Nason and Webberley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nason and Webberley

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Might have done really well with these two low picks.

One of the plusses for me out of the weekend was seeing their work as transition players. Together with Edwards they just performed the link up work and run and carry well as you would expect good footballers to do.

A sucessful team needs good solid skilled players who do the right thing instinctively most times. No dramas, no hesitation or confused looks , no wondering aimlessly with the ball, get it and use it quickly and well.

With our inside mids Foley, Cotchin, Martin and Jackson controlling the stoppages our outside mids can become dangerous.

If we can get some composure into White to go with his effort, speed, endurance and attitude we might be even better.

Does anyone have any beep test stats on Webberley? He doesn't look like a gut runner but sometimes you can't tell.

Would be great if he could be a szerious part of the midfield rotation. I like the cut of his jib.

evo said:
Does anyone have any beep test stats on Webberley? He doesn't look like a gut runner but sometimes you can't tell.

Still lacks fitness evo. That can come.

He's Been drinking Boags tinnies with all his teammates after every game until 2 months ago.

Nason keeps getting better and Webberly hasn't done too bad at all for his 2 games.

At our stage of rebuilding, getting the late picks right can sometimes be as important as the early picks.

Let's hope these boys can keep improving.

Leysy Days said:
Still lacks fitness evo. That can come.

He's Been drinking Boags tinnies with all his teammates after every game until 2 months ago.
good taste in beer as well. I'm liking him more and more.

Rfc4Ever said:
Nason keeps getting better and Webberly hasn't done too bad at all for his 2 games.

At our stage of rebuilding, getting the late picks right can sometimes be as important as the early picks.

I would say the later picks would be more important.

Agree with all points raised above.
Rfc4Ever said:

I actually think that the lower picks are far more important. Obviously you take no risks with the very high picks, best available. The lower picks are where you can find some very solid core players to make your stars even better.
This is where we are lacking atm, we have the potential A graders but they are surrounded by too many battlers. Add some solid smart, hard working footballers around Lids, Cotch, Marto, Jack etc and we will be fine.

brigadiertiger said:
I would say the later picks would be more important.

That's fair enough though I wouldn't want a Fiora or a Watts with our first pick in this years draft.

Rfc4Ever said:
That's fair enough though I wouldn't want a Fiora or a Watts with our first pick in this years draft.

you mean Fergus right?

cause I would happily take the other one

lamb22 said:
no hesitation or confused looks , no wondering aimlessly with the ball, get it and use it quickly and well.

Prefer not to have confused looks lamby. Or aimless wondering for that matter. Thats been our trouble for 30 years, too many confused, aimless wonderers.

Ty Esler said:
Yeah that kind of mistake can get you in trouble in Tassie!

:hihi

It'd be nice to have nailed a draft for once. Time will tell, but the signs from these two are pretty good so far.

yeah there's a great divide when it comes to their beer.
on more important matters....
webberley has a potential great upside - he already is looking like an A Grade kick, potential elite with right development and coaching. and after sunday's effort, it'd be hard to question his courage, after nearly killing himself with his kamakaze attack on the ball.
time will tell, but the signs are good....let's pray he doesn't end up another casserley - a good kick who never made it

I'm wrapped with both of them. Nason needs to concentrate when kicking the ball.
Webberley has been very good, and should've played earlier in the season.
We should ask him which players he has played with and against in Tassie that he rated. I believe a player would have as much of an idea as a recruiter, if not more.

Really, really like the way Nason goes about his footy.

Long may it continue.