NAB Challenge games - 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB Challenge games - 2016

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Might as well stick everything in here for our last game and non-Richmond games until the H&A season starts.

Just watching the Bolton Blooze v Foreign Legion Druggies playing at the now derelict ( :hihi ) Princes Park.

Good to see the 1st female ump. Will she get H&A games?

Lade says we need a key forward as we only have Jack there, and if Mabs (Cholly) "keeps doing what he's doing, who knows".

Sooooo, what's Chaplin there for? What's Beano doing? Where are Vickery and Griffo at?

The coaches are all playing Jedi mind games to embolden out young tyros to grasp the nettle.

:crazy

Blooze are atrocious with skill and disposal. Does Bolton know what he's training them?

I'd hate to hype it up, but R1 could be a % booster to start on top of the ladder.

TigerForce said:
Might as well stick everything in here for our last game and non-Richmond games until the H&A season starts.

Just watching the Bolton Blooze v Foreign Legion Druggies playing at the now derelict ( :hihi ) Princes Park.

Good to see the 1st female ump. Will she get H&A games?

Watching the 1st. quarter of this game I would suggest other teams have nothing to fear. Terrible game, so decided to have a looksee on here. The one game that impressed me was the GWS v. Bulldogs.

They are both seriously leg speed fast and on that performance would have to be considered threats for the real season.

graystar1 said:
Watching the 1st. quarter of this game I would suggest other teams have nothing to fear. Terrible game, so decided to have a looksee on here. The one game that impressed me was the GWS v. Bulldogs.

They are both seriously leg speed fast and on that performance would have to be considered threats for the real season.

Yep, the Bulldogs we have to look out for....and beat!

We should be on top of the ladder after round 1. %%%%
Carlton are *smile*. Brockhurst

Don't know if the Blues or Bombers are resting any better players but first qtr of today's game was woeful. So hard for their fans, to see many dropped marks, missed passes, terrible kicking around the ground and careless set-shots for goal. Glad I saw a big difference in skill level shown by the Tigers yesterday and Hawks to some extent.

lamb22 said:
Tell you what that Weiterring can play!
Oooooh yeah. Was pretty much the Bloosers best n seriously under the pump all game down back, just smooth as. Massive difference between the performance levels of the one pick n a late rookie kid at Tigerland, but Cholly's a bit of fun to watch.
Bloosers had Kruez, Gibbs, Daisy n Murph missing, plus probably some other irrelevant somebodies, but they were still absolutely shocking against half an Essendrugs side that only used a few of their top up possibles.

Jones, Buckley, Boekhorst, Lamb, Rowe, Sumner, Tutt, Whiley, Armfield, Cuningham, Phillips, Gallucci, Gorringe, White. That's over 25% of Carlton's list that would not get a spot on any other AFL sides' list, let alone get a game. Shades of Richmond when Dimma first took over.

St Kevin said:
Jones, Buckley, Boekhorst, Lamb, Rowe, Sumner, Tutt, Whiley, Armfield, Cuningham, Phillips, Gallucci, Gorringe, White. That's over 25% of Carlton's list that would not get a spot on any other AFL sides' list, let alone get a game. Shades of Richmond when Dimma first took over.

We got 75% of things right from when Dimma started and it took three years to make us competitive. I think the Blues are coming from further back.

At least five years away unless this crop of draftees turns out to be a Hawthorn 2004 crop. That could make it quicker.

Bolton is a smart man. He'll stay the course. His nickname at Box Hill was "Google" because he knew everything about everything.

SCOOP said:
We got 75% of things right from wen Dimma started and it took three years to make us competitive. I think the Blues are coming from further back.

At least five years away unless this crop of draftees turns out to be a Hawthorn 2004 crop. That could make it quicker.

Bolton is a smart man. He'll stay the course. His nickname at Box Hill was "Google" because he knew everything about everything.

Agree, I think they have hired well with Bolton and I actually rate SOS despite everyone saying he had a cruisy gig at GWS. Compare his picks with Clayton's at GC and it says it all.

They'll need both McKay and Weitering to be very good quickly for them accelerate this process in any way.

On yesterday's showing I'd be happier to be blues fan than a bomber. Carlton's first rotation midfield not playing Kruezer, Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs, Thomas. Other senior players played a half only.

Plusses for them were Weitering, Silvagni, C Curnow Blonkhurst and I even like Galluci for his bluff and bravado.

Negatives were Clem Smith and Mackay who I was looking forward to see and he looks really slow and a bit like an onlooker a lot. I think the 90 rotations will not help his game. Early days though.

Weitering will play early and I cans see them putting out a solid defence with some fair runners in Simpson and the irish boys and a good first up midfield against us.

Forward line will be their struggle.

With the way Hardwick's game plan keeps other sides in the game and the way he starts each season with his usually disastrous negative tweak I wouldn't be too cocky

lamb22 said:
On yesterday's showing I'd be happier to be blues fan than a bomber. Carlton's first rotation midfield not playing Kruezer, Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs, Thomas. Other senior players played a half only.

Plusses for them were Weitering, Silvagni, C Curnow Blonkhurst and I even like Galluci for his bluff and bravado.

Negatives were Clem Smith and Mackay who I was looking forward to see and he looks really slow and a bit like an onlooker a lot. I think the 90 rotations will not help his game. Early days though.

Weitering will play early and I cans see them putting out a solid defence with some fair runners in Simpson and the irish boys and a good first up midfield against us.

Forward line will be their struggle.

With the way Hardwick's game plan keeps other sides in the game and the way he starts each season with his usually disastrous negative tweak I wouldn't be too cocky

Dunno about that. Bombers have picked a handy range of topups. They also deceptively have a very good young core. Langford, Laverde, Parish, Francis, Daniher, Merrett x 2, Gleeson. Then add in Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Baguley, Zaharakis, Goddard, Hibberd next year even if Watson retires they are still far better placed than the Blues.

SCOOP said:
We got 75% of things right from when Dimma started and it took three years to make us competitive. I think the Blues are coming from further back.

No compromised drafts to have to deal with though SCOOP so access to the cream. Might speed things up a little.