Preseason draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preseason draft

Marcon ready to take the next step
July 4, 2015
Brent Diamond

The big one: They were best mates before they even got to the VFL, but now Williamstown's Adam Marcon desperately wants to join Richmond's Kane Lambert as a mature-age AFL recruit. Coach Andy Collins reckons Marcon has matured into an elite midfielder and is there for the taking. His 29 disposals and nine clearances in the Seagulls' 44-point win over Essendon at Burbank Oval proved it.

"I keep saying that Adam probably deserves his chance at a higher level because Kane, his best mate was taken last year, and he's doing quite well. I really believe Adam has grown, he's just showed his class as a midfielder again against quality opposition," Collins said.

Marcon and Lambert were teammates at both the Northern Blues and Williamstown before Lambert was plucked by the Tigers. Both went through the Northern Knights in the TAC Cup, but failed to get drafted. Before then, they played local cricket together as juniors.

Marcon's intensity in the clinches and smart use of the ball were a highlight in the Seagulls' nine-goal third term that showed they will be a premiership challenger again.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/vfl-marcon-ready-to-take-the-next-step-20150704-gi57wd.html#ixzz3se8jbxbo

Huge 6 weeks for the Tigers!!!

Yarran, Moore and Townsend in the trade period

Rioli (still smiling), Markov and Broad in the nat draft

And we land (ruck we need), another Moore who could be anything with some decent development and another mature aged mid in Marcon!

Very well done RFC!

Pretty pleased with the overall trade/ draft period., 9 additions with a variety of potential.

mrposhman said:
Mabior Chol with our 2nd. Good a young ruck, now a key defender and we are set.

Grew up with the footy from 8 years of age so he'd have some natural skill after 10 years compared to some of the US imports.

I really hope this kid makes it. He'll be an interesting watch in the VFL games. I like his kicking.

Re: Preseason drafth

Tiger Pops said:
Pick 30Mabior Chol

Player bio
Former club: Aspley
Height: 197cm
Weight: 80kg
Position: Ruckman
2015 Statistics
Games: 3
Goals: -
Avg Kicks: 5.7
Avg Marks: 3.7
Avg Hballs: 4.3

Sudanese-born tall forward who can play in the ruck. Left-footer who is quick and agile and a good user of the ball by hand and foot. Moved from Sudan to Queensland at eight years of age. Member of Brisbane Lions Academy. Impressed in the NAB AFL U18 Championships for Queensland.

Stoked with this pick!
Give this kid time and he could be anything.

Mabior Chol good pick
If you get a chance check out his highlight package good taps clean mark and good disposal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdihMQ8EJZk

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Chol is a bit small to be a genuine ruck if he's 197 cm as listed. To be developed as a key back perhaps?
looks like he may be able to cover the 3cm differential

6c12c41523b7740fd4e425f38611bcaa

Pretty impressed with the highlight reel of Chol, with the right development he could be a real player for us.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Chol is a bit small to be a genuine ruck if he's 197 cm as listed. To be developed as a key back perhaps?
Very similar dimensions to Majak Daw when he was rookied. Perhaps will fill out to being a similar size as Daw is now as his body matures and spends some time in the gym.

Nailed it. Great rookie draft for the picks we had.

Last two rookie drafts have been superb. Right types.

Disco Stu said:
Pretty impressed with the highlight reel of Chol, with the right development he could be a real player for us.

A very nice kick on this guy. Should show up a few down at punt road. Looks like a good project player.