Is Cuz done? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Cuz done?

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
I hate to say it, but he looked finished at times tonight, he has lost all his speed and had no penetration in his kicking. The kicking was really what got me.. he was coming up short all the time.

I know his leadership is first rate, but is that enough to keep him in the side when he's not contributing?

doesnt seem to wanna kick the footy. Has lost a yard of pace, but doesnt seem to have the engine and do the gut running that he is known for. Not our biggest problem, but i think this will be his last season

No. I think he can continue to be a strong contributer for the remainder of the season. Agree that he had a couple of clangers from kicks tonight bit thought that overall he was still decent

I wouldn't be singling out Cuz - I think he did the hard work last night and deserves his spot, unlike a couple of other freeloaders.

Nowhere near as good as he was last year, which is sad, but he's still one of our best.

Hopefully it's just a fitness issue that he'll overcome during the season.

Cuz looks like he is suffering from a very disrupted preseason and an inability to get enough games under his belt to gain full fitness. If you think about it missed time with finger/ hand injury, missed time with stomach problem, missed nearly all practice matches, missed one game with knee soreness and finally missed through club suspension. Hardly ideal prep for a 30 plus year old with his training record.

mld said:
Looks more underdone to me. Improving with each game.

Agree. He needs consistent game time more than anything. He was given no space and we had no control of the ball so it makes it pretty hard for him to have any impact

Cuz is never again going to be the player he was a few years back but his game is slowly improving as he gets match hardness back under the belt. Did some good link up work early in the game then faded a bit as Freo took over.
Got some smart footy for us late in the game just outside fifty when we were pressing back at Freo, unfortunately we weren't able to create off the possabilities.

No... need the skill and smarts out there. Sixteen handballs last night from 23 touches... most were right on the money. BTW, a lot more would go before him on form!

the milk man said:
Cuz is still a very good player ,but at his age and present touch he will be more and more the link rather than a game winner

Just like Crawford at the Hawks.

His handballs are still elite and they allow our youngsters to learn to get into smart positions on the field.

No way is he done, he's improving each game and I'd say in a months time (if he can remained uninjured) he will be in our top 3 best week in week out.