How bad was Fevola!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How bad was Fevola!!

Vossy is getting his trades lined up for GC. Fev for a 1st round pick. Raines for a six round pick.

Chocco said:
I'm pretty sure Vossy gave him a 4 year contract as well as Raines a 3 year contract. Big trouble brewing for the Lions.
l think Fev,Raines & Buchanan all got 3 year deals.

Really took balls to go for Fev. All the signs were there that he was trouble. Vossy certainly seems to think highly of his own man-management skills.

Apparently Fev had his mind on a certain 19yr H&A 'star'. Seems he spent the entire night at the State of Origin talking in a rather smitten manner and not watching the game - was reciprocated - of course they are "just friends" ;) - the girl needs saving :help

Phar Ace said:
Apparently Fev had his mind on a certain 19yr H&A 'star'. Seems he spent the entire night at the State of Origin talking in a rather smitten manner and not watching the game - was reciprocated - of course they are "just friends" ;) - the girl needs saving :help
:hihi
I saw that in the Courier Mail last week - she's smoking!

Ghost of 29 said:
To use the new wanky corporate term "Fev isn't in a good place"

His life is turning to poo and his skanky bogan wife uses his gambling as an excuse to flee back to Melbourne to chase some pointless fame on Dancing with the Stars. What's the saying "bogans of a feather flock together"

He may have been at the Gabba in person, but his mind was somewhere else.
Yeah I feel for the bloke. He is probably going through a rough patch. Maybe alot of it is from his own making but the bloke must be hurting. As for his wife I reckon he will be better off without the attention seeking dragon, just a shame when kids are involved.
Fev maybe a bit of a boofhead but he is a bit of a character and the game needs people like him thats for sure.

zgod said:
Yeah I feel for the bloke. He is probably going through a rough patch. Maybe alot of it is from his own making but the bloke must be hurting. As for his wife I reckon he will be better off without the attention seeking dragon, just a shame when kids are involved.
Fev maybe a bit of a boofhead but he is a bit of a character and the game needs people like him thats for sure.

I was nodding in agreement until I read the bolded section. The guy has a drinking & gambling problem - and cheated on his wife. And SHE's the attention-seeking dragon?

Get real

lukeanddad said:
I was nodding in agreement until I read the bolded section. The guy has a drinking & gambling problem - and cheated on his wife. And SHE's the attention-seeking dragon?

Get real
Yeah they are both probably "dragons" but she is far more reptillian in my opinion.
:p
In all seriousness I was probably a tad off the mark. Maybe they are perfect for each other.
Anyway what matters is that he gets his life in order and he kick his illnesses which is what they are.
On his day he is great to watch.

zgod said:

Why does the game need people like Fevola? The game certainly needs those with his football skills but his social skills leave alot to be desired.

I think Fev replaced his gambling problem with an eating disorder, possibly sponsored by KFC. Have you seen his bum lately - he's enormous. Got the turning circle of the Fairstar these days!

Fev's always thrown in the odd stinker where he doesn't chase etc, but he was dead set putrid on Saturday. 42 goals for the year says still he's got something to offer, but he can't afford many more games like that.

GoodOne said:
Why does the game need people like Fevola? The game certainly needs those with his football skills but his social skills leave alot to be desired.
I think his skills are sorely needed and I think his character flawed as it may be is a nice aside to the clean and monotone robotic pr machine the AFL has become. Yes he is a foul drunk, womaniser and has an addiction. Sounds like any other non AFL star who society regulary put up on pedestal.
Would I want him in my team? No. But to have in the game. Definitely.

Ghost of 29 said:
Nup, she is on dancing with the stars. To fulfill the criteria you only have to be a c grade celeb or at least be having sex with one.
I reckon it's OK to have a crack at Fev for his poor display last Saturday. But I would ease up on Alex Fevola a bit.

btoz_01 said:
With his :beer and gambling issues you begin to wonder.
Firstly how can an AFL footballer play so badly especially for his 200th game?
Heres some examples- being a few metres out from goal and not being able to make contact with the ball, having a shot from 40 metres out only to kick it about 30, missing simple shots at goal etc...
The League should hold an inquiry into Fevs non performance.
If it was a horse race the stewards would have swabbed the horse and the trainer and jockey would be in the stewards room to explain what went on.

A Pakistani cricketer in those circumstances would be banned for life. Reckon the AFL might be hoping this one just goes away quietly. They are probably happy we had won a couple just prior to this.

zgod said:
I think his skills are sorely needed and I think his character flawed as it may be is a nice aside to the clean and monotone robotic pr machine the AFL has become. Yes he is a foul drunk, womaniser and has an addiction.

Have no problems with colourful personalities on the footy field, it is always refreshing to see, however, I don't think anyone really wants to see the performance Fevola put in on the weekend. I found Franklin's freak goals and Reiwoldt's spectacular mark and Martin's bursting out of packs much more entertaining than Fevola's 120 minutee sook session. If I want to watch sooking, I'll spend more time with the kids ;D