Richmond in Tassie? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond in Tassie?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
as mentioned on the 5th quarter. they will provide a report on it later in the show. now before i abuse the club and criticise anyone who would be in favour of this, is anyone able to elaborate on the idea? how many games, how many years, etc? feeling very worried about this...

Is this just a media beat up based on what Benny gale said to the Hobart Mercury? (article posted in the journo thread)

Tassie here we come,
We can show case the game of football to the Tasmania's!
Our game style, will have us sent back on the Able Tasman, after our 1st game down there..
with a note attached "DONT COME BACK"

I certainly won't be voting for it whatever the deal is.

If the club is run properly we shouldn't need to be selling home games for cash grabs.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
If we have to sell games, I'd prefer Tassie to Darwin. Sorry Hopper.
Same here. We've got more supporters down there than in the NT + nice place for a weekend holiday.

All part of Benny's plan to eliminate the debt I suppose. I'd be for it IF we as members are compensated appropriately and that it;s only a 2-4 year strategy not a long term one.

i just pullled out a couple of quotes from the article.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/04/22/141455_afl.html

He (Gale) said any move for Richmond to play games in Hobart would require the support of the Tiger's board, members, the Tasmanian Government and the AFL.

- the board better not support it
- the members better not support it
- the tasmanian govt might not suport it considering the amount of taxpayers money they're giving to hawthorn
- and to the AFL - well they can just *smile*

Gale said while he could not speak for other clubs, selling games interstate was not as attractive an option as it was a couple of years ago.

"The AFL has worked hard on stadium deals [at the MCG and Etihad Stadium]," Gale said.

"That probably reduces the likelihood [of teams wanting to move home games]."

damn straight.

tigerjoe said:
Relax ian, just a couple of games a year for @ $5-600K a game.

there is no harm in a one off home game on the gold coast a lot of you said. i said that one game will open up a can of worms. then came darwin. now talk of tassie. so who was right?

Tiger_4_Life said:
All part of Benny's plan to eliminate the debt I suppose. I'd be for it IF we as members are compensated appropriately and that it;s only a 2-4 year strategy not a long term one.

then after 2-4 years the club will find another excuse to continue playing home games there or somewhere else.

Even when where not playing where still getting bagged,
During tonight's port and saints game shultz miskicked and missed the target by 20 metres, either quartermaine or lane said that was a "Richmond kick"
Then on the radio, they were talking about Richmond, when they were meant to be talking about the swans and west coast game.
We must be helping them get a audience,

That's why we might be ok playing games elsewhere till we improve, because those games wont be on free to air, mostly on FOX
I think if we can go along with it and allow them improve not in the lime light... its not a bad move..
Out of sight - out of mine

Ian4 said:
then after 2-4 years the club will find another excuse to continue playing home games there or somewhere else.

I want to support a team thats flushed with cash, if we're to be competitive off the field we need this type of money especially if we're not getting sponsorship deals that are as lucrative as other clubs. If we lose 2 home games for the next 4 years, I'd be willing to take that hit if it means an extra mil or more.

Ian4 said:
as mentioned on the 5th quarter. they will provide a report on it later in the show. now before i abuse the club and criticise anyone who would be in favour of this, is anyone able to elaborate on the idea? how many games, how many years, etc? feeling very worried about this...

Chillout Ian.

What's wrong are you scared of flying or something.

If it'd gonna get the club back on track and make us finacial again and we get compensated with another game to go to at the G like other teams do i don't see the problem.

win/win

TuesdayswithTerry said:
I certainly won't be voting for it whatever the deal is.

If the club is run properly we shouldn't need to be selling home games for cash grabs.
Would you say Hawthorn are a club that is run properly?

premiers2010 said:
Chillout Ian.

What's wrong are you scared of flying or something.

If it'd gonna get the club back on track and make us finacial again and we get compensated with another game to go to at the G like other teams do i don't see the problem.

win/win

gawd you obviously never read my posts last year re the home game on the gold coast. the apathy from RFC supporters about this issue on this website was mind boggling imo. do you remember Meltiger? well he was as passionate about this issue as I was - maybe moreso, but you guys frustrated him so much that he's rarely on here anymore. he was just too disgusted by a lot of ppl's careless attitudes.

We should not be selling games to get money, rattle some tins if they need the money that bad. I am suprised some many people are happy to have games moved from Melbourne.

ZeroGame said:
Would you say Hawthorn are a club that is run properly?

I would say Hawthorn are a club that have sold their soul.

They don't have anywhere near as big a supporter base as us and we shouldn't need to sell our soul also.

As much as I hate Collingwood & Essendon, I respect them for not selling off home games.