List of Best and Worst recruits from other clubs over last 30-40 years. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List of Best and Worst recruits from other clubs over last 30-40 years.

There was a (Barry?) Grinter we got from Essendon at one time - not a good pick up!

BillyJean17 said:
gee, how was the coin they forked out for frangalas...is a mad tiger supporter franger by the way, used to see him every now and again

The worst one was Wallace....

Apparently we paid a $100,000 downpayment, and when the $75,000 became due, we didn't have the money, so sold him to Footscray for $75,000. All we got was half a season.

Streak said:
For mine, the worst of all was Terry Keays. Didn't he cost us an early pick (No.1?)

Heh heh....Keays.

Which Terrence had a bigger ego? Wallace or Keays?

ben marsh from the crows what a dud another brilliant recruiting coup by spud

Streak said:
Also hard on Greg Dear. Cost us nothing and came in and gave a couple of solid seasons at the end of his career.

I looked forward to this thread coming up with alot better which it has.

Greg Dear and Sziller should be replaced by Billy Nichols and Michael Roberts. I knew I was a bit off the mark when I didnt start lauging when I wrote thier names down.

bringbakflemmo said:
From Sydney - the worst was Daryl Vernon, Gary Frangalas was ok
From St.Kilda one of the great ruckman Wayne Thornborrow- did he play a game in 2 yrs ?
Essendon - Mick Thompson was OK
Geelong - Adam Houlihan who only kicked goals when his contract was nearly up each yr
Brisbane- Has anyone mentioned Rory Hilton

Um, I think you'll find Vernon was the other way around. A Tiger that went to Sydney.

LandyJessKeane said:
BEST AND WORST FROM EACH CLUB

Hawthorn - Barry Rowlings/Peter Welsh - Worst - Paul Dear.

Feel free to rip it apart if your memory is working better than mine.

You meant Greggy Dear. And he wasn't too bad, far from disgraced himself, did his job and I remember a couple of top games. Paul won the NS for Haw in 91? At the GF at waverley. Absolute herculean game then faded away.

tigertim said:
Um, I think you'll find Vernon was the other way around. A Tiger that went to Sydney.

Greg Miller got him up to Sydney. Keeps forgetting to mention him when tells you that he found Carey and Longmire.