New Captain | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Captain

nifti

Tiger Rookie
Apr 20, 2004
Is it time to have a New Captain Cotch isn't a natural leader reminds of Sam Mitchel great player but not a spiritual leader my choice would be Brett Deledio or Jack Riewoldt for 2016
Your thoughts please.

Brett Deledio with Jack and Alex joint vice captains. Lids has been captain a few games and has stood up. Im in the give Cotch the flick as captain camp.

Sans the elimination final I reckon Cotch has been a good captain in 2015. It'd be great to see a leadership group consisting of Vlastuin/Riewoldt/Miles develop over the next few seasons, I'd be delighted if either of those three players took over as club captain if Cotchin were to step down.

Reiwoldt wont be captain for the exact same reasons as Richo didn't. Personally at the moment we don't have an option besides Cotch. Maybe Rance, out of left field maybe Grimes.

Go the Swans route. Take the pressure of Cotch and add Jack, Alex and Brett as co-captains.

Get everyone else out of the leadership group.

lamb22 said:
Go the Swans route. Take the pressure of Cotch and add Jack, Alex and Brett as co-captains.

Get everyone else out of the leadership group.
I like that idea. Jack deserves to be captain. He's our best player, our most inspirational (ok, maybe equal with Tross), is a winner and plays with full heart and brains every contest, every game.

Would love to relieve Cotchin of the captaincy.

Think it's stifled him as a player

Hope the club has the guts to make a call like that ala Hawks

Riewoldt then Rance and nobody else
Chaplin and Morris in the leadership bin they go.

Would send a strong message about performing. Jack for me. I like Rance but he might insist on a group prayer session after every goal.

Not sure what surprises me more - the fact this thread exists, or the fact that people agree with its premise.