James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

Billy Gowers is the benchmark?
It's Morris's comments. Apparently Gowers is leading the goal kicking in VFL and he has kicked 5 goals in each of 3 games this year. Great effort to keep him goalless and get him moved. Seems Morris was impressed.

Reactions: 6 users
It's Morris's comments. Apparently Gowers is leading the goal kicking in VFL and he has kicked 5 goals in each of 3 games this year. Great effort to keep him goalless and get him moved. Seems Morris was impressed.
Can only beat up on the bloke in front of you n from the sound of it Treesize gave Gowers an absolute flogging. Googled up Gowers n he's a 28y.o. who played 33 games for the Woofers, so that's some reasonable footy capability, so well done to Treesize.

Reactions: 5 users
First named as emergency. Getting close. Hopefully another couple of consistent games in the VFL will get him another shot.

big fan of this player

Reckon he will have a 10 yr career, hopefully it will be at richmond

Reactions: 5 users
It's now time to give this kid another shot.
Is it? If you can’t force your way in now with all things considered, should you be gifted games?

Whats the role? Is it Broads? Is it Vlastuins? Is it Grimes? Is it Browns? Is it McIntoshs?

I’m not sold on him with ball in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is it? If you can’t force your way in now with all things considered, should you be gifted games?

Waits the role? Is it Broads? Is it Vlastuins? Is it Grimes? Is it Browns? Is it McIntoshs?

Not sure what Treesize's tank is like, but perhaps Fridge's role or full on tagging.

Reactions: 1 user

Whats the role? Is it Broads? Is it Vlastuins? Is it Grimes? Is it Browns? Is it McIntoshs?

C'mon Scoop he has had two games back from a long injury lay off, done a great stopping job in both.
Gifted games!!! it's not like he has had an opportunity to bang the door down.

Can't really fault the two AFL games he has been given so far either.

Reactions: 1 users

agree Scoop. He looks like he should be a great kick as most left footers do but he kicks a lot of scrubbers and turns it over.

Grimes is done.
Broady is 32 next season. Pickett 33. Vlastuin 31. McIntosh 31.
The future is coming faster than you realise.

He’s not like for like with any of these guys but Trezise hasn’t done much wrong at snr level in the games he has played. He has looked right at home if anything. But he won’t improve as much in the vfl as he will at AFL level if he’s not afforded snr opportunities.

I’d manage a couple of our veterans in the back half of the year & expose some of these kids. Experience invaluable. Ladder position not.
Jimmy T is not the finished article but needs the chance to fail before he gets get better. Trezise might just surprise. Play him.

Reactions: 17 users
James Trezise (12 disposals, three marks, three rebound-50s)

“Whilst James didn't have huge numbers on the stats sheet, I thought he was hugely influential. He's in some sensational form. He’s really clean when he gets his opportunity to handle the football and he's in a really good spot should any opportunity present itself in the near future.”

Sounds like Morro is pretty pleased with how he’s going.

Reactions: 2 users
James Trezise profiles as a #4 back. Vlastuin plays #4 back in the seniors. Can little Trezise get enough air to play #3 back? Don't reckon. But not many are as athletically gifted as Broad so maybe I'm expecting too much.

#1 Miller. #2 Balta. #3 Broad. #4 Vlastuin. Vlastuin plays front of the pack. Usually. He's playing a bit smaller this year. Brown plays the taller at times.

Could Trezise play lock-down on small/mediums? Who wants such a player? We seem to be grooming him for this. Cincotta? Who else does it? Michelhanney gets cut to pieces. Likewise Starcevich. Fly uses Oleg at times. The Purple Wiggle plays Brandon Walker defensively but is working him to ball movement. There aren't many who do it.

Lock down on small/mediums is probably not a long term role in any team. But it's a starting point for a project player. He'd match up on say Jamie Elliot or Charlie Cameron. Maybe Stengle. Or at times Super brisk Ollie Henry. He might get Cody Weightman. There are some jobs around.

If he came in in such a role he might replace say Short, a runner. It costs run. Take a runner out of the backline and mids have to push back to get the ball out of D50. Good teams don't do that. That's why good teams don't play lockdowns in defence. Not to mention the possible disruption to structure when the lockdown is focussed on one player rather than formation/zone.

We bring Trezise in to play #4 back or up the park for best results IMO. But desperate times call for desperate measures and maybe a lockdown role will help develop him now.

We're bringing Blight in this week so maybe Trezise will have to wait. I like him FWIW.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Hmm, his disposal and decision making and coolness is what has impressed me most about Tresize. Seems to be one of those players that has time.

But it's a good question, who does he replace right now particular if we're going to keep playing the over 30s which are a the players you mentioned bar Brown?

Tresize will be 1 of those guys that gets games I reckon over the next 6 weeks or so.

We have several 6 day then 8 day break games. Yze has already confirmed that Dusty will be one of those rotating games as won't be likely to back up on 6 day breaks. Interestingly those 6 day breaks seem to coincide with an away game

Carlton to Freo A - 6 day break
Freo A to Giants H - 8 day break
Giants H to Port A - 6 day break
Port A to Collingwood H - 8 day break
Collingwood H to Kangas A - 6 day break
Kangas A to Saints H - 8 day break

Yze mentioned that some of the older players may see some rotation over the coming weeks so I suspect some of these other guys will get a chance. If Vlastuin / Broad are in that group, then I expect Tresize to get the chance to play in those games. I suspect we might take relatively young teams to both Freo and Port in particular.

Reactions: 2 users
Tresize will be 1 of those guys that gets games I reckon over the next 6 weeks or so.

We have several 6 day then 8 day break games. Yze has already confirmed that Dusty will be one of those rotating games as won't be likely to back up on 6 day breaks. Interestingly those 6 day breaks seem to coincide with an away game

Carlton to Freo A - 6 day break
Freo A to Giants H - 8 day break
Giants H to Port A - 6 day break
Port A to Collingwood H - 8 day break
Collingwood H to Kangas A - 6 day break
Kangas A to Saints H - 8 day break

Yze mentioned that some of the older players may see some rotation over the coming weeks so I suspect some of these other guys will get a chance. If Vlastuin / Broad are in that group, then I expect Tresize to get the chance to play in those games. I suspect we might take relatively young teams to both Freo and Port in particular.
Another clear sign some will definitely retire this season.

JT has done a good shutting down players the last couple of VFL games.
I can't remember whether I posted it or not, but I reckon he could be a handy midfielder.
If he doesn't get promoted this week, I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes as a midfielder in the VFL.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user