Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025

Well, as a Niners fan I can tell you that the ownership group of the Niners are…what’s the word to use…bloody ordinary. Ok that’s two words. Anyway.

The Niners are owned by the York family. John and Denise York and their son Jed (who is also the CEO of the Niners.)

Denise is the sister of Eddie De Bartolo who used to own the Niners through their golden age. He was regarded as the best owner in the NFL but ran into some nefarious legal problems outside of the NFL and was forced to relinquish his hold on the Niners. He wanted to sell them, but his sister Denise and her *smile* husband ended up securing ownership rights after a bitter legal battle. The two are estranged as a result.

The De Bartolo family made its wealth from construction and property activities. Denise and her side of the family are worth about $5 billion USD.

Anyway, Denise’s fwit husband John York - who knew absolutely nothing about NFL football - totally and utterly mis managed the Niners and ran them into the ground. They went through CEO after CEO and coach after coach. The Bay Area hate the Yorks with a passion.

In the end, John York stepped aside and handed the reins over to his son Jed who, thankfully, has done a much better job of running the Niners. But even he has his critics in the Bay Area.

All up….in my personal opinion, based on their track record with the Niners, not a good ownership group for Leeds.
Been a few cases of US ownership of Soccer clubs that have been horrendous and have crippled the clubs.

Sunderland a perfect very recent example of being skinned gutted and ruined by Short the US owner, during the horrid years of failure so exquisitely catalogued in "Sunderland Till I die".

Spent no money on players in the EPL they got predictably relegated then they sold off any real quality they had and fell straight out of the Championship through to the 3rd tier, even with their parachute payments from the EP, thats how bad things had gotten for the Black Cats a huge club in English football.

Its taken what odd years to get out of League 1 t back to challenging for the Prem in the Championship as they couldn't even afford the quality of player to get them straight out of the 3rd tier.

UK football is a completely different business and animal what with international trading's and player movements loans spells etc.

If you've got foreign owners especially ones with pockets not as deep as other owners from non Soccer backgrounds, you better have a bloody canny local admin or you're gonna find yourself in trouble most likely sooner than later.

Been a few cases of US ownership of Soccer clubs that have been horrendous and have crippled the clubs.

Sunderland a perfect very recent example of being skinned gutted and ruined by Short the US owner, during the horrid years of failure so exquisitely catalogued in "Sunderland Till I die".

Spent no money on players in the EPL they got predictably relegated then they sold off any real quality they had and fell straight out of the Championship through to the 3rd tier, even with their parachute payments from the EP, thats how bad things had gotten for the Black Cats a huge club in English football.

Its taken what odd years to get out of League 1 t back to challenging for the Prem in the Championship as they couldn't even afford the quality of player to get them straight out of the 3rd tier.

UK football is a completely different business and animal what with international trading's and player movements loans spells etc.

If you've got foreign owners especially ones with pockets not as deep as other owners from non Soccer backgrounds, you better have a bloody canny local admin or you're gonna find yourself in trouble most likely sooner than later.
We’ve moved on Craigslist. What we’re all trying to work out now is if I am paying too much for my Foxtel Platinum package and instead, should take a non- sports package and get all my sport separately via Kayo whilst understanding the limitations of Kayo and how crap everyone says it is.

We’ve moved on Craigslist. What we’re all trying to work out now is if I am paying too much for my Foxtel Platinum package and instead, should take a non- sports package and get all my sport separately via Kayo whilst understanding the limitations of Kayo and how crap everyone says it is.
Thats above my pay grade ny Dear Drof.

I've got no idea and I cannot assist with your current dilemma.

I dont have pay TV I'm poor. My Bad.

Its a fair point Redders. WTF are Foxtel doing with their sport.

Footy - Yes
NRL - Yes
Cricket - Sort of but didn't pay for Ashes content
Soccer - Nothing, nada
Motor Racing - Yes

They seem to be pivoting completely away from soccer and potentially from cricket for whatever reason and still increasing our subscriptions.

They seem to be pivoting completely away from soccer and potentially from cricket for whatever reason and still increasing our subscriptions.
Wankers ............................ everybody should pull their subscriptions hit em where it hurts.

Footy - Yes
NRL - Yes
Cricket - Sort of but didn't pay for Ashes content
Soccer - Nothing, nada
Motor Racing - Yes

They’ve always been all over the shop. And for years their P&L’s have supported that dysfunction. More importantly, we get absolutely reamed and ripped off in this country for totally sub standard pay tv services v other countries, and what they pay and get. Anyway, that’s another story.

This latest fiasco where they’ve removed the BeIn channels is laughable. I just read how some fwit spokesperson said yes we’re removing those channels but don’t forget we’ve added Paramount, Disney and Optus access. What ? WTF is he talking about? Anyone can get “access” through their SMART TV or an Apple Box or similar. And you pay extra for that access to those external streaming providers you idiot !!

They reckon since Foxtel lost the EPL rights to Optus and now that BeIn has lost La Liga and the UEFA games as well, that they’ve lost the appetite for football and BeIn in general. Yet as you point out, we keep getting charged more.

Geez Foxtel sucks. Makes complete sense Murdoch is behind it.

Anyway, I need you or someone else to work out whether I should dump my Foxtel Platinum I have running in 2 locations - one for me and one for Snuppers in her tv room (she doesn’t watch sports) - in favour of a different non sports Foxtel package in each room and me just getting the sports stuff off Kayo.

My abacus is working on other matters. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have high hopes for Villa this season. The top 5 so hard to break in to....

Sam Kerr starting on the bench according to the selected squads. Could be another ruse though.

I see the logic of starting with the same 11. They are playing well and have got the results. Bringing on Kerr, the wrolds best striker, off the bench is a luxury few teams have and will stress the french.

But if she's 100% fit, how does any team in the world consider playing their Captain, best player and talisman off the bench in a WC Quarter Final? Does make much sense.

If her calf has healed, I'd play from the start. If it's still a risk, then use her if needed, or we're home and hosed.
Who does she play for?

2 knees and a 5-1 loss in one week for Villa. Great start. *smile* me....

Scouser BIL still thinks Ange will be gone within 6 weeks especially now they sold Kane.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users