Griffiths...how did he go? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths...how did he go?

So the Griff bobbled a chest mark in the greasiest conditions imaginable, while going for his first mark inside 50? Wasn't the only one on the day (not looking at you Westhoff) and his was certainly under considerably more physical (illegal) pressure.

His huge grab later in the game certainly gave an insight into his capabilities. I look forward to seeing more.

can't wait to watch him play tonight in dry undercover conditions. It will be a better indicator of his talent

Having rewatched the game I thought his hands and second efforts looked really good. He looks like he has top 10 pick talent, time will tell whether he lives up to it.

Merveille said:
Huge scrutiny going on here - over-analysing that chest mark, move on..

:clap

Could that failed mark be the most scrutinised play ever for a first gamer in the history of the AFL?

GoodOne said:
:clap

Could that failed mark be the most scrutinised play ever for a first gamer in the history of the AFL?

lol - how can we remember to drag this thread back in 3 years time... ?

Taking everything into consideration from the conditions to his height & game time i thought he showed enough to get excited about.

tannerztigers said:
Your kidding right? It was the wettest conditions possible and first game. Happen plenty of times on the day.
Obviously I was kidding. Thought that was crystal.

Some very literal interpretations around here.

Didn't do much today but who cares? It's another learning experience for him, keep him in!

Carn the Tiges!!!