Preseason draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preseason draft

SCOOP said:
Nailed it. Great rookie draft for the picks we had.

Last two rookie drafts have been superb. Right types.

yeah yeah, as far as you're concerned the club can do no wrong. Apologist.

Pretty happy too with these picks!

Would have liked another talk instead of another mid but overall happy and Goodluck to all the rookies we picked up today.

I'm looking forward to our VFL side next year too. Excited and genuinely reckon we will be competitive.

ThePercies said:
A very nice kick on this guy. Should show up a few down at punt road. Looks like a good project player.
Heartily agree. Suggested we look at the two Sudanese boys a long way back. So rapt we have taken this guy. Kicking reminds me of Michael Long; he just lobs it out at perfect height and gentle pace for target to run on to; doesn't blast it at, on or over their head.
I read 198 cm and he is young enough to be still growing, with a huge leap. Can go forward and mark, be dangerous too.
Stefan Martin is the latest 'short' ruckman who matches up and wins on athleticism rather than sheer size so I wouldn't worry too much about his height.

Baloo said:
yeah yeah, as far as you're concerned the club can do no wrong. Apologist.

Good bait.

Give em a slap on the back when they deserve it & a sledge when they deserve it.

Slap here is fine.

evo said:
looks like he may be able to cover the 3cm differential

6c12c41523b7740fd4e425f38611bcaa
Looks like he's playing soccer n trying for a header.

Def appears to have some leap about him.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Callum Moore at the U18 Champs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9HaPlgbps

Kicking a real concern!

Needs to clean his boots

He has some attributes - he can find the footy. Some deficiencies to work on.
Maybe a project player. Development/Chocco will have a big role to see if they can make improvements in his game.

willo said:
Maybe a project player. Development/Chocco will have a big role to see if they can make improvements in his game.

What are his stats that say "he can find the footy"? His highlight reel is hardly going to show him watching the play unfold or not be in it at all.

jb03 said:
What are his stats that say "he can find the footy"? His highlight reel is hardly going to show him watching the play unfold or not be in it at all.

Look his stats up for yourself ya lazy bastard. I'm going by what other experts base their opinions on. Video highlights. ;D
If you can't see that he can take contested marks I can't help you. Regardless of whether they're highlights or not, obviously that counts for something. The same as I can watch his ball drop. Fluid? Textbook? Nah, proof is in the missed shots at goal and missing targets. Or do you think those were his highlights as well?
It shows he's got some good attributes, some bad, but something to work with. That's what I said.

Now give us your critique.

willo said:
Look his stats up for yourself ya lazy bastard. I'm going by what other experts base their opinions on. Video highlights. ;D
If you can't see that he can take contested marks I can't help you. Regardless of whether they're highlights or not, obviously that counts for something. The same as I can watch his ball drop. Fluid? Textbook? Nah, proof is in the missed shots at goal and missing targets. Or do you think those were his highlights as well?
It shows he's got some good attributes, some bad, but something to work with. That's what I said.

JB needs to wait for Navy Days' opinion before he can say too much.

willo said:

Brodders17 said:

I stand to be corrected by yazzy days but i don't think he will make it. Only taken as a rookie in a weak draft and can't kick. Way too many in front of him.

Brodders17 said:

:hihi
jb03 said:
I stand to be corrected by yazzy days but i don't think he will make it. Only taken as a rookie in a weak draft and can't kick. Way too many in front of him.

Well maybe you should have waited for Leyseys opinion before you went off your own bat. ;D

willo said:

No doubting there's plenty in front of him. That's why I said he may be a project player and to see if they can make improvements in his game.