List changes and player requirements for 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List changes and player requirements for 2016

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With another dismal Finals campaign over but overall a very good season that netted us 15 wins. A good percentage. Wins against good sides with a couple of let downs on the way.
it's time for list changes.

In. Yarran. Need pace
Carlisle. Need a marking tall defender
Martin. Mobile ruckman
Another mid. But through the draft (curnow)

Trade out. Griffo
Ellis
Conca (wouldn't get a pick under 40) not worth it

Need to improve our position in the draft. Trade either Ellis or griff with our first pick to get into the top 5. That should be enough to get Curnow

Carlisle and has got a crap attitude and is an even worse kick - let Carlton have him fit in beautifully.

We need to find a couple more like Miles and Lambert but with a bit more size.

The club will get back to working on contracts with the players now the season is over.
I believe Lennon Grigg and grimes are uncontracted.
I'm sure there will be announcements on delistings before too long.

It was a few days hence this time last year.

Best ruck we can get. The four teams that won on the weekend all have a ruck who is a gun. Maric has been a good foot soldier and toiler but he just is not up to elite standard. I'd throw a bit at Martin less at kreuzer.

#1 - Ruckman
#2 - A grade inside mid
#3 - goal kicking small forward - would throw the kitchen sink at Puopolo

If u look at games agsinst west coast, 2013 final, 2015 final, , 2015 adelaide, the non competitive hit outs are really hurting us, poor evan cant compete against top 6 ruckman whom are directing ball to opposition.

Krueser free agent
Bennel will be cheapish second and third round
BREAK the bank for DAnGER forget this Agreement with Cotch Martin Deledio of the 600k limit
Try Trade astbury and our first rounder to Brisbane for redden and aish
Second round pick for yArran

So if we spend our so called money room
Sacrifice this years weak draft

Kruiser yArran Bennell redden Are shoe ins
DANGER surely truck can sell it?

I think those 4-5 players changes our 22

Actually If I could get those players exactly and be left with 1 first round pick for next 2 years ... Where do I sign
Otherwise the dogs gws GC Collingwood port and crows will jump us next year... U watch if we continue as is we will drop out of the 8

People talk of the need to boost our ruck stocks. My observation of Maric. Reminds me very much of the type of ruckman you'd see in the 1980s. The era of blokes like Justin 'Harry' Madden, his brother Simon, Paul Salmon etc. Solid dependable, consistent big men. But the modern game is so much more athletic, so will get outclassed by the athletic big men like Natanui and co.

With that in mind, out of left field. What is the thoughts on the potential of someone like Majak Daw? Isn't going to get regular 1sts footy with Goldstein and Brown as the mainstay North big men. Could you coax him across in a trade period. Does he have much upside? Or do people feel he just isn't up to AFL footy.

That said, no idea what sort of coin he would cost. Wouldn't have thought he's on big money.

Panthera Tigris said:
People talk of the need to boost our ruck stocks. My observation of Maric. Reminds me very much of the type of ruckman you'd see in the 1980s. The era of blokes like Justin 'Harry' Madden, his brother Simon, Paul Salmon etc. Solid dependable, consistent big men. But the modern game is so much more athletic, so will get outclassed by the athletic big men like Natanui and co.

With that in mind, out of left field. What is the thoughts on the potential of someone like Majak Daw? Isn't going to get regular 1sts footy with Goldstein and Brown as the mainstay North big men. Could you coax him across in a trade period. Does he have much upside? Or do people feel he just isn't up to AFL footy.

That said, no idea what sort of coin he would cost. Wouldn't have thought he's on big money.

Interesting thought...be worth a look. would be cheap.

zippadeee said:
With another dismal Finals campaign over but overall a very good season that netted us 15 wins. A good percentage. Wins against good sides with a couple of let downs on the way.
it's time for list changes.

In. Yarran. Need pace
Carlisle. Need a marking tall defender
Martin. Mobile ruckman
Another mid. But through the draft (curnow)

Trade out. Griffo
Ellis
Conca (wouldn't get a pick under 40) not worth it

Need to improve our position in the draft. Trade either Ellis or griff with our first pick to get into the top 5. That should be enough to get Curnow

Ellis?

DragicevicFan said:
Did we move up the draft order yesterday?

Yep, believe we finished 7th.
Have to wait for the AFL to do their handouts of extra picks before we know what we get.

tigertime2 said:
Interesting thought...be worth a look. would be cheap.

Certainly would put competitive pressure on the talls we already have on the list to get a game. Daw is really a ruck/forward, so would put pressure on Vickery to perform. Once Maric retired though, would be an interesting set up to have two genuine ruck/forwards rotating through.

Carlisle and Bennell would be the 2 to target.

Yes both have some baggage but hopefully our club can turn them around - Choco Williams may be a big help

We need another strong tall - we were found out yesterday with only Rance.

Bennell is a risk but is the player we need if we miss Treloar - has plenty of pace, uses the ball well and can kick multiple goals.

We need some upgrades