OFFICIAL LID OFF THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

OFFICIAL LID OFF THREAD

The last eighteen months has shown that anything is possible at Tigerland, from flaky failure to barnstorming blitzkrieg.

As Dimma's been constantly banging on, " Our best is good enough to beat anyone " Bugger the lid, don't need one, I'm just gunna kick back n enjoy the ride over the next few seasons. Reckon there's gunna be a hell of a lot more fun than the last thirty years have brought us.

Tames said:
Last time the lid was off, I was 8 years old watching an almost bald headed KB with a shocking comb over running around.

Now I'm bald headed and still waiting. :(

I was twelve and boy did I have a nice head of hair then. Now, not so much. :hihi

Sintiger said:
Even if we win the last 5 top 4 will be decided by Geelong v Sydney next week. Go Cats

Don't forget the Swans v Giants game in a few weeks.
No-one would be surprised if the Giants got up.

poppa x said:
Don't forget the Swans v Giants game in a few weeks.
No-one would be surprised if the Giants got up.
Yes , they could drop that one as well

All we can do now is win our last 5. Of course the Hawks could drop a couple as well. Will look very interesting if they lose next week in Perth and we beat the crows.

Total Tiger said:
Lid firmly in place. We are not going to finish top 4. We have to gain a game on Sydney or Hawthorn. Sydney have a pretty soft draw remaining and should win all 5 remaining games comfortably. Hawthorn have the Eagles in Perth and then the rest is soft but their percentage is so superior to ours that really we need to gain 2 games on them and I just can't see that happening. Makes losses like the Melbourne and North ones so infuriating
With last night's draw we could even have WCE in our sights. If Hawthorn, Freo and Adelaide beat them a qualifying final vs Hawthorn at the G beckons.

Tames said:
Last time the lid was off, I was 8 years old watching an almost bald headed KB with a shocking comb over running around.

Now I'm bald headed and still waiting. :(

:hihi :hihi

Lid's off for me - I reckon we're in for a golden period.

I've never believed that just because GC and GWS got the scoop in first round talent over a few years means they're certainties. You have to build for a premiership these days - culture not just a playing list. It's what we have over the expansion clubs and it's what we'll use to dominate them over the next 5 years. As for the rest - only Collingwood and West Coast worry me.

Lid is nowhere in sight. Just like a good fringe.

Yep... buy in all the talent you want, if you can't build a good team culture then it means nothing.

Dimma and the Richmond FC have done it the hard way - the honest way - the Richmond Way.

FitenFitenWin said:
:hihi :hihi

Lid's off for me - I reckon we're in for a golden period.

I've never believed that just because GC and GWS got the scoop in first round talent over a few years means they're certainties. You have to build for a premiership these days - culture not just a playing list. It's what we have over the expansion clubs and it's what we'll use to dominate them over the next 5 years. As for the rest - only Collingwood and West Coast worry me.

Lid is nowhere in sight. Just like a good fringe.

I think

Port
Dogs

will be very good.

I think Dees and saints could be very good as well in 2 or 3 years or so

we just handed the lid to the doggies - they will get all the attention this week which is great for us.

Well folks - my lid is off, I am really enjoying the run, confident if we turn up to play and play to our strengths, we can beat any team (not saying we will but if all goes right we have the team than can do it)

Sit back, and let the boys play - I don't care where we finish on the ladder (as long as it is in the 8). I think the thing that will make it hard for any team is if they have to travel to Perth twice to play finals - otherwise let the fun begin.

Reality check: We just beat Hawthorn and dropped to 6th on the ladder...

Be patient everyone, only a premiership is good enough to make us happy, not reaching the great heights of 6th on the ladder lol.

year of the tiger said:
we just handed the lid to the doggies - they will get all the attention this week which is great for us.

I like the thought - but who did they beat?

An Essendon rabble who have a coach who can't - and looks like he doesn't give a *smile*, and bunch of players who the same coach has put through hell for four years and it's still not over. I almost feel sorry for them. :hihi

Well folks - my lid is off, I am really enjoying the run, confident if we turn up to play and play to our strengths, we can beat any team (not saying we will but if all goes right we have the team than can do it)

Sit back, and let the boys play - I don't care where we finish on the ladder (as long as it is in the 8). I think the thing that will make it hard for any team is if they have to travel to Perth twice to play finals - otherwise let the fun begin.

iYcZz.gif

We are sixth on the ladder, havent won a final in years and the lid's off?

Again?

toby64 said:
We are sixth on the ladder, havent won a final in years and the lid's off?

Again?
This might be all you get before it all turns to *smile* again, who knows. Better to kick back n savour the little tasties as the come past, rather than spurning everything waiting for some grand finale that possibly may never occur.