Round 12-The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12-The other games

Port vs Sydney is such a horrible game. We'd easily beat either team if we were playing them tonight.

I know it is a world game term but boy Geelong do play "The beautiful game".

Just smart, quick, skillful all over the ground. A joy to watch. The footskills of this club are outstanding.

And the J-Pod is quickly becoming the best set shot in the game. Everyone of his set shots is dead straight, the ball doesn't move through the air. And every kick is post high. Great to watch.

Don't forget Wallace did apply to the AFL to get the Pod at Richmond as a mature rookie before that rule came in.

SCOOP said:
I know it is a world game term but boy Geelong do play "The beautiful game".

Just smart, quick, skillful all over the ground. A joy to watch. The footskills of this club are outstanding.

And the J-Pod is quickly becoming the best set shot in the game. Everyone of his set shots is dead straight, the ball doesn't move through the air. And every kick is post high. Great to watch.

Don't forget Wallace did apply to the AFL to get the Pod at Richmond as a mature rookie before that rule came in.
TW also had him training to play off half back

SCOOP said:

The JPod is doing very well but Cleve Hughes would be kicking goals for the Cats right now.
Their midfield is simply awesome almost to the point of unfair & I'll even go so far as to say the best I have seen, Brisbane included. :eek:
I hope Ablett leaves.

Tigers of Old said:
The JPod is doing very well but Cleve Hughes would be kicking goals for the Cats right now.
Their midfield is simply awesome almost to the point of unfair & I'll even go so far as to say the best I have seen, Brisbane included. :eek:
I hope Ablett leaves.
Its one of those " will never know" ones ;D , not sure they will compare to 2012 tigers midfield ;)

Tigers of Old said:
I hope Ablett leaves.

Disagree on everything ToO! ;D

The Pod shows a ability to compete in the air and take pack marks, Steamer had neither. Not even close.

And Geelong went about everything the right way in getting that midfield. They deserve to keep it and not have the GC pirates come and pillage the bounty. They are the best side to watch and I want to keep that together so we can keep watching it.

How good was aaron davey out of half back ........i know lids is a gun but is he more valuable back at halfback with his kicking skills and penetrating kicks to break lines. IMO he is going forward.

So Carlton lost,Essendon got bent over & the Pies couldn't beat the Dees.

Today is a great day to be a Tiger supporter. :beer

It annoys me that every time there is a draw, certain commentators call for extra time etc.

What is wrong with a draw every now and then?

We have had them for 110 years. Do we have to change everything?

If the teams are level after 4 qtrs, then so be it. A fair result for both.

Some commentors automatically click straight into the no one wins, its a flat feeling mentality every time there is a draw. Today, they started within seconds of the game finishing on the TV. I think Darcy started it.

I was watching the last qtr and was enjoying a close and exciting finish ( hoping desperately that Melb would win ). The siren goes and its a draw.

Oh well. Bad luck for both. Probably a fair result in the end. And something different. Nothing wrong with that.

Funny both coachs thought it was a fair result and were happy enough with the 2 points.

Those who don't like the draw, get over it.

Jack said:
It annoys me that every time there is a draw, certain commentators call for extra time etc.

Agree Jack. The fact that Terry Wallace spruiked extra time following our draw with Brisbane a couple of years ago will be reason enough for many here to condemn the idea as well. ;D

I rarely have cause to listen to games on the radio these days, but the ABC coverage of today's match was first rate. :fing32

Jack said:

We have had them for 110 years. Do we have to change everything?

Well said. The odd draw adds to the drama imo.

Went to the game today, and the thing that struck me about the Pies is that many of the players who were missing from their teams early in the year, have started to slowly creep back into that line up, the same ones who have let them down time and time again, or have peaked and now on their decline, or are simply not good enough and have sloppy foot skills.

Fraser
Leigh Brown
Macaffer
Lockyer
Medhurst
Barham

If they continue to build every attack around the boundary, scorelines like 8.22 or whatever they kicked could very well become the norm for them.

And does anyone kick more floaters than Dale Thomas??

DragicevicFan said:
Went to the game today, and the thing that struck me about the Pies is that many of the players who were missing from their teams early in the year, have started to slowly creep back into that line up, the same ones who have let them down time and time again, or have peaked and now on their decline, or are simply not good enough and have sloppy foot skills.

Agreed, players like Lockyer and Brown had serviceable games which means they will be retained and Collingwood will fall over again, so its all good.