Hunt or Folau??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hunt or Folau???

Who would you prefer at the RFC if you had to choose one!

• Folau

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Hunt

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

TigerArmySoldier01

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 3, 2004
Melbourne
Who would you prefer at the RFC if we had to choose one of them!

I'd go with hunt, Folau is known for his marking ability in NRL which I dont think will transfer across into AFL as in the NRL they dont get the DUKES OUT!

Would like to hear ppl's thoughts!

Sheer waste of money in my book. I would not want either of them at RFC. AFL publicity exercise pure and simple!!!!!!

You are off the money on this one guys. Don't know about Hunt whom I havn't seen play, but the chances of Folau making it are excellent. He has it all plus heart, yet at 21 he is still a bare canvass in terms of his positional play and his kicking. Would love to have him at Richmond, under our coaching staff.

momentai said:
You are off the money on this one guys. Don't know about Hunt whom I havn't seen play, but the chances of Folau making it are excellent. He has it all plus heart, yet at 21 he is still a bare canvass in terms of his positional play and his kicking.

Incorrect.

I come from a rugby background , both are pretty good athletes, but I dont like their chances of being a great success in AFL , if they grew up playing it - yes, but like most sports, the guys who grow up playing it hold a huge advantage , a crash course on how to play in your 20s is not ideal when you are attempting to play at an elite level, its just logic, but anything is possible,

I wouldn't want either of them at richmond, because i think they would be a distraction, and its low percentage recruiting anyway ,

In the new clubs it is a good fit for marketing, they are only there for publicity, another form of advertising , getting the new clubs into the media , and it is working already.

Neither but if i was forced to choose it would be Folau. Just has that much more size and in my eyes the chance to be something special. Imagine if he really makes it. However Hunt will be just another HBF type. He has speed but nothing that would separate him from the rest. Folau has height, speed, power, leap and years advantage.

Is Folau tall enough to be a ruckman?

Because really, the only way he will make it is to be a decent ruckman.

Hunt looks to be out of his depth, but time will tell.

A lot of people here with crystal balls...

I'd take Folau over half the duds on our list anyday.

velo said:
A lot of people here with crystal balls...

I'd take Folau over half the duds on our list anyday.

Really? Can you name the half of the team you'd have Folau instead of?

Stynes came from a non AFL background and he di dpretty well Kennelly hasn't done that bad throw in O'hailpin as well. Pyke in Sydney is holding his spot on the list depsite coming from a Union background. At 21 Folau has time and the ability to hold his own may never be the superstar he is in League but will be a handy player.

It's almost as if people are wishing him to fail...very strange.

I'd take Folau in the Ruck. I'd take him as a monster Fullback. I'd take him as a gorilla in the forwardline helping out Riewoldt and co.

An elite sportsmen at 21 with a couple of years to learn the intricacies of AFL is a risk but not an impossibility. It's not like he's coming from synchronised swimming.

If we turned this the other way would people still be against the idea?

Do we think no AFL players have the ability to play other sports?

How about Richo with that athleticism? Judd with his pace and skills? Gary Ablett Jnr? Nicnat could play rugby, easily.

velo said:
It's almost as if people are wishing him to fail...very strange.

Ridiculous comment. What is very strange is offering $1.3mill to a person who, at 21 years old, has never played a game of Aussie Rules. People are entitled to their opinions on whether he will make it or not. History suggests it will be very very difficult.