New Generation of Supporter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Generation of Supporter

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
There is a spark - the Richmond Tiger DNA lives.

For the second night in a row I tucked my 7yo son into bed cuddling his large toy Tiger.

He said "when I grow up Dad I'm gunna play just like Tucky!"

I said "what about Cotchin" - he replied "Yeah him too and Martin and Lids, I wanna be just like them!"

Choking back the tears I kissed him goodnight.

A new army is emerging, they will be there when the Tiger roars again - they will be there when we hand over the baton - all is not lost.

The power of one win. In the hearts and minds of our young.

Thanks Tigers

My baby cousin was born yesterday about 2 hours before the game, and 2 weeks premature.. his 2 brothers are Tiger supporters so it was an omen.. he was dying to get out and see the richmond win!

Good on you RT

I can imagine how you felt.
Just to make sure you could read him a few pages of "The History of the Richmond Football Club" each night ;)

RemoteTiger said:

For the second night in a row I tucked my 7yo son into bed cuddling his large toy Tiger.

I said "what about Cotchin" - he replied "Yeah him too and Martin and Lids, I wanna be just like them!"

A new army is emerging, they will be there when the Tiger roars again - they will be there when we hand over the baton - all is not lost.

Thanks Tigers

Faith restored with my newhews too mate, funny how one win can change a few things so quickly.

My 2 boys love Richmond more now than 2 years ago. But today my little girl made me really happy.
She dropped off this year and has only been to one game, but today she was looking on fox to find the replay and abusing me why l did not tape the game.
She's back and ready to rock Friday night... But l could not break her heart and tell her we will not win against St.Kilda. Told her to enjoy this weeks win..

B2

Rt, my 4 boys will be part of that new army!

The oldest is also 7 and he was so excited watching yesterday it made me even happier ( if that could be possible after that win)

thanks Richmond, we love you long time!

Great thread. My 6yo lad has been running around the house today saying "I told you so" to everyone because he tips us every week no matter what. He also made me play the youtube link of the theme song about 5 times.

Go Tiges!

My 8 year old boy ran up to me when I got home from work today and told me that he has worked it out and he will be playing alongside Martin and Jack at Richmond when he is drafted.

Although despite the odd tantrum when we lose playing for Richmond is his intended goal and has been since he first picked up a footy.

The game against the Hawks I was at home watching it with my 2 kids both aged 5. They were decked out in their Tigers gear. Even though we just lost they still didnt care as they made me go to the park to kick the footy so that they could show off their Tigers jumpers.

Mmmmm..... My 2 year old daughter cracked it on Sunday when I wanted to watch the footy shows instead of Play School.

I guess there is time.

I've been brainwashing my children for years.....with not much enthusiasm from them, but on Saturday arvo my 8 yo son impromptly got his Tiger's flag out and was waving it whilst I was watching the game. :spin I've bought him a new tiger's jumper too.

The club is alive and kicking.
My little boy started auskick this year and we still have as many jumpers on kids back as the other big 3 clubs.
The worm will turn.

Tigermad2005 said:
The club is alive and kicking.
My little boy started auskick this year and we still have as many jumpers on kids back as the other big 3 clubs.
The worm will turn.

Agree with you there Mad Tiger - down at junior footy (eastern suburbs) there are plenty of Tiger jumpers....

Oh we will be back....and we will be bigger than ever! (mad laughter fading out).

My 2yr old girl loves her Tiger puppet/toy... gives him big hugs and carries him off to bed each night.
I havent pushed her to the Tigers, apart from singing her to sleep... "♫ Oh we're from Tigerland..."

My two girls were singing the song all weekend long, especially everytime they showed it on tv. Also at the school my friend's kids go to, if your team wins on the weekend, you can wear your footy jumper to school on Monday.....needless to say her kids are beside themselves today as they finally get to wear their tiger jumpers to school. :clap

My sons two best mates at school are Bulldog and Magpie supporters.

He's been putting up with their crap all season.

I've never seen him so happy to go to school in his life ;D

RemoteTiger said:

Thanks Tigers

Nothing gets me more happy than when they show on the TV Tiger kids yelling and screaming knowing we are going to win.

Must take my 2 nieces to a game soon.

Mum's a Pie and Dad's a Bomber but my old man and I got in quick and bought em Richmond merch. ;D

Now they are Tigers but I want to get em to know what it is really like following this great club.

My 5 & 6 year were asking if we could change to go for the Blues as we walked back to the car after Round 1. Of course I told them that I had seen a lot more losses that they would ever see and that the Tigers are our family team so we can't change.

On Saturday night they were in the bath together singing the theme song and then wanted to watch the game again on Sunday with scarfs on and flags waving for each goal. My daughter said "we finally won one". I feel some hope.