Richo Man Tribute Night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo Man Tribute Night

bowden4president said:
I think the Tribute part of the night without the dinner!

maybe someone who went might know for sure!

Correct. They were allowed into the balcony area at 8.30pm and left at 10.30pm. I think there were 2 x Balcony categories/pricing - $40 & $80, depending on where you were seated.

Brilliant report Newy. Upset i couldn't be there. Sounded like it was a magic night. Great effort writing out a report this thorough & detailed. :clap

GO TIGES!!!

Newman said:
Correct. They were allowed into the balcony area at 8.30pm and left at 10.30pm. I think there were 2 x Balcony categories/pricing - $40 & $80, depending on where you were seated.
Were they in the same room?

Newman said:

The general seating option consists of the following:
8.30pm – 9.30pm Richo Tribute Show
9.30pm Interval
10.00pm – 10.30pm Jon Stevens live in concert

pfft

Mrs Richo said:
dont get me started!.. i'm gonna ask Richo how he feels that his ticket price was higher than Buckley, Hird, Bowden and Harveys testimonial dinners (just to name a few) not to mention Bulldogs Team of the century night and all teams best and fairest medals.

Was also a fund raiser not just a testimonial.

Richo was meant to be on the 'Gameday' show on channel 7, Sunday morning, as host but called in sick.
Must of had a couple of drinks :hihi

mb64 said:
Still pretty steep pricing for supporters

I think they did it quite well. $350 for those who were very keen and / or who could afford it and then a $40 or $80 ticket for anyone else.

se7en said:
Richo was meant to be on the 'Gameday' show on channel 7, Sunday morning, as host but called in sick.
Must of had a couple of drinks :hihi

LOL - doesn't suprise me. Always had a drink in his hand from go to wo, plus I was told there was a cocktail style pre-fucntion do before the event...probably a 12 hour + drinking session for the big man and others...

mb64 said:
Still pretty steep pricing for supporters

Relax MB, Richo and the Tigers have given us so many opportunities over the years to meet and greet the great champ, one final special night to raise funds for the club (not for Richo's pocket or a board room p!ss up) doesn't warrant a fuss.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Relax MB, Richo and the Tigers have given us so many opportunities over the years to meet and greet the great champ, one final special night to raise funds for the club (not for Richo's pocket or a board room p!ss up) doesn't warrant a fuss.
I just think it is a shame that many supporters who have supported him throughout his career couldn't afford to go.Theres plenty of fundraising happening with Richo with other merchandise.

I'd be interested to know if there was much video footage of Richo shown on the night?

I was really dissapointed with the Richo DVD, and kjust wonder if the club might now release a proper 'higlight reel' DVD of Richo.

On that point, it has me beat why the club, or someone looking to make a buck, hasn't done this with footage of a whole heap of our stars. Surely it would be pretty cheap to produce, and imagine being able to buy a DVD with all or a combination of the greats from Royce to Rioli on it.

I'd have thought the theme would have sat well with other clubs as to. I'd certainly buy such compilations for every team.

mb64 said:
I just think it is a shame that many supporters who have supported him throughout his career couldn't afford to go.Theres plenty of fundraising happening with Richo with other merchandise.

Of course they could have gone. Could have brought a $40 or $80 ticket.

mb64 said:

How much fund raising money do they expect from us? They heckled me at work about their $250 a ticket raffle, plus the sh!t about helping out by buying dumb bells for their gym.. screw u guys, ask the corporates that you think so highly of.

Mrs Richo said:
How much fund raising money do they expect from us? They heckled me at work about their $250 a ticket raffle, plus the sh!t about helping out by buying dumb bells for their gym.. screw u guys, ask the corporates that you think so highly of.

Yeah stuff them! Lets not put in and help the club! ::)

your missing the point.. they r not a charity who run on donations from the public...... i just want something in return every now and then and not to be constantly begged for money... i know for a fact that Bulldogs dont do those things and you would think they r worse off than us.

Newman said:
As I was walking back to the function there were 2 ladies with their 4 girls (ageing approx. 10-15) waiting in the foyer, fully decked out in their Richmond gear. I stopped and asked what they were doing there - they replied, we're waiting for the function to end in the hope that they could get a pic/autograph of Richo as he walked past. They had been waiting for 2 hours (didn't have floor tickets to the function obviously). I tried a "shifty" by bribing the security to let them in for a few mins to however this didn't work. I eventually asked the security guard "hey, if get 6 tickets off my mates who were inside, can I give them to these fans to get in"? He said ok, so I did....cut a long story short, all six of them got in, got pics with Richo plus others, and were that happy and emotional that 1 of the girls was actually crying with happiness...Richo is a true legend!!!
Thats some real quality work right there Newman, great work mate.

:clap

Mrs Richo said:
your missing the point.. they r not a charity who run on donations from the public...... i just want something in return every now and then and not to be constantly begged for money... i know for a fact that Bulldogs dont do those things and you would think they r worse off than us.
Spot on Mrs Richo