NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

Stare of origin tackles...the tackler(s) is/are facing the ball carrier, they can tackle around the neck, trip them up, take them to ground but no concussions, probably bc it is all happening at a slower speed. Only tackle they can't do is a spear tackle driving their head into the turf.
What can we learn for AFL?

How big a cat is Luai. Honestly that guy is the biggest cheap shot artist in League. Cant have him.

Reactions: 1 user
Fantastic game. Super tough.
Just shows how stupid AFL are who want constant scoring...far better to have a genuine tough skilled arm wrestle.
Am happy with NRL tackling...so brave and tough. Anywhere below the shoulders is fine..legs are fine...this is another thing AFL could learn.
Fantastic game.

Reactions: 1 users
Fantastic game. Super tough.
Just shows how stupid AFL are who want constant scoring...far better to have a genuine tough skilled arm wrestle.
Am happy with NRL tackling...so brave and tough. Anywhere below the shoulders is fine..legs are fine...this is another thing AFL could learn.
Fantastic game.
Lot of talk on the radio tonight about the state of Australian Rules. Too compromised, too convoluted, confused, conflicted. Run by lawyers and on the fly. Then the reference to NRL was made and how much easier it is to consume, as you point out.

Reactions: 1 users
PS...dont get me started...oh too late...One referee only with line ref support!. Vastly better than the whistle blowing hysteria of 4 AFL umpires.
Captains talk with the ref..but he has the final say....none of the pathetic "dont touch me or speak to me" AFL rubbish.

This is a pretty ordinary QLD Team.

Game 1 papered over some cracks with the send off of Sualii and the Blues still making a game of it with a man down for the whole game was the red flag for the Maroons, they didnt and then Game 2 happened.

Blues showed their class and metal in Game 2 and have brought it tonight. Moses has been the major difference for the Blues.

The reffing again has favored the Blues as it always seems to, but the Maroons have been horrendous at handing the ball back to the Blues all night especially in attacking positions with dumb mistakes rushed, offloads and DCR having a mare running at least 4 QLD attacks with bad errors and gettingt tackled taking too long to pass.

Grant has had a dead set mare of a series and the injuries to the QLD forwards have really hurt them.

Flegler, Arrow, Tino and Fifitas non selection hurt the Maroons as well as the injuries to Coates who would've had the match up on Lomax.

Moses has killed them and led the Blues to the promised land. Leniu, Angus Crichton and Edwards been massive for the Blues.

Billy tried to go small and mobile and its backfired. Bringing Ponga in instead of Fifita was a mistake, or even debuting Loero

Also needed the height of Cobbo on the other side of the field to counter Lomax on the high balls.

This series loss will ring in a new era for the Maroons.

Tough game. QLD just couldn’t keep up the defence . Brutal.
Ordinary QLD side.

Missing too many premier forwards.

Cotter is a edge second rower in the same vain as Angus Crighton for the Blues not a Prop.

Maroons missed big Tino and Flegler their 2 best props and also Jai Arrow, they also couldve picked Fifita but didnt and also really missed Coates to match up on Lomax.

Munster missing is cancelled out by Cleary missing for the Blues.

Moses was clinical and led the Blues very very well.

Harry Grant and DCE had mares this series.

Maroons gotta find their next HB, I dont exactly know who thats going to be either.

Ponga continued his ineffectual run in a Maroons jersey with him costing the Blues try to Best by sitting off and not pushing across straight away to get the extra number by the time he did react it was too late and you aint stopping a guy like Best once hes in sight of the try line.

Maroons errors and their ability to maintain hold of the footy when in attacking positions cost them this game, they needed to get the points on in the first half and at the start of the second half as their smaller side was tiring from all the defence.

Out played ................. Boils my Pisss just another disapointment for a year thats been sheizenhausen.

Lot of high round arms in this game, mostly by NSW.
NSW got a nice massage from the refs again as always, but the Blues outplayed the Toads for most of the series.,

Moses killed em.

Maroons spine fairly ineffectual after game 1 which was misnomer following the send off.

. Might have had a bit to do with the fact they didn't have enough quality Forwards to play behind.

NRL happy and Channel 9 ecstatic the Blues won heh heh heh.

Bring on next year.

Stare of origin tackles...the tackler(s) is/are facing the ball carrier, they can tackle around the neck, trip them up, take them to ground but no concussions, probably bc it is all happening at a slower speed. Only tackle they can't do is a spear tackle driving their head into the turf.
What can we learn for AFL?
The AFL is F@#$^@d..........................:))

Ordinary QLD side.

Missing too many premier forwards.

Cotter is a edge second rower in the same vain as Angus Crighton for the Blues not a Prop.

Maroons missed big Tino and Flegler their 2 best props and also Jai Arrow, they also couldve picked Fifita but didnt and also really missed Coates to match up on Lomax.

Munster missing is cancelled out by Cleary missing for the Blues.

Moses was clinical and led the Blues very very well.

Harry Grant and DCE had mares this series.

Maroons gotta find their next HB, I dont exactly know who thats going to be either.

Ponga continued his ineffectual run in a Maroons jersey with him costing the Blues try to Best by sitting off and not pushing across straight away to get the extra number by the time he did react it was too late and you aint stopping a guy like Best once hes in sight of the try line.

Maroons errors and their ability to maintain hold of the footy when in attacking positions cost them this game, they needed to get the points on in the first half and at the start of the second half as their smaller side was tiring from all the defence.

Out played ................. Boils my Pisss just another disapointment for a year thats been sheizenhausen.
Ponga was good when he came on, got Queensland back in it, disagree on the bagging, he's a gun. Agree on Munster/ Cleary call.

It had the makings of a classic QLD win, hang in with G&D when being beaten in play, then strike when they start to tire. Not this time, NSW too good, I can't remember such an intense defensive battle lasting that long in a game, no tries for 3 quarters. Great game.

That was all on Gagai pissweak tackle effort.

Gagai & Holmes next to useless this game. Cobbo as well.

Best team won.

Ponga was good when he came on, got Queensland back in it, disagree on the bagging, he's a gun. Agree on Munster/ Cleary call.

It had the makings of a classic QLD win, hang in with G&D when being beaten in play, then strike when they start to tire. Not this time, NSW too good, I can't remember such an intense defensive battle lasting that long in a game, no tries for 3 quarters. Great game.
Disagree on Ponga. Small and ineffectual. Shouldn't have been picked IMO.

Agree on great game ultimately the better team won the series.

NSW got a nice massage from the refs again as always, but the Blues outplayed the Toads for most of the series.,
Ha ha. QLD had won the penalty count in 50 of the last 60 Brisbane SOO games. Refs actually let QLD spend too long in the tackle in the first 10 minutes, couldn't believe he was so lenient on them.