List changes and player requirements for 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List changes and player requirements for 2016

CC TIGER said:
Delistings fo me would be ....Arnott, Gordon, Dea, Mcdoungh, Matt Thomas and depending on trades Lloyd.......free up as much coin as we can

Why would you want to get rid of Lloyd? He is, pretty much, our only goal sneak and was getting better as the year went on. The last two games where he started he kicked three goals a match. I don't understand the lack of respect Sammy gets, both on here and, it would appear, at the club.

For me, atm, he should be starting on the ground every match.

Tigers of Old said:
We can tinker with the edges but I think a ruckman is almost the number 1 priority.
Maric is struggling now. In 12 months he's going to be a liability. Must be addressed.

Agree. even though we need a couple of gun mids, we need to focus on a ruck first

Tigers of Old said:
Looks about right CC.
So that would be

Retired:
Newman
Foley
Knights
Petterd

Delisted
Arnott
Gordon
Dea
McDonough
Thomas

9 list changes pretty easily.

Quite a few on the trade table too.

Arnot and Thomas are rookies, as is Lambert. Lambert will need to be upgraded

CC TIGER said:
Delistings fo me would be ....Arnott, Gordon, Dea, Mcdoungh, Matt Thomas and depending on trades Lloyd.......free up as much coin as we can
I spoke to Gordon on Sunday night, he thinks he may get 1 year extension

taztiger4 said:
I spoke to Gordon on Sunday night, he thinks he may get 1 year extension
He'd be second out the door for me Taz .

I'm confident will land Bennell now after your text on Saturday, bloody good of you drivin him round for 300ks

K3 said:
Why would you want to get rid of Lloyd? He is, pretty much, our only goal sneak and was getting better as the year went on. The last two games where he started he kicked three goals a match. I don't understand the lack of respect Sammy gets, both on here and, it would appear, at the club.

For me, atm, he should be starting on the ground every match.
I'm not a massive fan K3 and I hope we can upgrade on him, however if we can't I'm not unhappy for one more year.

4 retirements already, leaves probably 4, max 5 more. Arnott gone. Depending on needs and interest the rest will come from Gordon, McD, Dea, Thomas. few trades maybe.

Need, a gun mid.

a good small fwd/ rover

a ruckman

That's real pressing needs. we have other wants that will come mostly from natural improvement and evolution of the players.

Think mcD has the talent but Dimmas decision to play Morris in front of him as aforward at the start of the year probably means it will be touch and go . Meanwhile Stevie has 2 more years on his contract to morph into who knows what .

Ruckman has to be a #1 priority. The way Goldstein tapped the ball to advantage just killed us.

But then where does that leave Maric (30 in Jan??) Hampson ? Griff ? Ty ?.... rookie Soldo has 2-3 years before we judge if that worked.

One or two many need to be traded out/released if we can land a quality ruckman

I see Hampson (Del) and Maric (Ret/or rookied if he still has the fire/groins for the contest) gone barring surprises end of next year. Will be interesting to see how we prepare for that.

Tiger Pops said:
Ruckman has to be a #1 priority. The way Goldstein tapped the ball to advantage just killed us.

But then where does that leave Maric (30 in Jan??) Hampson ? Griff ? Ty ?.... rookie Soldo has 2-3 years before we judge if that worked.

One or two many need to be traded out/released if we can land a quality ruckman

Put them all together we still don't have a competitive ruckman.
Need smith or Martin not lobbe reminds of Trent knoble

We definatly need a decent young ruck to help Maric, a small goal sneak and another gun mid either recruited or a young player stepping up ( lennon, c.ellis). Probably a tall agile defender as i think North talls exposed or lack of tall defenders with their strong marking. Last but not least umpires that can make the right call at critical points in a gamem