Jumper colour | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jumper colour

I always thought the black and red for the bombers came out of the war-time images of bombing raids at night and the red represented the fires caused by the exploding bombs. Could be wrong though. Around our place the crows are black and there is black on the Crows jumper isn't there?

I reckon you might be a bit off there, they had a black jumper with a red sash back in 1897.

Mind you, ours was like this in 1908:

Richmond-Uniform1908Back.png

We got the sash in 1914, see: https://www.footyjumpers.com/

DS

Reactions: 1 users
I always thought the black and red for the bombers came out of the war-time images of bombing raids at night and the red represented the fires caused by the exploding bombs. Could be wrong though. Around our place the crows are black and there is black on the Crows jumper isn't there?
1000020790.jpg

Those are some vibrant crows at your place.