R3 AFLW - Sydney v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R3 AFLW - Sydney v Richmond

Much better performance today with the addition of Sheerin. With Ellie turning it on, our mids had too much class with Poppy smashing everything. McClelland as back up ruck is doing a good job and our midgets are gaining confidence. Passing overall was excellent. There is only one real problem with the team and that is the FF. Need someone who can run, clunk marks, and smash packs. I wonder if Wakefield wants to make a comeback at 37. Would not be any worse than what we currently have. The lumbering giant trial is a failure. Frederick, and this one.

Reactions: 1 user
She’s not the best …… yet , however haven’t seen any of the girls look as much a natural footballer as Ellie McKenzie does

Reactions: 2 users
Much better performance today with the addition of Sheerin. With Ellie turning it on, our mids had too much class with Poppy smashing everything. McClelland as back up ruck is doing a good job and our midgets are gaining confidence. Passing overall was excellent. There is only one real problem with the team and that is the FF. Need someone who can run, clunk marks, and smash packs. I wonder if Wakefield wants to make a comeback at 37. Would not be any worse than what we currently have. The lumbering giant trial is a failure. Frederick, and this one.
Think you’re being a tad harsh. She can mark and is bloody hard to get around, is a good foil for Brennan. Has had opportunities to kick multiple goals
Biggest concern is her kicking for goal at the moment

Reactions: 1 users
Think you’re being a tad harsh. She can mark and is bloody hard to get around, is a good foil for Brennan. Has had opportunities to kick multiple goals
Biggest concern is her kicking for goal at the moment
Disagree. Drops easy marks, gets pushed off the ball consistently, slow, has the turning circle of the Titanic. Does not split the pack. Should be kicking most of her shots as this is what she is paid to do. She is the key forward. It’s why she was recruited. To replace someone who could split packs, mark down the line and kick goals. She would be bottom two in the league for her position.

In every stat she is below her career average.
For this season she has 1 goal 9 disposals 2 marks and 2 tackles. These are not averages. These are season totals. Get me any player from any team and I can pretty much guarantee they would equal or better that, even if they were 3 foot 6.

It’s a no from me.

Agree with Greaser. Too many simple errors.

Disagree. Drops easy marks, gets pushed off the ball consistently, slow, has the turning circle of the Titanic. Does not split the pack. Should be kicking most of her shots as this is what she is paid to do. She is the key forward. It’s why she was recruited. To replace someone who could split packs, mark down the line and kick goals. She would be bottom two in the league for her position.

In every stat she is below her career average.
For this season she has 1 goal 9 disposals 2 marks and 2 tackles. These are not averages. These are season totals. Get me any player from any team and I can pretty much guarantee they would equal or better that, even if they were 3 foot 6.

It’s a no from me.
Hard to argue with those numbers - maybe taking time to settle in 😐!

Good win and a boost to percentage. Nowhere to watch this so I missed it.

Now, we have a "home" game against Carlton which really becomes a must win.

Hopefully they can back this up, sounds like a pretty even performance across the team. With Conti and McKenzie in the middle we should be a difficult team to beat.

DS

We are a really well balanced team.

Midfield was great, forwards (outside of grieser) were great, but not enough is being said of our backline.

Gabby Seymour is fantastic. After spending a couple of seasons filling in in the ruck for us admirably, she's back in defence, and looks like the league's best.

Fast, strong, she reads the ball brilliantly. She gives her opponent nothing and takes intercept marks. Couple that with Miller, another who can take intercepts and blanket opponents, while getting up the ground, and we have two of the best defensive aerialists in the game. Which is huge in this competition.

Reactions: 3 users

Midfield was great, forwards (outside of grieser) were great, but not enough is being said of our backline.

Gabby Seymour is fantastic. After spending a couple of seasons filling in in the ruck for us admirably, she's back in defence, and looks like the league's best.

Fast, strong, she reads the ball brilliantly. She gives her opponent nothing and takes intercept marks. Couple that with Miller, another who can take intercepts and blanket opponents, while getting up the ground, and we have two of the best defensive aerialists in the game. Which is huge in this competition.
Such a shame about the Eagles loss - should be plumb top 3 undefeated. Hopefully it was the sting that was needed to win some big games later on and boost consistency. Am enjoying watching this team

Reactions: 3 users

Totally agree, this change of position that we've done with the rucks - trading in McKinnon - had so many benefits. When she did her knee I was concerned but how good has Poppy Kelly been, possibly the most improved player on last season. Its enabled us to keep Gabby back, and move Shevlin to the wing, been a massive win-win-win scenario.

Such a shame about the Eagles loss - should be plumb top 3 undefeated. Hopefully it was the sting that was needed to win some big games later on and boost consistency. Am enjoying watching this team

I was thinking when we lost that, maybe it was the loss we needed to get the desire over the edge. We can be competitive in this comp. It has taken a few years to build but the team is now quite solid.

DS