NAB Challenge games - 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB Challenge games - 2016

The line was one of many blunders made by Dorrie Evans in Number 96. Sorry about that! Nonsense will suffice.

achillesjones said:
The line was one of many blunders made by Dorrie Evans in Number 96. Sorry about that! Nonsense will suffice.
You've done well to out-obscure Jack

achillesjones said:

Ah! Brilliant, aj. I should have remembered.

lukeanddad said:
You've done well to out-obscure Jack

;D Too bloody true, lukeanddad.

:hihi

leon said:
Agree about doggies; hate to admit it, but disagree about Pies.

Having poached Adams and Treloar (is AFL checking their payments!!) to add to Pendles, Side and Swan, have one of best midfields in comp.
Moore is all class but still a lot of development left. Have a lot of quality ground-level players who can run it and strong ruck division, all young.
Look ominous but won't peak for another couple of years hopefully.

Not to be taken lightly in 2016 though.

The Pies are looking ominous I agree, but IMO they have gone all out on their midfield, appearing to forget that they actually have to stop goals from the other team and score more. They were pretty average on both Points for and Points Against. Only scored marginally more than we did last year and we focused on defense. I still think their weakest area is defense (Ben Reid may help here but not sure he will ever be back to his best) which I reckon will mean they will miss the 8 this year, primarily due to how many teams in the comp could potentially make it. Its going to be small differences that make it, either those with the best defense or the best attack. Those middle of the range on both will likely miss and thats where I put Collingwood.

Really hope this happens anyway, couldn't stand them getting back to finals again.

If Ben Reid falls over - or more aptly, fails to stand up - Collingwood's defensive tall stocks are woeful. Brown is just a footballer, a one-dimensional negator at his best. Frost and Marsh are spuds.

Unfortunately they have most other things going right. Hopefully, their recent splurges leave them nothing in the bank to attract a Hurley, but who knows, maybe Channel 9 will come to the party like they did with Cloke.

Darcy Moore is very good, spook. A boy wonder. They've got a tall forward. And they are *smile* well drilled.

Dyer'ere said:
Darcy Moore is very good, spook. A boy wonder. They've got a tall forward. And they are *smile*ing well drilled.

Heard an interview with Darcy Moore on SEN and I hate to say it but he is a very impressive young man with his head screwed on straight.

I think Collingwood are on the rise again unfourtunatley. They have a good young midfield topped off by getting Treloar and Darcy Moore looks like he might be something special for them in attack. They still have a few question marks on their backline but they have got a deep midfield and a good range of attacking options. Round two will give us a clear indication of where our season is heading.

IanG said:
Heard an interview with Darcy Moore on SEN and I hate to say it but he is a very impressive young man with his head screwed on straight.

Yeah doesn't he? Really good kid. The Pies have reinvented the list pretty quickly. Watching Treloar on Saturday, I couldn't help but think how he would've solved 80% of our issues in the midfield. What a huge disappointment.

SCOOP said:
Yeah doesn't he? Really good kid. The Pies have reinvented the list pretty quickly. Watching Treloar on Saturday, I couldn't help but think how he would've solved 80% of our issues in the midfield. What a huge disappointment.

agree. it is. But lets move on and up.

Hard to move on when what Scoop said is right.

Our lack of depth in genuine midfield quality is going to hamper us all season ILO.

On Collingwood, they will be very very well this year. A good midfield will cover over a lot of defensive cracks.

Agree with everything thats been said about the Pies, as much as I hate it.

They're good and young. Ben Reid is so important for them, and I really rate him. People have forgotten just how good he was before he got injured.

They've traded in established mids. Greenwood, Adams, Treloar. Got Crisp from the Lions as steak knives. Drafted De Goey. Add them to Pendles, Swan, Sidebottom.

Cloke and Moore upfront. Add Elliot and Howe for even more marking strength. Mason Cox is looking promising for someone that's only played the game for a short while.

Man, this is making me sick. I won't be able to stand the Mrs and her extended family of 134 Pies supporters :vomit

In the past when the Tiges have been going badly punters all scream 'Play the kids!' But sadly the kids we've had couldn't play.

That's no longer the case. Some of them definitely can play.

Now I have us going well this year. Top four no problem. With a fit list. As for improvement I see heaps within. Rance, for example, is getting better. He's developing into a champion. Headed for all time great. That's how good the bloke is. And he'll take a couple with him. Our defence will improve with Hunt or Newman no longer good enough. Maybe even Batchelor replaced. (Shame about Conca - he's a good class #6 back.) But extra run from Yarran and from the extra freedom afforded Houli is a huge improvement for us. How do we score more goals? Well, duh, from where most goals are created - half back.

Maybe you don't like Townsend. Maybe you don't like Moore. But those two are a huge step up from Thompson, Arnot and McDonough, all of whom spent time in the middle for us last year.

Morris won't be playing forward this year. Or anywhere. Lennon is fit. Oh. A kid who maybe can play. Let's play him!

And Ivan might be getting older but he won't get much worse. I suppose there's some chance Edwards will play most of the year.

People who don't see how much improvement we have from last year may have forgotten just how bad we were.

tigersnake said:
What's the alternative?

The club moved on long ago. But if it all turns to sh!t this year, tiger snake, this time we do have a crop of kids who can play.

Dyer'ere said:
Darcy Moore is very good, spook. A boy wonder. They've got a tall forward. And they are *smile*ing well drilled.

How Collingwood goes this season is entirely tied to how Moore progresses.

Dev Tiger said:
I think Collingwood are on the rise again unfourtunatley. They have a good young midfield topped off by getting Treloar and Darcy Moore looks like he might be something special for them in attack. They still have a few question marks on their backline but they have got a deep midfield and a good range of attacking options. Round two will give us a clear indication of where our season is heading.

Collingwood and geelong chucked in two years of draft picks to get their acquisitions.
Not to mention the salaries.
If they don't make the finals: what then?