Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Eject ! Eject ! Eject !

training bail out GIF

Is there any way a loss can be conjured up for both Pies & Dons tonight?

Reactions: 1 user
The Scum of the Wood against the Scum of the Don.

I suppose I'll be on the Bummers bandwagon tonight. Anyway to get the Skunks out of top 4 or even better, out of the 8.

Reactions: 2 users
We need a draw with both sides getting 6 suspensions each.

Bumwood have a very difficult run home. After tonight v Arsendon, they’ve got Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne. It’s not impossible that they miss the 8.

Dylan Shiela is playing tonight. I'm sure that's an advantage to Collingwood. Then again, he's as much of a skirt as N. Daicos. Difference being, Daicos can win matches off his own boot. Perhaps the pair of them can swap tips on how to best get the stains out of the jocks after filling them at the sight of a contest.

We need a draw with both sides getting 6 suspensions each.

Bumwood have a very difficult run home. After tonight v Arsendon, they’ve got Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne. It’s not impossible that they miss the 8.
Our game is where they have a lie down and a cuppa.

• Haha
Dylan Shiela is playing tonight. I'm sure that's an advantage to Collingwood. Then again, he's as much of a skirt as N. Daicos. Difference being, Daicos can win matches off his own boot. Perhaps the pair of them can swap tips on how to best get the stains out of the jocks after filling them at the sight of a contest.
I'll have my 2c on Daicos.
Still a boy. Gifted beyond belief. He does silly shirky things occasionally. I remember it took Bachar Houli about 3 years in a Richmond jumper to become a man.
When Daicos does, and he probably will, all this ridiculous criticism will look pretty stupid. His 15 min burst v GC was just out of this world and I felt he was rotated out of the centre just as he was about to break them. He's a freak player, we get em every 10 years or so.

Reactions: 5 users
Still a boy. Gifted beyond belief. He does silly shirky things occasionally. I remember it took Bachar Houli about 3 years in a Richmond jumper to become a man.
When Daicos does, and he probably will, all this ridiculous criticism will look pretty stupid. His 15 min burst v GC was just out of this world and I felt he was rotated out of the centre just as he was about to break them. He's a freak player, we get em every 10 years or so.
Yeah can't understand the criticism around social media. Absolute gun. Kicking almost a goal a game and a goal assist a game as a midfielder. Gets criticised for not getting his own ball but averages over 14 contested a game, 3rd in the league only just behind Cripps and Bonts. And he's only 21yo.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah can't understand the criticism around social media. Absolute gun. Kicking almost a goal a game and a goal assist a game as a midfielder. Gets criticised for not getting his own ball but averages over 14 contested a game, 3rd in the league only just behind Cripps and Bonts. And he's only 21yo.
I think folks are envious of him, and jealous of the luck of the club that the Daicos boys and Moore are F/Ss. They don't win the flag without them.

Our great players either had girls or when we do get a F/S, we get the calibre of Patrick Naish, Andrew Raines and David Bourke (probably the most skilful but brittle as a Violet Crumble).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Look you're right. And it's easy to get sucked into the pile-on. How much of that is jealousy and how much is legitimate, founded criticism? I've seen him nancy about a few times when it comes to the crunch. It's not a great look - for him, or anyone who does it. But as you say, he is still a boy. As I said, he's a matchwinner right now - the scary thing is he could be even better if he starts committing his body to the contest.

RE jealousy - how many clubs would love to receive a matchwinner for peanuts due to the father/son rule? I think a bit of the criticism sometimes stems from that.

While the hate is excessive, by the same token, the gushing praise he receives for the most run-of-the-mill acts on-field is nauseating. I think a large part of the resentment certainly stems from this. But that's not his fault. If anything it's a blight on the AFL media, and their prioritising of clicks and sensationalist tripe over proper news and analysis - and a textbook example of the current shambolic state of AFL media.

Reactions: 7 users
Daicos is a superstar, there is no debate, but I hate his attitude, the ducking, the entitlement, the routine attempts to bluff the ump and always assumes its his free when the whistle goes. Its all part of the package, at least at the moment, but I hate it and it makes him hard to like no mater how good he is.

For reference, Dusty is also a superstar, but has never had any of that attitude.

Reactions: 17 users
Daicos is a superstar, there is no debate, but I hate his attitude, the ducking, the entitlement, the routine attempts to bluff the ump and always assumes its his free when the whistle goes. Its all part of the package, at least at the moment, but I hate it and it makes him hard to like no mater how good he is.

For reference, Dusty is also a superstar, but has never had any of that attitude.
Superstars of the game play football without the need to play for frees and expected entitlement you describe in your post.

He is a product of his time which means he has skills but a weak ticker.

Reactions: 1 users
I think folks are envious of him, and jealous of the luck of the club that the Daicos boys and Moore are F/Ss. They don't win the flag without them.

Our great players either have girls or when we do get a F/S, we get the calibre of Patrick Naish, Andrew Raines and David Bourke (probably the most skilful but brittle as a Violet Crumble).
Jeez he could take a grab though:

Reactions: 9 users

Our great players either have girls or when we do get a F/S, we get the calibre of Patrick Naish, Andrew Raines and David Bourke (probably the most skilful but brittle as a Violet Crumble).
Richo and Bowden went alright.

Reactions: 3 users
Norf have finally dropped Zac Fisher, who costs them three goals a week. Don't think it'll be enough to deny Dogwick a rare win at the dump. Maybe if Wardlaw were playing.

Reckon the red-hot Hawks can knock off the Scats at Shitsville. Scott has finally tired of Jyhehe Clark's 11 touches a game.

Is there any way a loss can be conjured up for both Pies & Dons tonight?
Is rather the Drugs win as every lost makes it harder for the skunks to make top 4 to make going B2B harder for them.

Plus another Drugs win overinflates their season and they can fail in September which will also be pleasing.

A game I dont think I could stand watching so I'll keep to the NRL tonight I think.

I do enjoy looking at angry McCrrae rather than smug McCrae so go Drugs get it done.

Reactions: 2 users
I may well have to do a 'Joyeux Noel' and follow the lead of the Germans, French and Scots on the Western Front in Christmas of 1914, putting all animosity aside for one night. I'm willing to cease fire on Essendon as for perhaps the first time in my life, I barrack for the "smiling" "smile"-headed "smiles" to get the job done.

I need a cigarette now. "Smile".

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For me, tonights put up or shut the *smile* up for the Druggies. Fail to beat another top 8 team and they may aswell look for holidays in September. No point in showing up.