Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Keep him forward. We desperately need a Key Forward. Balta is that player.
Yep. Miller is showing some real incremental improvement the more he plays. Blight showed plenty. Both have great athletic profiles for the KD position.

Balta will get better the more he plays forward, he is clearly our best KF option.

Reactions: 7 users
Think you are correct but if he goes back, can we fit blight in and who plays forward?
Basically we are between a rock and hard place with Balta. Not many can play in defence, ruck and forward. I prefer to see him in defence but accept that we need his game in our forwards right now. Blight is only just starting his career in AFL as a defender so keep him there for now and not try to change him

Basically we are between a rock and hard place with Balta. Not many can play in defence, ruck and forward. I prefer to see him in defence but accept that we need his game in our forwards right now. Blight is only just starting his career in AFL as a defender so keep him there for now and not try to change him

Balta is clearly our best bet in attack.

The fact that we see him as primarily KPD is probably because he is an outstanding talent and has played most of his football in defence.

Needs to play forward.

Koschitzke did ok, possibly his best game. Gray also played very well in the 2’s. Time for him to come in, possibly for Dusty.

Balta is clearly our best bet in attack.

The fact that we see him as primarily KPD is probably because he is an outstanding talent and has played most of his football in defence.

Needs to play forward.

Koschitzke did ok, possibly his best game. Gray also played very well in the 2’s. Time for him to come in, possibly for Dusty.
Good to know that Gray is showing his talent in that last two VFL games so maybe it would be good to see him progress on the big stage. Mind you we have a similar forward with potential in Bauer who we seem to b trying to retread him into a defender

Reactions: 1 user
Good to know that Gray is showing his talent in that last two VFL games so maybe it would be good to see him progress on the big stage. Mind you we have a similar forward with potential in Bauer who we seem to b trying to retread him into a defender
Bauer won two games earlier with kicks after the siren. Came through some pretty significant obstacles to be selected.
Love his attack on the ball. Got a bit of Lefau about him.
I had him in my team this week playing forward. Love to see him there soon.
Gray too.

Thought Balta was good considering the opposition, such an athletic freak that his always going to impact games no matter where he plays . Though I still think he’s our best key defender , can understand why Yze wants him forward as there is no other options outside of lynch . If he plays forward I’d like to see him pinch hit in the ruck .

For the future I’m still lock him in as a key defender as his our best and arguably our best player in his best position and build the team from there .

Reactions: 3 users
Thought Balta was good considering the opposition, such an athletic freak that his always going to impact games no matter where he plays . Though I still think he’s our best key defender , can understand why Yze wants him forward as there is no other options outside of lynch . If he plays forward I’d like to see him pinch hit in the ruck .

For the future I’m still lock him in as a key defender as his our best and arguably our best player in his best position and build the team from there .
I reckon the PCL injury in the Sydney game put paid to any rucking, at least this year. Unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
Bauer won two games earlier with kicks after the siren. Came through some pretty significant obstacles to be selected.
Love his attack on the ball. Got a bit of Lefau about him.
I had him in my team this week playing forward. Love to see him there soon.
Gray too.
Bauer injured again by the looks and playing back. Gray will get a look in first I'd say.

Thought his game was OK. No contested marks or ball, 1 tackle, 4 score involvements, no assists. We're sacrificing his potential input to play forward.

Question is, Balta taking the attention of a good backman, did that help Kosi who had a ripper game. 2 goals, 3 goal assists, 7 score involvements 3 contested marks, 6 contested possie, 2 clearances & 5 hitouts.

Need to take into the combined output. We're stuck a bit. Blight is not Balta, who is our intercept king. We were smashed defensively in the 2nd half. Balta stops a few of those balls coming to ground. Our dilemma remains. We have no top quality key forwards. And not enough in quality crumbers. The Sonsie's, Graham's, Mansell's aren't the answer.

Last edited:
All I know is we need to sign him up asap, uncontracted at the end of next year, every other club will be in his ear.

Thought his game was OK. No contested marks or ball, 1 tackle, 4 score involvements, no assists. We're sacrificing his potential input to play forward.

