National Draft Order 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

National Draft Order 2024

We will give them our junk picks so they can match any bid thereafter.
Ok not really sure how it works. If North bid, is that 2517 points Brisbane needs to find? If so their current pick 14 is worth 1161 so I don't imagine they'd want to give that away because their next is only 246 and their last 59. So what could they give in return for points? Players? Future year picks?

Last edited:
Not that it matters but are Tigers going to pick Ashcroft making Brisbane bid? Or how else does he go number 1?
Crazy if we don't.
Kids rated as easily one of the top 3 prospects. He's also probably the youngest of all the draftees with a mid Dec birthday to hit 18, conversely Jagga is a Jan birthday so virtually a year older.
On top of that Brisvegas are finalists again this year n flag chasing so if they're getting the bonus of an elite kid as F/S pick discount, at least make them match the bid at his true draft value not at pick 4 or 5 or whatever.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok not really sure how it works. If North bid, is that 2517 points Brisbane needs to find? If so their current pick 14 is worth 1161 so I don't imagine they'd want to give that away because their next is only 246 and their last 59. So what could they give in return for points? Players? Future year picks?
Don't forget the F/S 20% discount so if Norths bid at 2 is worth 2517 points Brisvegas only need to find 2015 points to match the bid. Think Brisvegas also has an academy kid they'll want to match for later in the draft. So they'll have to sell something, a player or future picks to build a suitable bank for the kids they want.

Reactions: 1 users
Crazy if we don't.
Kids rated as easily one of the top 3 prospects. He's also probably the youngest of all the draftees with a mid Dec birthday to hit 18, conversely Jagga is a Jan birthday so virtually a year older.
On top of that Brisvegas are finalists again this year n flag chasing so if they're getting the bonus of an elite kid as F/S pick discount, at least make them match the bid at his true draft value not at pick 4 or 5 or whatever.
Agree crazy if we don't unless we can get something solid in return, just not sure what that would be. Seems Brisbane can't afford to give up their first pick this year. I read that you can akso go into negative points and drop places in the draft next year.

We may have had a deal in place all along with somebody in this draft. Perhaps Brisbane. So there could be a handshake already in place.

The AFL has incentivised us not bidding on a player we don't get to keep at #1. So. It is not corrupt if we don't do that. Even if we do some business around that. And we surely don't want Marshall. We are talking a saving to Brisbane of a around 400-425 points here if we don't bid. That is equal to about pick 41.

I think we might do a deal on it. If we bid on Ashcroft and Marshall we know there was no deal. Likewise Lombard and Kako.

BTW wouldn't it be funny if aliens kidnapped Dudley Battle and probed him into horrendous leather aversion. Probed him with Sherrins or something. Or maybe ice cream cakes made to look like Sherrins. (I wish the fellow no physical pain. He's already pretty averse to that.)

We may have had a deal in place all along with somebody in this draft. Perhaps Brisbane. So there could be a handshake already in place.

The AFL has incentivised us not bidding on a player we don't get to keep at #1. So. It is not corrupt if we don't do that. Even if we do some business around that. And we surely don't want Marshall. We are talking a saving to Brisbane of a around 400-425 points here if we don't bid. That is equal to about pick 41.

I think we might do a deal on it. If we bid on Ashcroft and Marshall we know there was no deal. Likewise Lombard and Kako.

BTW wouldn't it be funny if aliens kidnapped Dudley Battle and probed him into horrendous leather aversion. Probed him with Sherrins or something. Or maybe ice cream cakes made to look like Sherrins. (I wish the fellow no physical pain. He's already pretty averse to that.)
If the aliens probed him with Sherrins i’d say he’d definitely become a waddler.

• Haha
If the aliens probed him with Sherrins i’d say he’d definitely become a waddler.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been probed and the AFL covered it up, yo_eddy. As Glenn Bartlett is only too ready to testify "The truth is out there."

I just had another thought on this probing thing. What if aliens not only probed Josh Battle but planted a 80' satellite dish in his arse. And Battle farted in Ross Lyon's face.

Well the rest of us might think it funny but dead coaches show no mirth. Sam Mitchell could be in for a lot more than pink eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The Clubs that the top 6 draft picks really want to go to -
Richmond
Richmond
Richmond
Richmond
Richmond
Richmond