Round 20 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 20 other games

Loving that Poo$y pose....look determined, hold the phone to the ear, don't mime any words..

At what point does Roos become a hugely overrated coach who looked good at Sydney whilst enjoying the luxury of a great playing list and extra cash to splash from the cola allowance?

And yet Poosy will hold on to his golden cheque for coaching next year even though he's been found out as just another average joe blow. Completely overrated this guy.

Been mooted by a few that the real mind behind the Swans success initially was actually an assistant at the time who is now in charge of the Dockers.

Said it before and I'll say it again just coz. Roosy inherited a team destined for a flag. Buckley given a job regardless of qualifications and ability. Both being found out but they get the dream run from the meda. Both frauds.

tiger76 said:
At what point does Roos become a hugely overrated coach who looked good at Sydney whilst enjoying the luxury of a great playing list and extra cash to splash from the cola allowance?

Come on. You can't deny he was a good coach at the Swans. He helped create the attitude at the Swans that produced a champion club. Melbourne has a good list of young players but you can't just click your fingers and turn it all around. Melbourne are coming from so far back it's not funny. Inconsistent performances are part and parcel. All it shows to me is no matter how good a coach you are it takes time to turn your fortunes around.

craig said:
Been mooted by a few that the real mind behind the Swans success initially was actually an assistant at the time who is now in charge of the Dockers.

I'll give Rocket Eade the credit. Lyon some also.

tigerlove said:
Come on. You can't deny he was a good coach at the Swans. He helped create the attitude at the Swans that produced a champion club. Melbourne has a good list of young players but you can't just click your fingers and turn it all around. Melbourne are coming from so far back it's not funny. Inconsistent performances are part and parcel. All it shows to me is no matter how good a coach you are it takes time to turn your fortunes around.

He was, but his big mistake is using his outdated game plan at Rabblebourne. Beveridge and Hinkley have the nous to quickly improve a bad team, with even Richo to some extent so far.

TigerForce said:
I'll give Rocket Eade the credit. Lyon some also.

He was, but his big mistake is using his outdated game plan at Rabblebourne. Beveridge and Hinkley have the nous to quickly improve a bad team, with even Richo to some extent so far.

Yes, if I had to give him some grudging acknowledgement it would be the plan he had for the swans. Seems he has no plan b based on the list/skill set at his disposal.

tigerlove said:

Tend to agree. Hawthorn(?) had the Ferraris while Sydney were the Cortinas. The whole was better than the sum of the parts, even if it was sh!t to watch.

But when he took over at Sydney, they'd played finals in 5 of the previous 6 seasons, where Melbourne is mentally damaged. He's struggled to instil a consistent on-field culture in only two years. Perhaps they'd have even been better off with a new coach, but were probably gun shy after Neeld. Still think they have a reasonable base for the future, interesting to see what Simon Goodstuff can do.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Tend to agree. Hawthorn(?) had the Ferraris while Sydney were the Cortinas. The whole was better than the sum of the parts, even if it was sh!t to watch.

But when he took over at Sydney, they'd played finals in 5 of the previous 6 seasons, where Melbourne is mentally damaged. He's struggled to instil a consistent on-field culture in only two years. Perhaps they'd have even been better off with a new coach, but were probably gun shy after Neeld. Still think they have a reasonable base for the future, interesting to see what Simon Goodstuff can do.

Poo$y was treated too much like a messiah on Fox Footy who could instantly turn a rabble over. Big mistake Peter Jackson.

Free is doing what was expected. Laying down.
Don't wont hawthorn anywhere near the G

Dogs starting wear out now. Good to see. Let's hope they get ahead of themselves and hit a slump for the rest of the season.