Get off your high horse Caro! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get off your high horse Caro!

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Anyone that saw footy controversial on ch eddie tonight would have seen a logie winning performance by our friend Caroline Wilson.

The AFL are terribly worried about Richmond and how they are going to get out of the trouble they are in.
Really, really worried and concerned for their future or words to that effect.
It was not only what she said but the way she said it.

While she added that people like corn chips, wallett, beck and miller should put their hands up and admit fault instead of making excuses, she implied that Hardwick had little or no chance of succeeding.

Also continual comparisons with Fitzroy are an absolute joke.
Was St Kilda the new "Fitzroy" when they won only 11 games in 2000/01/02 ?
Was Fremantle the new "Fitzroy" when they lost the first 16 games of 2001 ?
Was Carlton the new "Fitzroy" when they finished 16th,15th,11th,16th,16th and 15th in consecutive years ?
Was Hawthorn the new "Fitzroy" when they won only 27% of their games in 2004/05/06 ?

3rd on the membership ladder with more members than the scum and bummers, after 3 decades of crap. Why is this never mentioned?

Get stuffed Anthony Hudson, Mark Robinson, Dwayne Russell, Aussie Jones and any other knob in the media or commentator who are not professional enough to talk objectively and sensibly.

When the wheel turns I'll be there giving it back in truckloads.....

don't forget the 'we are going to lose sponsors' line from good 'ol Caro.........geez what a job.....

Let me add that she KNOWS that Ablett Jnr was up until 3.00am or 4.00am at a pub last night......she KNOWS !! :nodyes

im sure her old man Ian Wilson has contributed to our demise over the last 30 years..

tigerjoe said:
Anyone that saw footy controversial on ch eddie tonight would have seen a logie winning performance by our friend Caroline Wilson.

The AFL are terribly worried about Richmond and how they are going to get out of the trouble they are in.

While she added that people like corn chips, wallett, beck and miller should put their hands up and admit fault instead of making excuses, she implied that Hardwick had little or no chance of succeeding.

Was Carlton the new "Fitzroy" when they finished 16th,15th,11th,16th,16th and 15th in consecutive years ?
Was Hawthorn the new "Fitzroy" when they won only 27% of their games in 2004/05/06 ?

3rd on the membership ladder with more members than the scum and bummers, after 3 decades of crap. Why is this never mentioned?

Get stuffed Anthony Hudson, Mark Robinson, Dwayne Russell, Aussie Jones and any other knob in the media or commentator who are not professional enough to talk objectively and sensibly.

Yeah bit over the top. However, I don't think anyone would have imagined that we would have been this totally uncompetitive this year. Not that much of a surprise that we haven't won a game yet but the fact that we really have been thrashed in every game is a concern. FFS, we've only won 2 of 24 quarters!!!!

But for me the biggest concern is the lack of pressure and application in the defensive aspects of the game (tackling, blocking, shepherding, pressure on the ball carrier etc). I really expected Hardwick to make a difference in these areas and have yet to see it. That is disappointing.

She sure did try and sink the boots in a lot tonight, ey. She just revels in it, suprised she didn't fall of her chair in excitement because she was loving potting the club. I just try to not take too much notice of what she says, a lot of it is just rubbish because she's trying to stir up trouble.

That Gary Ablett thing was laughable. Trying to prove that Gary Ablett was out until 3 or 4am partying and drinking when not playing yet when the others said he wasn't drinking and wasn't out that late because they were actually there at the Logies after party she kept trying to back it up saying she just knows. :rofl

She did make a fair point in that previous staff such as Miller,Wallace & others had all deflected blame for our situation we find ourselves in.She also applauded Hardwick.

mb64 said:
She did make a fair point in that previous staff such as Miller,Wallace & others had all deflected blame for our situation we find ourselves in.She also applauded Hardwick.
Good point, iheard Dermi on the SEN coverage say the only way the Tiges can be fixed
is at the drafting table.
Maybe Caro is trying for Draft pics from the AFL here, definatly planting seeds.

tigerjoe said:

What are you on about?

She was spot on in everything she said. Im not a fan of her writing but when she talks Richmond its usually right.

IrockZ said:
What are you on about?

She was spot on in everything she said. Im not a fan of her writing but when she talks Richmond its usually right.

