Round 23: the yellow and grey phlegm games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 23: the yellow and grey phlegm games.

Ben McKay what a spud on $800,000 pa 6 year deal
Yeah, was going to comment what an overpriced dud he is not $800,000 but he’s on a front end loaded contract at $1,500,000 for 2024!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Add Hobbs at pick 13 - He is a plodder.
Geezuz he is very ordinary. Don’t want him anywhere near us. Not at any price. Plodder is a very apt description. Like all Essendon players just so vanilla.

Reactions: 3 users
If this was us they would be tearing us to shreds.
For team which was in the top 2 to drop again is pathetic.
The commentators always prop them up.
Just like during doping saga.
They were labelled "brave'
Brave to leave the club to an off site facility to have "injections"
*smile* off bombers and die mid table for eternity.
I always especially hated the club's 'comeback story' propaganda that season they all returned from being banned for doping, which was then encouraged by the media.

Tone-deaf to the sh1thouse, bearing in mind that was the same season Jarryd Roughead returned for Hawthorn after being crook.

And to label a return from a drug ban 'brave' and celebrate it as a 'comeback story' is disgracefully disrespectful to someone like Jason McCartney.

Reactions: 9 users
Probably been said already but the lolbombers got a bit too close to the edge
Bad Day Falling GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Heeney is being held at every stoppage he is at and it’s just being let go.
Staggering

Happens every week in every game, and they wonder why the game is congested when players get tackled before they can get the ball? It is idiotic and a blight on the game, along with all the throwing (and the stand shemozle).

I didn't watch the game but I do tend to look at the stats after the game.

Umpiring, enough has been said, looks like Longmire's little quip about last year's Grand Final and how Fagan would have been unhappy did not go down well with the maggots.

I often look at contested and uncontested possessions It has been noticeable this year that we are not so bad on contested possessions but terrible on uncontested possessions. This to me reflects the way other teams can kick the ball around our players. But tonight: South Melbourne lost both contested and uncontested possessions - so make of that what you will. Also, the effective disposals was around even, so South had far less possessions, were no more efficient with the possessions, and won by a lot - tells me that the effective disposals stat is pretty useless. But the critical factor was that they weren't far behind on inside 50s and they scored a goal 30% of the time they went inside 50, compared to about 15% for Essendon. So, get the ball inside 50 and score goals - game is much simpler than you think sometimes.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Happens every week in every game, and they wonder why the game is congested when players get tackled before they can get the ball? It is idiotic and a blight on the game, along with all the throwing (and the stand shemozle).

I didn't watch the game but I do tend to look at the stats after the game.

Umpiring, enough has been said, looks like Longmire's little quip about last year's Grand Final and how Fagan would have been unhappy did not go down well with the maggots.

I often look at contested and uncontested possessions It has been noticeable this year that we are not so bad on contested possessions but terrible on uncontested possessions. This to me reflects the way other teams can kick the ball around our players. But tonight: South Melbourne lost both contested and uncontested possessions - so make of that what you will. Also, the effective disposals was around even, so South had far less possessions, were no more efficient with the possessions, and won by a lot - tells me that the effective disposals stat is pretty useless. But the critical factor was that they weren't far behind on inside 50s and they scored a goal 30% of the time they went inside 50, compared to about 15% for Essendon. So, get the ball inside 50 and score goals - game is much simpler than you think sometimes.

DS
I only watched the first quarter and a half but you can forget stats when watching Essendon. They flick the ball around by hand and foot and they look very attractive doing it but they don’t score.
When they had so much dominance of possession early and south stayed with them it was obvious they weren’t going to win.
They play pretty football which falls away when the pressure is on.

Reactions: 1 users
I only watched the first quarter and a half but you can forget stats when watching Essendon. They flick the ball around by hand and foot and they look very attractive doing it but they don’t score.
When they had so much dominance of possession early and south stayed with them it was obvious they weren’t going to win.
They play pretty football which falls away when the pressure is on.
Yep agree. They're terrible converters. 2 goals 9 behinds 2nd & 3rd quarters. Dominated inside 50s 20 to 10 in the first yet had same scoring shots & only 5 points up. Dons forward line is a shambles. No fire-power. Once Swans got on top in the 3rd Bombers capitulated.

Freo hanging in there but they wouldn't want to get too far behind. Geez Hogan is absolutely a menace.

Who's the goose that thought Hogan shouldn't be in Yellow and black??
He mark's everything

This is a seasoned GWS outfit with a sprinkle of youth talent. As good a chance as anyone.

Hogan should've had 5 goals. Missed a very gettable, hit the post with a snap and spilled a chest mark 15m out.