Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

I might be missing something, but I would like to see him have a stronger presence in around the ground play.

Reactions: 1 users
I love Soldo, but my perception is that he grows into the game rather than coming out with intent from the start. Reflects his personality, but penny needs to drop sooner rather than later. Still has huge upside.

Reactions: 2 users
I love Soldo, but my perception is that he grows into the game rather than coming out with intent from the start. Reflects his personality, but penny needs to drop sooner rather than later. Still has huge upside.
That the modus operandi, see what they want throw and adjust, take the hits, hold firm and be patient, let the game come to us, been that way for a number of years.

He's a strong unit in the ruck but needs to do better in the marking contest

Reactions: 1 user
I know it was last week against North but that little soccer pass from Soldo to Castagna was a thing of beauty. It flew under the radar but it was very smart play. Of course in typical George fashion he missed the resultant easy shot at goal.

without looking at stats,

I felt like Ivan got a bit schooled by Sauce, and Mabior was our better ruckman last night?

Soldo is a good tap ruckman but hopeless in marking contests. His older cuz Ivvy needs to give him some lessons on how to read the flight of the ball.

Soldo is a good tap ruckman but hopeless in marking contests. His older cuz Ivvy needs to give him some lessons on how to read the flight of the ball.

Yes Nanks has what Soldo doesn't have and vice-versa. Would be great to pick the best of both. Actually if Nanks had the extra 5 centimetres that Soldo has he'd be a super-star.

Whoever is midfield coach also needs to get Soldo and the rovers to talk about where he is going to tap it. So many times this season I have seen Soldo win a clear tap out and our midfielders going the other direction. Starting to remind me of Hampson :eek:

without looking at stats,

I felt like Ivan got a bit schooled by Sauce, and Mabior was our better ruckman last night?

Thought all the ruckmen were pretty poor around the ground. Soldo had 37 hitouts to Jacobs 26 and Chol chimed in with 7 hitouts. What really wasn't good enough was Soldo/Chol 7 disposals, 1 mark, 1 clearance, 5 contested possies, 4 efficient disposals (Chol just 1) between them. To put that in perspective, Nanks against Saints (before Demons injury) had 17 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal, 7 tackles, 12 contested possies , 5 clearances, 14 efficent disposals. Nanks is our best ruckman when fit but that's where he's been struggling for a while now.

Jacobs had 5 disposals, 2 marks, 2 clearances. Sauce is well and truly out of form as well. He was dropped after round 3 and only picked again last night.

Whoever is midfield coach also needs to get Soldo and the rovers to talk about where he is going to tap it. So many times this season I have seen Soldo win a clear tap out and our midfielders going the other direction. Starting to remind me of Hampson :eek:
The tap to Jack in the third quarter was inspired. Jack set that up, you could see it unfold.
Soldo put it in exactly the right place.

The tap to Jack in the third quarter was inspired. Jack set that up, you could see it unfold.
Soldo put it in exactly the right place.
Was definitely a set play. I was at that end of the ground and you could see it unfold