NAB Challenge games - 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB Challenge games - 2016

Bummers v Cats at Shepparton...37deg. Who knows how teams will cope this week's heatwave....in March... :p

Bullies v. Demons. Shocking game with just so many mistakes. Says it all when the best player for Melb. is Jack Watts.

graystar1 said:
Bullies v. Demons. Shocking game with just so many mistakes. Says it all when the best player for Melb. is Jack Watts.
Really like the look of Clayton Oliver from the Dees. Get into him now. Just what we need.

The Mole said:
Really like the look of Clayton Oliver from the Dees. Get into him now. Just what we need.
Geez he reminds me of Dan Connors, going to be a beauty.....be interesting to see how well the Dogs an Dee's go over the next few years, both clubs look like there going to have some genuine A grade talent

CC TIGER said:
Geez he reminds me of Dan Connors, going to be a beauty.....be interesting to see how well the Dogs an Dee's go over the next few years, both clubs look like there going to have some genuine A grade talent

Well, god knows, Dan Connors was a 'beauty' for us.

CC TIGER said:

I wonder how dan feels now about the kid who chucked his career in the toilet

So, The Mudpies win by 2 points. As usual they had an extra man playing for them in yellow or whatever their colour is. At one stage the frees were 22 to 12. Very lopsided but that's the way it seems to be with them.

The Bullies will not be pushovers again this year. Very quick and have some real match winners in Stringer, Bontempelli and Jason Johannisen, who starred today. Murphy was his usual clever self. What a star he is.

As for the Mudpies, the less said the better.

graystar1 said:
So, The Mudpies win by 2 points. As usual they had an extra man playing for them in yellow or whatever their colour is. At one stage the frees were 22 to 12. Very lopsided but that's the way it seems to be with them.

The Bullies will not be pushovers again this year. Very quick and have some real match winners in Stringer, Bontempelli and Jason Johannisen, who starred today. Murphy was his usual clever self. What a star he is.

As for the Mudpies, the less said the better.

I've been saying all along that I reckon the Pies will miss the 8 and pre-season so far hasn't changed my views. As with last year they will concede far too much and will not be able to score enough to offset the amount they will concede.

I like the Dogs but similar to Collingwood, their defense hasn't looked any better and I'm not sure they will improve much on last year, they will still have a good year but they will be 5-10th (probably nearer the top of that group like 2015).

What is it with the Maggots??

First Collingwood with free kicks for just looking sideways and now Norf with 22 frees to Dorks 11. What is going on. At this rate Norf. will end up with 44 frees, almost a record.

Of course, the maggots will try and even it up bu the end og the game, so guess that won't happen.

mrposhman said:
I've been saying all along that I reckon the Pies will miss the 8 and pre-season so far hasn't changed my views. As with last year they will concede far too much and will not be able to score enough to offset the amount they will concede.

I like the Dogs but similar to Collingwood, their defense hasn't looked any better and I'm not sure they will improve much on last year, they will still have a good year but they will be 5-10th (probably nearer the top of that group like 2015).

Agree about doggies; hate to admit it, but disagree about Pies.

Having poached Adams and Treloar (is AFL checking their payments!!) to add to Pendles, Side and Swan, have one of best midfields in comp.
Moore is all class but still a lot of development left. Have a lot of quality ground-level players who can run it and strong ruck division, all young.
Look ominous but won't peak for another couple of years hopefully.

Not to be taken lightly in 2016 though.

Hilarious. West coast smash the druggies and are labeled grand finalists.

Treloar is such a gun. Really wish we had thrown another $300K per year at him and passed on Yarran. Alas another one to bite us on the bum bigtime... :(Sigh.

achillesjones said:
Treloar is such a gun. Really wish we had thrown another $300K per year at him and passed on Yarran. Alas another one to bite us on the bum bigtime... :(Sigh.

Chill. He run around unchecked all game. Wait till Jacobs gets him just ask Cotchin :clap

The point is, you will need a top negator to stop this kid. Meanwhile Pendlebury and Swan run riot. We'll be watching this kid for the next 10 years in the wrong jumper. Big fish? It's all my eye and Mary Martin as far as I'm concerned.

You have to pay for quality. Bargain basement speculative picks and damaged goods selections get you nowhere.

Not happy Dan.

achillesjones said:
It's all my eye and Mary Martin as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know those expressions, achilles. Do you mean it's excuse making or *smile*? What does Mary Martin mean?