New Generation of Supporter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Generation of Supporter

My nearly 3 year old has plenty of merchandise but still hasn't made the link to that strange thing on TV that his father watches every now and again. He does love his dancing though so with "Tigerland" on repeat, he did invent a new little jig for the song along with some Tiger growling in between.

It's going to be a hard slog seeing we're not in Australia but it'll be worth the effort.

My nephew born into a Collingwood family, adopted Geelong as his team aged 4. Aged 8 has decided to switch to Richmond because he likes the colours and the animal. :clap We are alive and kickin' in the junior ranks. ;D

Been fighting the battle all year with the 2 youngest kids, who were trying to defect to Bulldogs or Saints. Suddenly all the gear is out of the toy box and smiles all round. Even better for the eldest who knoes and loves the Tigers but has been suffering this year.

Yellow and Black!!

got 3 boys aged 6 4 2 , my father outlaw has been annoyingly tried to convert them into blues supporters,, but the boys wont budge , dont worry about the magpie army , when this great club becomes a power again . eddie wont be getting his blockbusters at the g anymore. the tiger army isa comin!!!!!

funky said:
got 3 boys aged 6 4 2 , my father outlaw has been annoyingly tried to convert them into blues supporters,, but the boys wont budge , dont worry about the magpie army , when this great club becomes a power again . eddie wont be getting his blockbusters at the g anymore. the tiger army isa comin!!!!!
Sounds like you've got your boys sorted out Funky. They must be a great little troop. :clap
ps, get them to tell their grandad they don't want to be known as "cheats". They'd rather a team that earns success the hard way. ;D

willo said:
Sounds like you've got your boys sorted out Funky. They must be a great little troop. :clap
ps, get them to tell their grandad they don't want to be known as "cheats". They'd rather a team that earns success the hard way. ;D
cheers willo.

Watched the game on Fox with my Dad and my 7 week old son. His first win - he was pumped with the Tiges finally securing 4 points for him, in fact it moved him to tears....often!

The tooth said:
Watched the game on Fox with my Dad and my 7 week old son. His first win - he was pumped with the Tiges finally securing 4 points for him, in fact it moved him to tears....often!
Your father or your son.

my son is ten..a member,with reserve seat for each home game..loves meeting up with the same kid each week...his new hero is reiwoldt who he reckons is better than both richo the other weiwoldt who play,s for the rotten saints

My three are 4, 3 and a couple of months. My 4 year old has the theme song from You tube saved in favourites and plays it over and over trying to learn the words. Hopefully in a few years they'll see the success I saw when I was around 8 or 9 but equally hopefully, they'll see it for longer than I got to.

My Tiger cub is almost 5 months old and he was also moved to tears with the boys first win this year. Actually he was so estatic he *smile* himself :-X!!

To hark back to the Dawks game I was so excited that day that I lost my voice and did not recover it until the Thursday and I did not even have a beer at the game that day. It was just exciting to see the boys put 4 quarters of tough football together which is excatly what they put together again on the weekend. That is the first building block.

tigerman said:
Good on you RT

I can imagine how you felt.
Just to make sure you could read him a few pages of "The History of the Richmond Football Club" each night ;)

Best you finish the book at 1983 and kiss them goodnight. Get's a bit scary for the kids after this.

The tooth said:

Jeez I was almost moved to tears seeing and hearing the song after the game!!! And reading this thread too, WOW. My son is 13months old and has Tigers stuff, but have been worried what he will have to put up with, much like I have for the past 28years!
It was awesome listening to these stories, a BIG BIG thank you to all!

My son's first game of his life (5 days old) was also a win but there hasn't been much since.

Tenacious Tiges said:
My Tiger cub is almost 5 months old and he was also moved to tears with the boys first win this year. Actually he was so estatic he sh!t himself :-X!!

To hark back to the Dawks game I was so excited that day that I lost my voice and did not recover it until the Thursday and I did not even have a beer at the game that day. It was just exciting to see the boys put 4 quarters of tough football together which is excatly what they put together again on the weekend. That is the first building block.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Gezz Tenacious, I've got tears running down my face laughing. my wife asked what was the matter with me. :rofl
I had to read your post to her, she was in fits.

RemoteTiger said:
There is a spark - the Richmond Tiger DNA lives.

For the second night in a row I tucked my 7yo son into bed cuddling his large toy Tiger.

He said "when I grow up Dad I'm gunna play just like Tucky!"

I said "what about Cotchin" - he replied "Yeah him too and Martin and Lids, I wanna be just like them!"

Choking back the tears I kissed him goodnight.

A new army is emerging, they will be there when the Tiger roars again - they will be there when we hand over the baton - all is not lost.

The power of one win. In the hearts and minds of our young.

Thanks Tigers

Im buying a dog this year and will be calling him RICHHOOOOOO!!!!

RemoteTiger said:
There is a spark - the Richmond Tiger DNA lives.

For the second night in a row I tucked my 7yo son into bed cuddling his large toy Tiger.

He said "when I grow up Dad I'm gunna play just like Tucky!"

I said "what about Cotchin" - he replied "Yeah him too and Martin and Lids, I wanna be just like them!"

Choking back the tears I kissed him goodnight.

A new army is emerging, they will be there when the Tiger roars again - they will be there when we hand over the baton - all is not lost.

The power of one win. In the hearts and minds of our young.

Thanks Tigers
What a smart kid you've got RT. Puts a few other supposed supporters to shame ;)

Great story! :clap