Question is, Balta taking the attention of a good backman, did that help Kosi who had a ripper game. 2 goals, 3 goal assists, 7 score involvements 3 contested marks, 6 contested possie, 2 clearances & 5 hitouts.

Need to take into the combined output. We're stuck a bit. Blight is not Balta, who is our intercept king. We were smashed defensively in the 2nd half. Balta stops a few of those balls coming to ground. Our dilemma remains. We have no top equity key forwards. And not enough in quality crumbers. The Sonsie's, Graham's, Mansell's aren't the answer.
My biggest question re Balta forward has always been not his individual impact but his impact on the entire forward line . When he was experimented a couple of pre seasons ago , he was constantly getting in Jack or Lynch’s away , no doubt playing forward would improve his forward craft , however I’m far from convinced he has the forward craft an nous to make the entire forward half better and yes some times the unpredictable forward can be great .

It’s actually a bigger problem in my eyes , the small forward , very ordinary bunch , I’d have to say Nigel is our best , yet is a poor converter and like the rest of them , just dosent have the drop of the ball nous required , MJ massive improver until injured but again poor disposal, Sonsie well he just isn’t a small forward , Cumbo well I don’t think he’s in our future thinking , however is the only small who consistently gets to the drop of the ball instead of worrying about where his *smile* opponent is , Clarke looked ok in this role , however 2 acls dosent help the agility a small needs .

There was a play yesterday 30 out from goal and the ball spilled out the back of the pack , 3 Carlton players stopped and checked the result of the 6th at Qurindi before one of our crumbers got to the ball , not sure what’s available out there , but we need a genuine small forward , Nigel and MJ are not the answer .

Reactions: 2 users
My biggest question re Balta forward has always been not his individual impact but his impact on the entire forward line . When he was experimented a couple of pre seasons ago , he was constantly getting in Jack or Lynch’s away , no doubt playing forward would improve his forward craft , however I’m far from convinced he has the forward craft an nous to make the entire forward half better and yes some times the unpredictable forward can be great .

It’s actually a bigger problem in my eyes , the small forward , very ordinary bunch , I’d have to say Nigel is our best , yet is a poor converter and like the rest of them , just dosent have the drop of the ball nous required , MJ massive improver until injured but again poor disposal, Sonsie well he just isn’t a small forward , Cumbo well I don’t think he’s in our future thinking , however is the only small who consistently gets to the drop of the ball instead of worrying about where his *smile* opponent is , Clarke looked ok in this role , however 2 acls dosent help the agility a small needs .

There was a play yesterday 30 out from goal and the ball spilled out the back of the pack , 3 Carlton players stopped and checked the result of the 6th at Qurindi before one of our crumbers got to the ball , not sure what’s available out there , but we need a genuine small forward , Nigel and MJ are not the answer .
Who won the 6th?

• Haha

Need to take into the combined output. We're stuck a bit. Blight is not Balta, who is our intercept king. We were smashed defensively in the 2nd half. Balta stops a few of those balls coming to ground. Our dilemma remains. We have no top quality key forwards. And not enough in quality crumbers. The Sonsie's, Graham's, Mansell's aren't the answer.
The long term view is Gibcus could well be Balta if he can stay fit.

We are losing games and getting caught up in it. We need to accept the year for what it is and keep the eye firmly on the longer term.

Get a full season out of Lynch partner him with Balta and then we have options to play Gray Bauer Lefau as third tall options.
Imo we should be playing a third tall if for no other reason than development.

Forgetting Balta on the Balta thread , it is an interesting potential forward line we have and all unproven outside of one of our great key forward in Lynch .

As wa said Gray, Lefau, Bauer and the Tap all have talent and could well provide an adequate forward half , Gray, Bauer and Lefau all are super aggressive in the air and will always provide a contest as well as been good for big blokes on the deck . I’d love to get Sims this year in the draft , however heading into next year I’m hoping Kozi can continue to grow and I’m leaning towards building Gibbo up to be a forward in 2026 .

Brightside outlook