Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

Thanks on the MCC, re our location, that didn't matter when the AFL and various governments detailed the complete redevelopment of the MCG precinct, we may be the gateway but the RFC was completely overlooked, the club and Benny Gale where furious and extremely disappointed
Its a wait and see i suppose

Reactions: 1 user
way too harsh & not close to being factual, so i will counter your *smile* with a fact or 2

Fact: Multiplex were awarded the building contract
Fact: A major Multiplex subcontractor went bust
Fact: Due to the above fact, tenders for said subcontract package were re-issued
Fact: Price increase on tenders received was approx $8M
Fact: Multiplex has the right to pass price increase onto RFC
Fact: Building will commence this year & will now be done in stages

Well, all of that sucks. But construction does seem to be very expensive.

One question I have about this idea of Punt Rd being a venue for AFLW, VFL etc is the capacity. 8,000 is too small if the AFL are serious about growing AFLW. I would prefer to see 15-20 thousand if it is at all possible.

DS

way too harsh & not close to being factual, so i will counter your *smile* with a fact or 2

Fact: Multiplex were awarded the building contract
Fact: A major Multiplex subcontractor went bust
Fact: Due to the above fact, tenders for said subcontract package were re-issued
Fact: Price increase on tenders received was approx $8M
Fact: Multiplex has the right to pass price increase onto RFC
Fact: Building will commence this year & will now be done in stages
This is an incredibly challenging time to be building major facilities. It’s really been a perfect storm of builders and sub contractors going broke, shortage of labour and escalating material prices.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like a lot of money on top of all the other increases. Don't dispute much of it is needed but how much is this redevelopment going to cost the club?:confused:

That's alright. Its only a matter of time before the RFC go begging to government for more money and the government will bend over as they always do for footy. nothing to stress about (y)

That's alright. Its only a matter of time before the RFC go begging to government for more money and the government will bend over as they always do for footy. nothing to stress about (y)
Well footy is a massive part of the Victorian economy.