Jumper colour | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jumper colour

Not any yellow there!
Plenty of white though; should we add this to our jumper? If we 're gonna be pedantic then the colour of the tiger is more orange than yellow or gold.

Our colours are yellow and black as the song says; not gold and black.

As to the colour of our emblem the tiger; yellow and black is a good representation. Better than most. Even seen any blue and white kangaroos? Blue and white cats? Blue and gold eagles? Red, gold and blue crows? Red, blue and white Bulldogs? And so on.............

Reactions: 2 users
Well, we are Tigers I guess. But then if we want to follow real tiger colours, we'd need to follow the Cincinnati Bengals orange, black & white.
View attachment 23519
That's right. Tigers realistically are orange and not yellow......but....I suppose we all grew up with yellow from our ancestor supporters.

Aren’t our colours yellow and black; not gold and black? The song certainly says so.
Pretty sure them real tigery type critters sneaking around in the jungles n various zoos are more of an orangey type of colour rather than flouro lemon farking yellow. Would much rather the sash be a gold or orange type version then glow in the dark bright yellow

Reactions: 1 user
I don't mind that we went fluro yellow. Helps separate us from the Hawks who have gone from Poos & Wees to Guiness Poos & Golden Showers, looking very much like our colours.

Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of white though; should we add this to our jumper? If we 're gonna be pedantic then the colour of the tiger is more orange than yellow or gold.

Our colours are yellow and black as the song says; not gold and black.
Ahh but which came first, the emblem or the song? Perhaps the song writer should have penned the lyrics more correctly as orange or ginger and black instead of yellow and black. Even back then anyone with half a functioning brain would have known tigers are gingers.

I don't mind that we went fluro yellow. Helps separate us from the Hawks who have gone from Poos & Wees to Guiness Poos & Golden Showers, looking very much like our colours.
That's right especially that dull poo brown turning into dark burgundy which looks closer to our black.

Would much rather the sash be a gold or orange type version then glow in the dark bright yellow
Disagree. Reckon this current version of our jumper introduced in 2017 is the best we've ever had. Certainly better than the sashless version from the 90s and early 2000s.

But it's a moot point. Our colours are yellow and black; not gold and black. It's gonna be a bit hard to take issue with the people that neglected to select orange and black as the colours in 1885 or thereabouts.

Word at the time (2017) was that Peggy wanted a brighter yellow. The colour choice was attributed to her at the time IIRC.

How can you not like these colours....

1721612730774.png

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Disagree. Reckon this current version of our jumper introduced in 2017 is the best we've ever had. Certainly better than the sashless version from the 90s and early 2000s.

But it's a moot point. Our colours are yellow and black; not gold and black. It's gonna be a bit hard to take issue with the people that neglected to select orange and black as the colours in 1885 or thereabouts.
Original yellow stripes or sash colour was a darker yellow, almost orangish version compared to the bright lemon yellow version on our clash strip.

The issue is the white number on the yellow back on our new clash jumper. We should revert back to the clash jumper we wore in the 2017 GF.
That’s common sense do it’s not allowed .

Why brea things that don’t require fixing .

Becoming as ridiculous as soccer teams changing shirts every season just to make money

Reactions: 1 users
A recent post commented on the difficulty in reading player numbers on our reverse strip.
I think it can be difficult even on our normal strip & I for one ( & except in the minority) liked the flirtation with the plain black back & yellow numbers.
My question is does anybody actually know why the club went away from our traditional gold to this insipid yellow?
Rumours were: the afl directed it as it was too close to Hawthorn’s colour, it didn’t gell with the team song etc.
I have written to the club with no response.
I for one refuse to wear anything with the “terrible yellow” in it.
Does anyone really know?

What I do know is we won three flags wearing this insipid yellow, so I'm fine with it.

Reactions: 3 users
I like the brighter yellow and associate it with the start of our dynasty. I also associate the Gold colour with our years of mediocrity.

What I hate is the NIB green logo in our yellow sash. Compare that with the black Jeep days. Make NIB black. Also not fond of the KFC and Latitude bright colours on the back.

Yes, this. The red KFC on the reverse makes for too many colours. Meanwhile the green NIB is an ugly look. And the money made from sponsors above the numbers on the reverse must surely be dwarfed by TV revenue - if only this change ushered in by Covid across the AFL was temporary.