Merger !! WTF | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Merger !! WTF

pmac21 said:
This post may get removed never to be spoken about again but................
Would you support a Melbourne Tigers team from a merger between Melbourne & Richmond ????
Been a Tiger supporter all my life and I think I would. Short term fix I know ??
Thoughts !!
This may be the team if It were runing out this week.
B: Frawley Moore Joel Mcdonald
HB: Scully Rivers Strauss
C: Trengove Cotchin Martin
HF: Davey Post Morton
F: Jurrah Watts Reiwoldt
R: Jamar Deledio Foley
Int: Petterd, Vickery, Tambling, Bruce
Have left most of the older players out !!

You are a joke

The thing is, we (the RFC) can only be forced into a merge for financial reasons, surely? So long as we are able to prove year in year out that we are viable, no CEO or bloody tyrant like Vlad can force us to do anything. I know Vlad wants to us to fail, he has sat back in denial while other teams have cheated and robbed us of draft picks. No amount of rigged fixtures, enforced Etihad stadium games or tanking cheats is gonna force us to merge. I will pay double for my membership every year if that's the type of thing needed.

mexican_radio said:
The thing is, we (the RFC) can only be forced into a merge for financial reasons, surely? So long as we are able to prove year in year out that we are viable, no CEO or bloody tyrant like Vlad can force us to do anything. I know Vlad wants to us to fail, he has sat back in denial while other teams have cheated and robbed us of draft picks. No amount of rigged fixtures, enforced Etihad stadium games or tanking cheats is gonna force us to merge. I will pay double for my membership every year if that's the type of thing needed.

Richmond would sign another 10 thousand members tomorrow if there were any threats to our existence. I believe we're in decent shape and we have a smart man in Benny guiding the ship, I'd say there's 4 clubs to go before Richmond were ever in trouble, Port, North, Melb and the Dogs.

Digglers Ghost said:
Sour grapes from the old fart.

To think an ex Richmond champion would say that is a disgrace. :mad:
agree totally, of all people why would Sheeds sink the boots in when we are down? I look forward to the club proving him completely wrong on this one

mexican_radio said:
agree totally, of all people why would Sheeds sink the boots in when we are down? I look forward to the club proving him completely wrong on this one

Commentators said he called Cam Bruce a list clogger. Is Sheeds on medication or something?

I would support a Melbourne Tigers football team in a heartbeat, so long as the Tigers emblem, colours etc were maintained (it would be utilizing the strongest points that both parties would bring to the table). Having said that, it would have to be for a very good reason, as another poster noted earlier it wouldn't be simply to create one improved list. A bunch of draft concessions from the AFL and some smart recruiting could just as easily do that in time for a stand alone Richmond.

bowden4president said:
Yep, I'd be the same. I think a Melbourne Tigers team would have less members than Melbourne has now!!

correct, afl already tests my resolve, that would break it...Id be done with footy, play more golf...in any case it won't happen the RFC is laying foundations as we speak that have not been touched since our last premiership..We are better positioned to climb out of this hole than we have ever been.

This article was from the same man who last year said that we could win the premiership.

He states 'This situation is an indictment on recruiting, personnel and direction'. The same people he was working for last year.

Also this gem 'I've heard so many noises about five- year plans that I'm starting to wonder where they begin and finish'. Did he mention this to Wallace last year? I seriously doubt it.

Sheedy has just burned a few bridges. Surely wont be invited back to the club in any capacity whatsoever.

Sheedy lost the plot years ago. Here is a man, for reasons best known to himself, who cannot put his ego aside and drift off into the sunset graciously and allow all and sundry to remember him for the great player and outstanding coach that he was. Instead, he keeps bobbing up for people to laugh at this "yesterdays" man.

Whilst there is no way Richmond will be merging with any other club as things stand, never dismiss the notion completely. Back in 1992 and early 1993 there were a series of meetings between senior people of the Richmond, Melbourne and North Melbourne football clubs under the title "Operation Alloy" with a view toward the 3 clubs merging and the new entity was to be known as the Melbourne North Tigers. I'm talking Ron Casey, Ian Ridley, Kevin Dixon, Francis Bourke, Cameron Schwab and others. Very few people were aware of this then, and even now. I certainly wasn't at the time. For various reasons the venture fell over. These days, as the AFL is flush with funds, and clubs like Richmond can still sustain close to 40k members, we're going nowhere in terms of mergers. But lets not get too complacent.

Hey Rosy....Why haven't you closed this *smile* thread?... it hard enough getting my kids too come to the footy with me as it is!..... i'm bribing them with Coke and Hot Chips, donuts etc ($100) just to keep interested in the RFC and the AFL.

If they or (i assume other kids) here talk about mergers with another club they will drop football/Richmond like a hot potatoe.

Though what really is pissing me off is that it's all here to see and read, guest from other forums like Big Footy OER, Y&B and oppersition teams etc, will report this *smile* on other sites and blow it out of all perportions :-[..... then the next thing "THE HUN" is writing artcles "TIGERS FANS ALL FOR MERGER WITH DEMONS" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Pmac21 i cannot believe you would bring up such a subject?....i have some Bulldog mates and they know that their club is'nt out of the woods just yet off feild, though you mention any talk of their club merging?.. and most likely they will want too punch you in the face!...This is a touchy subject lets end it!

tiger12 said:
Back in 1992 and early 1993 there were a series of meetings between senior people of the Richmond, Melbourne and North Melbourne football clubs under the title "Operation Alloy" with a view toward the 3 clubs merging and the new entity was to be known as the Melbourne North Tigers. I'm talking Ron Casey, Ian Ridley, Kevin Dixon, Francis Bourke, Cameron Schwab and others. Very few people were aware of this then, and even now. I certainly wasn't at the time. For various reasons the venture fell over.

First I've heard of it. Perhaps drawing 75K to the night GF prompted us to pull out?

waiting since 80 said:
Hey Rosy....Why haven't you closed this *smile*ing thread?... it hard enough getting my kids too come to the footy with me as it is!..... i'm bribing them with Coke and Hot Chips, donuts etc ($100) just to keep interested in the RFC and the AFL.

If they or (i assume other kids) here talk about mergers with another club they will drop football/Richmond like a hot potatoe.

Though what really is p!ssing me off is that it's all here to see and read, guest from other forums like Big Footy OER, Y&B and oppersition teams etc, will report this sh!t on other sites and blow it out of all perportions :-[..... then the next thing "THE HUN" is writing artcles "TIGERS FANS ALL FOR MERGER WITH DEMONS" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Pmac21 i cannot believe you would bring up such a subject?....i have some Bulldog mates and they know that their club is'nt out of the woods just yet off feild, though you mention any talk of their club merging?.. and most likely they will want too punch you in the face!...This is a touchy subject lets end it!

If you don't like it don't post in it. It'll disappear soon enough.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
First I've heard of it. Perhaps drawing 75K to the night GF prompted us to pull out?

That was one reason. North improving was another. Both NM and Melbourne felt that the Tigers were going to be the dominant player. other factors as well. When I can be bothered I might start a thread. Happen to have in my possession hand written minutes of the meetings. Can't believe they didn't just destroy the evidence when it fell over. Fair dinkum, we support a stupid club!