Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

Matt Thomas will be our VFL Captain i reckon, and you will find Batsanis will play for us as well.

The good thing about blokes who have been in the system is they know what is required. They will up the standard of training, leadership and things like that. Blokes in the first 22 also know they have to perform otherwise they have blokes Thomas and Banfield tearing it up in the magoos. We'll have a good reserves side next year I reckon.

Average 4.7 tackles a game at AFL level too.

Tiger Wayno said:
Matt Thomas will be our VFL Captain i reckon, and you will find Batsanis will play for us as well.
So why didn't thomasjust get to our Vfl team the way batsanis is. Why does he need to be part of the afl list?
If he gets a game were in serious serious trouble.
Anyway it's done now.

Congrats Matt Thomas.
Magarey medalist and now gets rewarded with a Tiger rookie selection.

keepa lids onit said:
So why didn't thomasjust get to our Vfl team the way batsanis is. Why does he need to be part of the afl list?
If he gets a game were in serious serious trouble.
Anyway it's done now.

Needed a new recruit for the boo boys lids.

I wonder if we even considered Travis Tuck - Andy Collins was astounded this morning on SEN that to his knowledge only 1 club had made inquiries about him. Said he was a contested ball machine this season and should have been given another chance.

Happy with this. Hard at it and plenty of experience. Depth is the key these days and we are starting to build it.

Did Travis Tuck get picked up?

Tigermad2005 said:
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/110302/Matt-THOMAS

Numbers going backwards.

What did you expect rookie drafting a 26 yr old? If he was getting better he would still be at Port.

don't know anything about him aside from what i just read.
maybe just an older player around the place for experience and words of wisdom. if he's got any?
dunno, weird pick... 8-