Henderson out of Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Henderson out of Carlton

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Apparently Lachie Henderson has told Carlton he wants to be traded at seasons end so they've said "fine then, we are not going to play you any more this season"

Apparently he said "thankyou"

As a sport we need to get more mature and accept players moving on without feeling the need to punish them. Though CFC's position is a bit different where the only thing they have to win is the wooden spoon.

And people complain about players not announcing their intentions to leave mid-season. Why would they when they would then be told that they wont be played again for the rest of the season?

Trade week is gonna be crazy this year with all the innuendo.

With future picks able to be traded maybe it will help deals be reached faster than has been the case in the past.

Do you think a club should be able to use $$$s to get a deal over the line.
I know that a club in debt wouldnt say no.

We've sold home games for $$$$s that have cost us wins but it helped our bottom line.

Go back 5 years: we are in debt, on the bottom of the ladder, and the premiership team offers us their first rounder for brad ottens. It's pick 16. It's obviously not enough.

but say it's Collingwood. Money is not an issue.
They give us a million bucks and the pick 16.
Suddenly it's a done deal.

I think we should let $$$s be a part of a deal. Not the whole deal, but the necessary sweetener, when a deal can't otherwise get done.

tigertim said:
Apparently Lachie Henderson has told Carlton he wants to be traded at seasons end so they've said "fine then, we are not going to play you any more this season"

Apparently he said "thankyou"

Now this.

He cleared out his locker and left.
Ohhhhh Carlton.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Do you think a club should be able to use $$$s to get a deal over the line.
I know that a club in debt wouldnt say no.

We've sold home games for $$$$s that have cost us wins but it helped our bottom line.

Go back 5 years: we are in debt, on the bottom of the ladder, and the premiership team offers us their first rounder for brad ottens. It's pick 16. It's obviously not enough.

but say it's Collingwood. Money is not an issue.
They give us a million bucks and the pick 16.
Suddenly it's a done deal.

I think we should let $$$s be a part of a deal. Not the whole deal, but the necessary sweetener, when a deal can't otherwise get done.

International soccer style. No. The rich clubs win, the others are development or feeder clubs. Unless we're one of the rich ones of ourse then yeah

Interesting list of names starting to develop for the trade period this year.

P Dangerfield

J Carlisle

L Henderson

J Aish

A Treloar

M Scharenberg

C Yarran

S Motop

M Luenberger

S Martin

C Dixon

S Day

S Selwood

L Weller

Carlton seemed to get off lightly considering the shellacking they copped from the bottom team - or does no one care?