James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

Short is ok when we have the ball and adds to our defensive run. However as a defensive man on man tackle machine he is a liability. Given the ball will be in Carlton's forward half most of the game, and they have several small goal kickers Tresize is the better option. Treat the remaining games as a rehearsal - Bauer, Tresize, Blight, Gray, Hayes-Brown. Supporters may want to win but IMHO they would prefer to blood the youngsters (and get an optimum draft choice).

I havent watched a lot of him but it seems to me he has good pace and is a good mover. Why exclude a running role from the equation.

Reactions: 1 user
Geez, people struggling to find a spot for Trezise in a defense that leaks 15 goals+ per game. I think we can squeeze him.

Reactions: 2 users
JT has done a good shutting down players the last couple of VFL games.
I can't remember whether I posted it or not, but I reckon he could be a handy midfielder.
If he doesn't get promoted this week, I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes as a midfielder in the VFL.
He’s very good in the air.
You would want to utilise that ability.
Not sure he’s as strong on the ground as in the air but will need to trust the coaches to utilise him in the best position

Reactions: 1 users
He’s very good in the air.
You would want to utilise that ability.
Not sure he’s as strong on the ground as in the air but will need to trust the coaches to utilise him in the best position
Tresize sat out the main Match Sim drill today

• Sad
It seems as though the club are still developing the lad and getting him up to speed after all his recent injuries before dropping him in at the deep end although he did good in his first AFL game last season. He can't be far off and would be interesting to hear the thoughts of those watching VFL and training

His kicking may be a bit scratchy at times but he does not panic with the ball.
Guys like Sam Mitchell Lauded as great kicks and i agree he made few mistakes with ball in hand.
Sam did not have laser passes in his arsenal nor was he a long kick. Nope what he had was calmness an ability to buy time and he used the ball to his limitations. It helped he was decent on both feet.

Not saying this kid is Mitchell but when he learns to work to his limitations that calmness will mean he is very effective.

What i like is his size. with a 188cm frame he has some weight to put on still. Kid he is very strong in the air.
The kid is accountable he will defend and at times will take the game on with run.
To my eye he looks to have good pace and i like the way he moves over the ground.
Like a lot of others i really think we have a good player on our hands.

What roles can he play? Well lets find out, it is a bit early to pidgeon hole him.

For me h/b and wing look like good options for now.

Reactions: 3 users
JT has done a good shutting down players the last couple of VFL games.
I can't remember whether I posted it or not, but I reckon he could be a handy midfielder.
If he doesn't get promoted this week, I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes as a midfielder in the VFL.
I thought he could be a winger tigerman.

i reckon he played back. memory just says he was very slow and tentative with the ball, and possibly sloppy.

All things he is not now, and hasnt been since.
not sure when I vaguely remember him playing wing at the start...

Last edited: