Round 12-The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12-The other games

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Seen him play have you?

Nope. Only going off what the Melbourne supporters on BF who go to the VFL games seem to say about him. In his 3rd year and can't get a game in a bottom 4 side, 1st year players have already cruised past him. Not really that appealing. If you've seen him play and he's so good, why can't he get a game?

Barnzy said:
Nope. Only going off what the Melbourne supporters on BF who go to the VFL games seem to say about him. In his 3rd year and can't get a game in a bottom 4 side, 1st year players have already cruised past him. Not really that appealing. If you've seen him play and he's so good, why can't he get a game?
So you havn,t seen him play but you reckon he hasn,t got talent because what people say..Geez Young Adam must have really pulled the whool over the melbourne recruiters.lol.Workmate of mine use to coach him at junior level back when he was at Greenvale and from what i understand he was more settled under the umbrella of the Sandy footy club to where he is now with Casey.May explain why he hasn,t got a gig yet although he was an emerg 3 weeks ago

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
So you havn,t seen him play but you reckon he hasn,t got talent because what people say..Geez Young Adam must have really pulled the whool over the melbourne recruiters.lol.Workmate of mine use to coach him at junior level back when he was at Greenvale and from what i understand he was more settled under the umbrella of the Sandy footy club to where he is now with Casey.May explain why he hasn,t got a gig yet although he was an emerg 3 weeks ago

Well the proof is in the pudding isn't it? Stuck in the VFL and can't get a game in a bottom 4 side who favours Bennel and Jetta over him as small forwards. As I said, not really that appealing.

Barnsy, if players are getting games then it means you have to give up plenty to get them in.

Players that arent for whatever reason, can be drafted in for nought. Otherwise guys like Tom Harley & Steven Gilham would never have been given another chance.

Can't see how you can make a call on Addam without having watched him play either.

Leysy's not advocating drafting him, as havent watched him since juniors. He may not have the tools to step up to AFL level.
He is one of the most supremely skilled players leysy's seen though, so is at least worth investigating as he is a type we need whereas Melb have plenty of them.

Leysy Days said:
Barnsy, if players are getting games then it means you have to give up plenty to get them in.

Players that arent for whatever reason, can be drafted in for nought. Otherwise guys like Tom Harley & Steven Gilham would never have been given another chance.

Can't see how you can make a call on Addam without having watched him play either.

Leysy's not advocating drafting him, as havent watched him since juniors. He may not have the tools to step up to AFL level.
He is one of the most supremely skilled players leysy's seen though, so is at least worth investigating as he is a type we need whereas Melb have plenty of them.

Old leysy, still going off junior form. Thought you would have learnt by now.

Barnzy said:
Well the proof is in the pudding isn't it? Stuck in the VFL and can't get a game in a bottom 4 side who favours Bennel and Jetta over him as small forwards. As I said, not really that appealing.
Oh yeah you have convinced me he hasn,t got talent ::)

Leysy Days said:

Players that arent for whatever reason, can be drafted in for nought.

You mean like Hislop and Thomson? You're right. We got them at bargain prices. ;D

As leysy said do your investigating first.

Thomson never had what it takes. But we obviously didnt do enough research on him.

Hartley should alleviate that. Hopefully.

come on richmond u cant let these no good slow footballers coached by a useless no idea of a coach finish a head of you

Rattsass was outcoached by rookie coach Scott :rofl :rofl :rofl Take that Carlscum

Leysy Days said:
Having a good year the Roos.

Heaps for Scott to work with,

6 & 6 after 12 rounds is a solid year thus far.

A lot of floggings though. The North list still has a little Richmond early 2000's to it. Not good enough to make the 8 just good enough to miss, stuck in no mans land. If North are to go forwards under Scott they may have to take a small step backward at some stage.

5 in a row for the Hawks. Lamb starting to get nervous. ;D

I did say early on in the year that if they keep their players on the park and not get too many injuries they're a top 8 side. Then I admitted I was probably wrong to lambchop after they looked shithouse. Now who knows? Maybe I was right. We will see, Hawks are like a rollercoaster. They have a number of stars and quality players but their depth and last 4-6 of their best 22 are questionable (Whitecross, Murphy, Muston, etc).