Rance and White | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rance and White

Geez White didnt get alot of the ball tonight but what he did was very good. Will never be a star but wont get complaints from me if he always plays like he did tonight. Rance, I'm reserving my judgement. I can't see forward being his ultimate position though. Plaing forward as a tall and not taking even 1 mark for the night leaves a bit to be desired.

white wasn't shocking. was better than farmer, nahas, nason, edwards, cousins to name a few.

If we are to rate a guy on football IQ, White is as dumb as they come. Worst decision maker in our side, and has been for a while. Couldn't hit a target to save his life, and seems to think he can out run any opponent. I admire the endeavor, but you shouldn't try and do things you clearly are not capable of.

Pandaboy said:
If we are to rate a guy on football IQ, White is as dumb as they come. Worst decision maker in our side, and has been for a while. Couldn't hit a target to save his life, and seems to think he can out run any opponent. I admire the endeavor, but you shouldn't try and do things you clearly are not capable of.

McGuane isn't any better. Sure, he's a big body, tries hard and seems to hate getting beaten, but you just know when he plays on aimlesslessly that he's going to make a bad decision, like he did late in the game. Hands aren't as sure as most defenders either.

23 now, and it'd take years to groom a replacement tall. Hopefully he'll shake off these failings in the same way Scott Turner did. But he'd want to do it soon.

I thought the commentators said Rance was running with Watson in the 1st half. Is that correct ? If so, how did he do ?

Baloo said:
I thought the commentators said Rance was running with Watson in the 1st half. Is that correct ? If so, how did he do ?
He was at some stage, but not for the entire half I don't think

Not our worst by far 2nite either of these players.

My Worst for us was Shane Edwardes. Turn over king, skinny little runt, never seen some1's head wobble soo much when he runs off the ground. A grade list clogger!

Not our worst players ny a mile. Rance is young only 20yrs old and atacks the ball like a bull unlike anyone else in our team and we need someone like that , yes he is still raw and needs to learn how to dispose the ball a bit cleaner but you cant buy that kind of courage and he will get better , i would never get rid of him based on that. And at least White has a go as well , he is only 23yrs of age playing with a bunch of kids , we need his pace and he deserves to stay for another 3yrs at least.................

These are the players that need to go no questions asked next year and no second chances...........Out with the lot of them

Farmer
Hislop
King
McMahon
Polo
Simmonds
Thomson

Also question marks over

Cousins
Tambling

The first seven need to be moved on and the second two need to be looked at , McGuane is still only 23 and he has played some good games , he will be needed as our backline develops , dont give up on him just yet.

Jury's out on Rance. As others have remarked, doesn't seem to have a standout feature to his game other than courage, and that'll take you only so far.

White was OK tonight, but doesn't get clean possession consistently enough to be damaging.

luckysonny2015 said:
Not our worst players ny a mile. Rance is young only 20yrs old and atacks the ball like a bull unlike anyone else in our team and we need someone like that , yes he is still raw and needs to learn how to dispose the ball a bit cleaner but you cant buy that kind of courage and he will get better , i would never get rid of him based on that. And at least White has a go as well , he is only 23yrs of age playing with a bunch of kids , we need his pace and he deserves to stay for another 3yrs at least.................

These are the players that need to go no questions asked next year and no second chances...........Out with the lot of them

Farmer ditto! these hacks must go .
Hislop
King
McMahon
Polo
Simmonds
Thomson

Also question marks over

Cousins
Tambling

The first seven need to be moved on and the second two need to be looked at , McGuane is still only 23 and he has played some good games , he will be needed as our backline develops , dont give up on him just yet.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
White was OK tonight, but doesn't get clean possession consistently enough to be damaging.

Keeps getting a game at the moment so the selection panel and coaches obviously see something.

I have said it many times on these forums, but White's biggest problem looks to be confidence. He has the skills he needs, just needs to pick up on the confidence side of his game. Not sure why he has lost his way, bu I still reckon he can make it to being a productive part of our team.

Streak said:
Keeps getting a game at the moment so the selection panel and coaches obviously see something.

I have said it many times on these forums, but White's biggest problem looks to be confidence. He has the skills he needs, just needs to pick up on the confidence side of his game. Not sure why he has lost his way, bu I still reckon he can make it to being a productive part of our team.

I agree - that perfectly weighted 50m pass at full speed to Jack in the square was a beauty. I think he does have skills and is making better use of his speed... is usually a good snap for goal too, though missed a shocker last night.

Play him for the rest of the season - I doubt he'll ever be dropped for lack of endeavour - and let's see towards the end of the year.

White is a battler, has good pace, happy for him to play until someone better comes along, don't see him improving much.

Totally disagree on Rance, he will make a good hard bodied mid or fwd flank, he seems to be getting better each week, looked good in close.

I am still happy with how we are going this year, glimpses look good

grumpytiger said:
I agree - that perfectly weighted 50m pass at full speed to Jack in the square was a beauty. I think he does have skills and is making better use of his speed... is usually a good snap for goal too, though missed a shocker last night.

Play him for the rest of the season - I doubt he'll ever be dropped for lack of endeavour - and let's see towards the end of the year.

That was the only thing he did all game. What about all the turnovers? This bloke has had 5 years and done jack all

Rance's fresh air mark attempt in front of goal just before half time was a lowlight.

Daigoro said:
Rance's fresh air mark attempt in front of goal just before half time was a lowlight.

Yes, saw that. Just typical Rance. Such a horrible judge of the ball in flight. Never seen someone take so many fresh air shots at marks ever.