Nason and Webberley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nason and Webberley

evo said:
Does anyone have any beep test stats on Webberley? He doesn't look like a gut runner but sometimes you can't tell.

Would be great if he could be a szerious part of the midfield rotation. I like the cut of his jib.
Only saw Webberley for the first time on the replay last night. Like the look of him and the fact he is not built like a whippet.

What I liked about Webberly was when he was in deep shock from that big hit he got he still instinctively reached out for the ball and grabbed it, showed a strength of character. Hopefully he's not a head dropper in marking contest unlike some of his teammates

Just read the article on Webberley on RFC website. Sounds like he is switched on.

Webberley played very well indeed on the weekend.

And I can't understand how Nason continually manages to find space. He seems to have that elusive quality of knowing where to position himself on the ground.

Very impressed with both lads, especially Webberley, who I think might turn out to be a very solid player if not outstanding.

Leysy Days said:
Still lacks fitness evo. That can come.

He's Been drinking Boags tinnies with all his teammates after every game until 2 months ago.

As others have said, J.Webberley definately would be a Cascade man being from the Southern half of the State ;).

On a nother note about Webberley, thought fellow PRE bloggers might be interested in a bit more of his history which adds a bit more light to his rapid progress. It is obviously widely known on PRE that he played last season for Clarence in the Tasmanian State League, winning the League's Best and Fairest. However not sure if any of you realise that the season before this he was playing virtual bush footy for Brighton FC in the Southern Tasmanian Football League, certainly rapid progress over the space of a couple of short years.....very big effort.

Yes realise that on the boags PT.

No way leysy can type that other word though. ;D

On Webberley's background, he would have more scope to improve than most TAC recruits ILO.

Leysy Days said:
Yes realise that on the boags PT.

No way leysy can type that other word though. ;D

On Webberley's background, he would have more scope to improve than most TAC recruits ILO.
Cascade is deeeeeeeeeeelight !!! ;D

Come to think of it - for a bit of interesting trivia - if my memory serves me correctly, a player whom PREers might be familiar with, Alex Gilmour, would have been Webberley's captain/coach during the season he spent playing for Brighton.

Ron Jeremy and Free Nason are good late picks. Now they might not make it but it's better than persisting with proven duds. We need to take punts like this every year until we have a good squad.

Streak said:
Ahhhh, the Hedgehog. Probably will ecome a great inside player.

Don't worry about being a 60m player, he can be our first 11inch player :rofl

My son has gone with the number 47 on his gurnsey for Auskick, its not Ben Nason though, his name is The funny haired guy :hihi

CC TIGER said:
My son has gone with the number 47 on his gurnsey for Auskick, its not Ben Nason though, his name is The funny haired guy :hihi

;D

Awesome to see!!!

Did I hear correctly that Nason ran covered 20km v the Hawks?

If this kid is capable of that, he has to be groomed to be a midfield rotation option. That is a massive number which not many can do.