NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Another situation where a team with a lead plays pretty soft coverage and allows the opposition to make easy ground.

Steelers & Cowboys not looking like serious contenders

It is driving me bonkers.

When will a coach wake up and adopt normal defensive tactics?

Reactions: 1 user
Sack Tomlin, I and most have been calling out for a long time. This is a bit like Kenny and Port.

Very odd that he used that final time out when he did.

Made it impossible to respond with a score.

Just on the Steelers, pretty unlucky to lose that game

The defender who dived over the defensive line at 2nd and goal to dislodge the ball from the Dallas running back was one of the great defensive plays.

Ball could have gone anywhere. Just happened to fall near Dak who fell on it and averted disaster.

If Steelers recover it she’s all over.

The defender who dived over the defensive line at 2nd and goal to dislodge the ball from the Dallas running back was one of the great defensive plays.

Ball could have gone anywhere. Just happened to fall near Dak who fell on it and averted disaster.

Yep, but at 4th & goal, they zigged and we zagged letting Tolbert run loosely to score a TD. We still had 20 secs left and were too weak to get a 1st down, score a FG and go to O/T. Fields had the ball but Pickens and Freiermuth just stood waiting for the ball instead of running into the middle hole to get a catch and run.

Last edited:
The amount of strategic stupidity that goes on in the NFL is staggering. Despite all the bazillion of dollars, infinitum amount of coaches and analysis, the decision making is still deplorable.

Texans.20-20 with the Dills. 44 seconds left in the last quarter. 3rd and 5 at the 39 yard line. All you have to do is run the ball for a few extra yards. Run the clock down. FG. Win the game. Simple.

But no. The Texans throw the ball on 3 and 5 instead and incur a 10 yard penalty for intentional grounding. Now they're out of FG range and have to punt.

WTF ??

They dodge a bullet and win, (with a 59 yard FG no less), but seriously, what the hell were they thinking ??!

The amount of strategic stupidity that goes on in the NFL is staggering. Despite all the bazillion of dollars, infinitum amount of coaches and analysis, the decision making is still deplorable.

Texans.20-20 with the Dills. 44 seconds left in the last quarter. 3rd and 5 at the 39 yard line. All you have to do is run the ball for a few extra yards. Run the clock down. FG. Win the game. Simple.

But no. The Texans throw the ball on 3 and 5 instead and incur a 10 yard penalty for intentional grounding. Now they're out of FG range and have to punt.

WTF ??

They dodge a bullet and win, (with a 59 yard FG no less), but seriously, what the hell were they thinking ??!
Agree. The habit of wanting to score a TD. Luckily they scored the later FG while 59 yards out.

Mahomes is a superstar, but his playing style is greatly assisted by the modern rules protecting the QB. He is able to generate something out of nothing, and I reckon part is because players are reluctant to try and iron him out. All QB's are similar, there is less fear of getting hurt so they can sit in pocket longer, run the ball more etc.

Mahomes must frustrate the hell out of defences with his ability to make something out of nothing on 3rd down.

The Steelers were lucky to be in that game for so long. Ref’s errors and Dallas turnovers kept them in the game.

The Steelers were lucky to be in that game for so long. Ref’s errors and Dallas turnovers kept them in the game.

I could easily argue Steelers did well to force turnovers and Dallas were lucky to still be in with a chance to win in the final minute.

That’s the beauty of the NFL, it’s highly unpredictable, anything can happen.

My post was more about the defensive play on 2nd and goal. It was a fantastic piece of play.

NFL line tipping is so freaking hard. Lot of luck comes into play.

But I love it anyway. Anything can happen.
I guess I can understand how those who don't know the game think it's hard. For us experts though.............

Anyway, where are the review and the ladder Mopsy??? :mhihi

• Haha
Apologies for the delayed posting of the leaderboard tipsters.

Week 5 is now run and done, and it is with great pleasure I doff me lid to FOUR punters for some outstanding tipping!
T-Shirt Tommy, TigerForce, JoMamma and RoarEmotion all secured themselves bonus points in the first set of games! A mighty fine effort lads!

TST now finds himself one point clear at the top of the leaderboard, with Ridley running a close second. Forcey, JoM and The Jube not far behind at all.
At the other end of the ladder we have last years winner and runner-up languishing in last and second last place. But they are too good to stay down there forever!!
Self nominated pre season favourite Redford finds himself in 3rd last place. Needs to lift big time if he wants to challenge!! Perhaps he just wants this trophy too much, and the weight of expectation is proving to be his undoing? Hmmmmm.

T-Shirt Tommy (3+1) (1) 18
Ridley (2) (2) 17
TigerForce (3+1) (2) 16
JoMamma (3+1) (1) 14
marella jube (2) (1) 14
mainlandy (2) (2) 12
RoarEmotion (3+1) (1) 12
Redford (1) (2) 11
MD Jazz (2) (0) 10
Mopsy (2) (1) 9

Our old mate Ricemagic didn't submit his tips this week. Not sure what's going on there. He is on 9 currently so hopefully he is back with us next week.

Next week we once again have a London game, so we will tip on 2 sets of matches.
Same again the following week, before the schedule returns to normal in week 8. Looking ahead there won't be any opportunities to tip twice until Thanksgiving, so make these next couple of weeks count peeps!

Week 6 games will be posted on Friday around 9am.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess I can understand how those who don't know the game think it's hard. For us experts though.............

Anyway, where are the review and the ladder Mopsy??? :mhihi

As you wish. Some mighty fast typing there eh !!

Heh heh heh the NY Jest being the NY Jest.

Again. As always.
Salah from all reports was going to fire offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett (who was only hired on the request of Rodgers). Rogers got a hold of the news and then got Salah fired before Salah could do anything.

What a joke of a franchise.

Week 6 is upon us, already a third of the way through the season. Time flies when you're having fun!

Jacksonville Jaguars (+1.5) v Chicago Bears (-1.5) London game. 12:30am Monday Oct 14th (Fox)
Washington Commanders (+6.5) @ Baltimore Ravens (-6.5) 4am Monday Oct 14th (Fox)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3.5) @ New Orleans Saints (+3.5) 4am Monday Oct 14th (7mate)

Detroit Lions (-3.5) @ Dallas Cowboys (+3.5) 7:25am Monday Oct 14th (Fox)
Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) @ New York Giants (+3.5) 11:20am Monday Oct 14th (Fox)
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) @ New York Jets (+2.5) 11:15am Tuesday Oct 15th (Fox)

Tips to be submitted by 12:30am Monday