Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

There is a lot of work to do here. Reading the game and skills need help. He must be getting a lot of coaching but it has to click soon.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Needs to start taking responsibility and having a ping at the big sticks.

That first one tonight was terrible,

Back youself Mozza lad !!

Reactions: 3 users
He was ok, conidering his time out and complete lack of form in the magoos.

He needs to be in the twos, getting a kick, but we needed him in the ones tonight. Probs out for Marlion after the bye for a chance to get it in the VFA..

Reactions: 5 users
Skills average
Doesn’t read the game properly
Runs around like a pork chop and arrives late at the contest and he spectates
He should watch Butler play . Runs at full speed at ball drop

Reactions: 6 users
Where do we start?
Looks out of place out there Is second to the ball Doesn’t make the play expects the play to come to him very reactionary Is stationery when there’s a ball up in the forward line he’s just watching flat footed when he should be moving anticipating where the ball will go and run onto it Is never there for the ball off the back of the pack for a crumbing goal
Appears he’s totally lost out there Needs a decent run in the VFL to get some form
We must play Cumbo Mansell Coulthard ahead of him ATM
Almost playing the game like he's trying to remember all the instructions, team rules and positional set ups for each aspect of play, seems like he's not quite sure what to do or where he's supposed to be unless he's actually trying to chase down the bloke with the ball.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
First game back, after only one game in the twos, benefitted from Mansell's suspension. Watched the game on telly and thought his application was ok. Will be better for the run. Did pass off to Short for his 60 metre bomb, will be hetter and fitter after the bye, might go out for Marlion though.

87m gained in a winning game
Butler has 365 in a losing team
JNR just doesn’t work or read the game anywhere near AFL level
Needs to go back to VFL and get better
It’s that simple

I can understand why coaches love him, can understand why the faithful love him , however other then a few decent games last year I have huge worries he makes the grade

Reactions: 6 users
I can understand why coaches love him, can understand why the faithful love him , however other then a few decent games last year I have huge worries he makes the grade
He has improved considerably in the last couple of seasons - and he's capable of improving more
Happy to give him the time

Reactions: 5 users
I thought he was ok in the first half, less so in the 2nd (when I thought he'd be good in the wet, should be the type of game he excels at).

Correct , 2nd best post of the week right here ! Huge issue Re getting to ball drop

Reactions: 1 user
mansell ahead of him now as a small pressure forward

still young and can improve but not up to AFL standard at the moment

would be nice to have 2 quality small pressure forwards

2022, 0.9 goals a game, 0.7 goal assists, 3.9 score involvement. In 2023 0.3, 0.5, 2.0. Has gone backwards.

Mansell is 23 MJR not yet 21. 2 yrs ago no one thought Mansell would be starting 22. Time on his side.