R3 AFLW - Sydney v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R3 AFLW - Sydney v Richmond

Really good 1st half. They came at us in the 2nd quarter but we've counter punched well.

Geez after the last 2 years, you'd have been forgiven for forgetting how good McKenzie could be. She looks a million dollars. Hopefully she can get a really good run with injuries going forward from here.

These 1st 3 weeks I've been really impressed by Ally Dalloway, reckon she gives us something a bit extra but importantly more depth through the midfield. Her and Hicks could look like 1 of the trade steals of all time. Pick 30 and 69 for the 2 of them and 43. We got 43 for that pick, and 69 wasn't used so essentially. Dalloway, Hicks and Ford for Pick 30. Lets hope the men can find a trade like that.
McKenzie needs to give first option a bit more. Runs herself into trouble a bit.
Conti well held so far, she gets some rough treatment at times.

Reactions: 1 users
Good goal Shevlin. Even better not expecting Mon Con to do most of the work.

Shevlin is the big gain we have of rolling Seymour back into defence. Its why we brough McKinnon in but Kelly has been the best I've seen her this season, gone up a gear.
Having Shevlin last year as a lock down defender was a waste knowing what her long kick can do further down the field.

Reactions: 1 users
What a banana peel the wce game was. Let’s hope it doesn’t cost us in a ten game season.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably Poppy Kelly's best game today.
Good result, with Conti well held.
Shevlin, Dempsey, Seymour, Graham & Miller all good.

We need to upgrade 18. Cost us the wce game.

Panics.

Not clean and two or three grabs everything.

Good win.

Best performance I've seen from our girls. Kelly, Conti, McKenzie and Sheerin is a midfield to build around and two good targets forward.

Reactions: 5 users
Great effort McKenzie huge the work conti did off ball to get Ellie free was huge

Kelly dominated but with low mclallen stepping up into 2nd ruck its freed gabs up in defence which means shevs can dominate the wing

Reactions: 1 user
With the condensed fixture coming up in the AFLW it'll be interesting what sort of player rotation we go with over the coming few weeks, with several short breaks in a row.

Luckily we have depth now in our side, with players like Eastman, Jones, Ryan, Reid, Peck, Woods and Wickstead that can all come in and play a role. I wonder if 1 of those games we go with Tamara Luke in the ruck, being as we brought her in when McKinnon went down injured, we obviously had a plan for our rucks through that time and the injury hurt that.