National Draft Order 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

National Draft Order 2024

I wonder how Blair is feeling about our strategy atm? This wedging of draft picks by the AFL into best laid plans must be causing sleepless nights. Our best mid twenties players want to depart & the draft capital of interested teams keeps sliding. Not an ideal situation..he’s got some work ahead.

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder how Blair is feeling about our strategy atm? This wedging of draft picks by the AFL into best laid plans must be causing sleepless nights. Our best mid twenties players want to depart & the draft capital of interested teams keeps sliding. Not an ideal situation..he’s got some work ahead.
A truly fair, uncompromised and equitable system.
Not.

Reactions: 1 users
Blair would just roll with it. It is what it is..but no doubt the clubs will complain long and loud post draft another absurdity of the FA compo

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't really need to do all that Dyer'ere. You've just gone n destroyed the fantasies n broken the hearts of half a million Tigers fans.
This is the eyes wide open thread, TM. I started it to give a place for my Debbie Downer take on likely draft order. And to inform. A month or so back the idea that pick #9 was possibly pick #11 or even #13 was novel.

Other advantages of having a thread on this is that it stops the Debbie Downer realisations from hijacking other threads; and it reminds us as our picks slide down the board that we knew they would. We are not surprised by this. (Much.) We are informed.

Reactions: 1 users

This draft is less compromised than I thought it would be say four to twelve months ago, Olds. Back then F/S prospects like Welsh and two Camporeales might have been roughly plotted at say #9, #15, #30. Turns out they're not even in the 30 according to Twomey.

Blair is all over this stuff. Our picks are not sliding from his understanding; they are sliding in the fans' estimation, as the fans are informed.

With Ashcroft a certain #1 IMO for over a year and the other FS/Academy prospects this was always going to be a heavily compromised draft. The spoon in itself got us *smile* all. Not even top pick. Picks 2 and 28 now. That makes it more urgent that Blair intervene.

Perryman got band one compo? A bit of a surprise. That probably doesn't impact us much. Our main picks are before GWS. Or in the second round except for the prospects of Freo's #21 and Brisbane's #24. We can probably lock #24 FWIW.

We are informed, brother. We see the magnitude of the challenge. Blair can see that.

Reactions: 1 user