Henderson out of Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Henderson out of Carlton

Maybe he didn't want to go to Cartoon in the first place & now has an opportunity to play where he wants to.

Interested in heal Gil Mc paying out on Lachie this morning on AW. Said he couldn't understand why Henderson said he wanted out with only 3 weeks to. I think he said it was selfish.

I find McL comments odd. I would've thought Henderson being honest and upfront to be commendable.

puregreen said:
Well, apparently Yarren to us is a done deal, so don't expect him to play for the rest of the year either :hihi

Might be no-one playing Carlton's last game the way they're going.

Henderson's mother just on AW gave Caro a bit of a spray and Gil too. Said Henderson would gladly have played out the year in whatever capacity required by Carlton. It's time for the AFL and the comp to grow up.

ToraToraTora said:
Henderson's mother just on AW gave Caro a bit of a spray and Gil too. Said Henderson would gladly have played out the year in whatever capacity required by Carlton. It's time for the AFL and the comp to grow up.

Disagree. If he doesn't want to be there, he forfeits the right to wear the jumper. Support the club on this one (even if it does comply with Tanking 101).

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Disagree. If he doesn't want to be there, he forfeits the right to wear the jumper. Support the club on this one (even if it does comply with Tanking 101).

ablett and frankliin didnt want to be there, should have been dropped?

Moral of the story.
Say and do nothing until the end of the season
Don't be truthful

se7en said:
Moral of the story.
Say and do nothing until the end of the season
Don't be truthful

Unless of course you're happy not to play. The majority in the workforce would probably be happy to get 3 weeks extra paid leave ;D

I just love the spray all the clubs seem to give their players in the media when they want to leave. The number of examples are legion.
And McLaughlin weighing into, via the media, a single player issue on behalf of the CFC is almost obscene really. Utterly inappropriate to his role.

There seems to be no easy way to leave if the club doesn't want you to go - hell even if the club couldn't care less it seems about 50% of the time it is still acrimonious.

Go Henderson's Mum. Just wish she could get a rolling media campaign going for a week or so to get AFL and CFC more defensive.

Let's have a player give a club a spray. "What a bunch of losers and hacks. Coach is an a-hole, boot studded is wanker, and the supporters are slobbering zombies. Get me the hell outta here."

Brettstigers said:
I just love the spray all the clubs seem to give their players in the media when they want to leave. The number of examples are legion.
And McLaughlin weighing into, via the media, a single player issue on behalf of the CFC is almost obscene really. Utterly inappropriate to his role.

There seems to be no easy way to leave if the club doesn't want you to go - hell even if the club couldn't care less it seems about 50% of the time it is still acrimonious.

Go Henderson's Mum. Just wish she could get a rolling media campaign going for a week or so to get AFL and CFC more defensive.

I heard Blobbo on Saturday morning talkign about Carlisle. There was absolute venom in his voice when he spoke about how the club had looked after him (???) for 3 dark years and now he is shitting on them blah blah. It was like listening to a car crash. Couldnt believe what i was hearing, but couldnt manage to turn it off!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Did they tell the club they wanted out before their last games?

Heard Mick Malthouse on this the other day on SEN, of course it's Mick so take it with a grain of salt. He reckoned he knew Betts was leaving at the start of his last season with Carlton - he visited Mick for dinner early in the season and never said anything but Mick knew he was going to leave.

He kept playing Betts because he knew Eddie was professional enough to keep playing for the team while he was there. Maybe not 100% but still enough.

BT Tiger said:
I heard Blobbo on Saturday morning talkign about Carlisle. There was absolute venom in his voice when he spoke about how the club had looked after him

Yep they gave him a free course of peptides, muscle tonics and who knows what else - and a sore arse to boot - can't think why he wouldn't be grateful.

antman said:
Heard Mick Malthouse on this the other day on SEN, of course it's Mick so take it with a grain of salt. He reckoned he knew Betts was leaving at the start of his last season with Carlton - he visited Mick for dinner early in the season and never said anything but Mick knew he was going to leave.

He kept playing Betts because he knew Eddie was professional enough to keep playing for the team while he was there. Maybe not 100% but still enough.

He's said this elsewhere also, but it's not the same as Betts telling the club he intends to leave. Even if that had happened, it's a different situation (pre-season) to Henderson saying he wants out with three games to go.

Personally hope we never get to the stage of the NRL, with the public knowing full well Player X has signed with Club Y for next year. Some call it "being mature", but it runs contrary to the game's essence whereby supporters invest emotionally in a player from the draft.

Henderson obviously has a right to be honest with the club, but he shouldn't be offended when told he won't be playing. Culture has to start somewhere (yeah, I know it's Carlton we're talking about).

I can only see it as a good thing. The earlier a club knows a player is leaving, the more time they have to ensure a replacement. Helps formulate the draft/trade period.

I really don't see a downside in practical terms.

Doesn't seem much difference from what Kruezer said to what Henderson said. Except that Henderson was more honest.

Carlton have self destructed.

Personally I reckon they made a mistake with Trigg as their CEO - he stuffed up Adelaide when he was their and now doing the same at the blues

year of the tiger said:
Carlton have self destructed.

Personally I reckon they made a mistake with Trigg as their CEO - he stuffed up Adelaide when he was their and now doing the same at the blues

Great isn't it