Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Mass immigration will solve it.
in all seriousness, this August has been quite warm for the last month of winter.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Geez. Hope that doesn't *smile* up our coal sales to much. Better ring them Kiwis up n see how they're going for reliable base load, instead of sittin in the dark when the sun goes down.

Reactions: 1 users
They know what is happening, they just didn't think it would accelerate so soon. I suspect that the models were kept conservative because of the deniers. In any case, science is conservative (in the true sense of the word) so it is not surprising that the models have likely underestimated the speed of the changes happening.

It is a worry, means all the time wasted dealing with the deniers and their cashed up lobbyists has caused even more of a problem.

DS
The deniers are to blame. 😅😅

• Haha
The deniers are to blame. 😅😅
Yep. When the scientists or experts or whatever they are get it wrong. It’s because they were conservative.
Why be conservative if they have all this evidence to prosecute their findings? It must be deliberate so it it’s doesn’t work out like they predicted they need an out.
Just like that *smile* who predicted the seas to rise and bought a house close to the edge of the Hawkesbury River.

So of course it’s the “deniers” fault. Or Trumps. They forgot to throw him in as well.

It’s now a massive industry. Al Gore was one of the first to be across the money to be made. Then he got himself a following. Like one of those religious cults. Lil Greta Thunderbox typers who protest about anything and everything.

Apart from being an insoluble problem, nuclear waste is also a very very expensive problem, here's what Germany is facing:

https://www.dw.com/en/german-nuclear-phaseout-leaves-radioactive-waste-problem/a-66661614

According to Tokarski of BGZ, experts plan to find a site and, more importantly, reach a political consensus on it "in the 2040s at the earliest."

From then on, another 20 to 30 years are likely to be spent on planning and construction, said Tokarski. She anticipates the beginning of final storage "in the 2060s at the earliest." The shipping of all the waste from the various interim sites will probably take another 30 years, she added.

The century-long operation is expected to cost hundreds of billions of euros. Last year alone, BGZ spent €271 million ($292 million) just to ensure Germany's nuclear waste is safely stored — €191 million of the sum on operating the interim sites and €80 million on investments in them.

100 years sounds like a long time to sort things, but it is a short time in comparison to the geological time frames that nuclear waste requires.

When all this money is spent they end up chucking the waste a long way underground and hope it can be contained for 250,000 years. It is a BS solution but all anyone has.

DS

Apart from being an insoluble problem, nuclear waste is also a very very expensive problem, here's what Germany is facing:

https://www.dw.com/en/german-nuclear-phaseout-leaves-radioactive-waste-problem/a-66661614

100 years sounds like a long time to sort things, but it is a short time in comparison to the geological time frames that nuclear waste requires.

When all this money is spent they end up chucking the waste a long way underground and hope it can be contained for 250,000 years. It is a BS solution but all anyone has.

DS
Meh. Doesn't matter anyway.
According to the hallelujah chorus we've already gone to far n irreversibly destroyed the worlds climate n if we don't go back to sittin in the dark n living in caves immediately. Old Ma Nature is gunna weaponise the *smile* out of climate change n *smile* whip the *smile* out of everybody anyway.
Might as well just sit back n enjoy the party.

How are the fairy people going to react to having no beef meat & tomato sauce pies at the footy ?. The twerps even want us to farm our national animal The Roo for wholesale consumption.

No milk cows either. No yoghurt or cheese.Too much methane. May be goat cheese and yak milk
Cereal producers will hardly have a market.

Last edited:
How are the fairy people going to react to having no beef meat & tomato sauce pies at the footy ?. The twerps even want us to farm our national animal The Roo for wholesale consumption.

If there were no cows left in the world you wouldn't notice a bit of different when you ate a meat pie.

Happy to munch on Kangaroobies they're *smile* delicious. The rest can be simply shoved up the clackers of them weirdo world savers.

The contributors to this report have very low iq’s. Nothing practical about what they are thinking.

Last edited:
The contributors to this report have very low iq’s. Nothing practical about what they are thinking.
Have you read the report ? I haven't but I did brave the Daily Mail article, which suggests reducing red meat intake and reducing petrol vehicles. Not sure what is impractical there.
Was there more?

Slightly gamey and tends to dry out if overcooked . But I don't mind it.
Serves ya right for overcooking ur meaty stuff. Kangaroobie is seriously lean n bugger all fat on it so overcooking rapidly turns it into cardboard.
Fortunately for me, when it comes to cooking red meaty things. I'm of the lop off it's horns, wipe it's arse n throw it on a plate mentality. Love my meat cooked blue which is perfectly suited to Kangaroobie n Moo'oooo.

I think this is a good mirocosM of one of many issues.

Cheap energy means air conditioning means way more people living in places they couldn’t naturally live in without that technology.

Unwinding is difficult. People don’t want to relocate. People keep moving to flood plains and hot areas.

Poor people will suffer the most.

They had a separate episode on Florida and sea level rise that was also pretty interesting.