PRE Pundits 2024 Top 30 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Pundits 2024 Top 30

Saying that it's pointless picking a top 30 because it's so obvious or everybody agrees is like saying it's pointless betting on races becasue the favourite will just win.

The market is always wrong. It's ok for us to be right once in a while. And here's our chance!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Something like this would be good

1-Lalor
6-Tauru
10-Berry
11-Lindsay
18-Hynes
20-Ough
23-Dattoli
24-Gerreyn

Reactions: 1 user
Saying that it's pointless picking a top 30 because it's so obvious or everybody agrees is like saying it's pointless betting on races becasue the favourite will just win.

The market is always wrong. It's ok for us to be right once in a while. And here's our chance!
Not if you like 5 horses or bet each way.

Rankings and phantoms are meaningless.

I'm going this way. 1st cut. Reserve right to add, amend, whatever.

Locks
Jagga
FOS
Draper
Ashcroft
Trainor (could be in the risk category because of concussions)
Tauru
Travaglia
Lombard

Can definitely play but early pick risks.
Lalor
Smillie
Reid
Armstrong
Langford (close to being a lock)
Hotton

Value Players
Allan
Hannaford
Lindsay
Dodson
Dattoli
Berry
Ough (at 35 plus)
Welsh
Hynes
Faull (at 25 plus)
Nicholls

Hard to Rate - maybe's - in the frame - damned if I know
Sims
J Whitlock
M Whitlock

Smokies - around pick 30 onwards to rookies
Gerreyn
Oliver
O'Farrell
Clarke
Burmeister
Dennis
Jacques
Charleson
Boxshall
Ivisic

Scrappers - happy to pass
Davis
Camporeale's
Gross
Moraes
Urquhart
Davidson
Hoffman
Marshall

Overrated Players - happy to pass
Shanahan
Champion
Cole
Sulzberger
Kako (might be a bit risky)

Reactions: 9 users
Not if you like 5 horses or bet each way.
Let's be frank here, it's a lot of work. I'm trying to get out of it too. Or I was. Now I've done a lot of it.

And I'm pushing Hotton and Lindsay up. And Tauru and Armstrong down.

Although I have no knowledge, my dream outcome would be the following:

1. O'Sullivan
6. Lalor/Smith/Draper
10. Reid
11. Berry
18. Lindsay
20. Faull
23. Dattoli
24. Gerreyn (would try to trade down as he's unlikely to be picked this early?)

Last edited:
We have some good judges on here that watch a lot of junior footy @spook @bengal tigers @Scoop among many others - even between naps at the games @Redford picks the odd useful tidbit. So to alleviate the boredom that is trade week everyone who wants can collate their top 30 for this draft, post below and discuss.

Not a prediction of who will to which club (including us), just purely who you rank as the best 30 players from this draft.

Bit of fun and good to look back on in years to come as well to show how far ahead of Bifoclesford Leysy is (again).

Pick out the splinters and Go!
Do we do a seperate thread for the Tiger's picks, Leysy? Or do we do them both here?

Do we do a seperate thread for the Tiger's picks, Leysy? Or do we do them both here?

Just re-name this thread, way too many separate threads going on, time to narrow it down as it is all about who we take with our picks, or what you do as Blair now on draft night, 'Get Your Draft Hat On, Who Do We Pick'