Exactly good to see someone call for people like Wallace Casey and Miller to take responsibility. If there was an implication that Hardwick won't succeed its only because she said the club is a basketcase, and quite frankly she's right, we have good people working for it but right at this time when we look like not winning a game for the season we are a basketcase.

marsinvenus said:
Good point, iheard Dermi on the SEN coverage say the only way the Tiges can be fixed
is at the drafting table.
Maybe Caro is trying for Draft pics from the AFL here, definatly planting seeds.

Yep I thought so too. She's putting subtle pressure on the AFL to act. Good on her I say.

Barnzy said:
She sure did try and sink the boots in a lot tonight, ey. She just revels in it, suprised she didn't fall of her chair in excitement because she was loving potting the club. I just try to not take too much notice of what she says, a lot of it is just rubbish because she's trying to stir up trouble.

She wasn't sinking the boots in to the club, she was sinking it in to the people that put us in this position. Quite right too.

IrockZ said:

Yeah Caro does try hard and she is spot on about Richmond even though it comes across as a kick in the teeth.

We are the new Fitzory, we are a *smile* club (and maybe for the next 2 to 3 years), we got ourselves in the mess, we are a basket case, I hate it, & I'm embarrased.

I agree with Ian and IrockZ.

Previous coaches and administrators have ran this club into the ground. We finally have the right people in charge to take this club forward but its going to be one hard task to see things through at least for the next couple of years.

Media pressure might be the way to go in order for the AFL to lend us some extra support at the draft table.

It was great to see Wilson push her point and hold previous coaches, recruiters and administrators accountable for our current plight.

It was not an attack on the club, she was targeting former coaches and administrators who ran the place in to the ground.

two things

1) Garry Lyon was right. At some stage you have to draw a line behind the past and move on. The club has been always criticised for living in the past, but thankfully we have finally done that now. This however is not good enough for Caro, who wants another round of the blame game.

When does this end? As Lyon said, everyone knows what the problems at richmond were, and who was involved, so what benefit does rehashing it yet again have for anyone? Reconfirming what we already know will not help the club, and will not rebuild anything

Geez I hate it when Paddlepop is right :mad:

2) How about some facts Caro. Cousins was drunk "because you know". Ablett was partying late "because you know". We are losing sponsors (yet no names) "because you know". I'd actually like you to back something up, because you yelling "I know" is growing old

Footy Classified discussed every team and every game so we have to be discussed.
There is not a lot to say other than the obvious; we are an uncompetitive rabble.

Caro was spot on when discussing us.
We are uncompetitive and "Fitzroy like".
People like Casey, Miller, Beck and Wallace should have their reputations further tarnished.

There will be implications for sponsorship, membership etc from our performance.

The AFL should be concerned with their '15 team' competition.
At the moment we are uncompetitive and provide a percentage boosting 4 points to the others. Virtually a bye.

We cannot blame Hardwick, Gale, March etc for the current position.
But people taking offence to her stating the obvious need to grow a thicker skin.

Tiger74 said:
1) Garry Lyon was right. At some stage you have to draw a line behind the past and move on. The club has been always criticised for living in the past, but thankfully we have finally done that now. This however is not good enough for Caro, who wants another round of the blame game.

When does this end? As Lyon said, everyone knows what the problems at richmond were, and who was involved, so what benefit does rehashing it yet again have for anyone? Reconfirming what we already know will not help the club, and will not rebuild anything

When have Wallace and Miller been blamed? There's been an article from Paul Gough, perhaps another couple of ad hoc things but generally they have not been held accountable cause of their mates in the media. Another round? There never was a first round.

The club should move on, and has by recruiting good people, but we aren't the club and neither is the media.

I am a bit surprised that March gets away scott free. He has been in charge of the club for maybe three years. Surely he has to take some responsibility for where we are. I'm always surprised that the board walk around without taking any blame. There are still people who sit on this board who have been there throughout. The bucks stops with them.

pebsy54 said:
I am a bit surprised that March gets away scott free. He has been in charge of the club for maybe three years. Surely he has to take some responsibility for where we are. I'm always surprised that the board walk around without taking any blame. There are still people who sit on this board who have been there throughout. The bucks stops with them.

March has been the one to put good people in place. The decisions which left the club in the shape its in now were made by Casey and were hard to unravel because of long term contracts put in place at that time. March essentially had to wait it out. Perhaps he should have gone harder earlier with people like Miller.

Caro was 100% right and every point she stated was done with passion for her / our club - no-one can deny that - she wants Richmond to be back where we should be (as we all do).
Like it or lump it she is privy to far more information behind the scenes that most of us...I don't like a lot of what she says at times but inadvertantly it usually has merit in retrospect.
I hope she does have an agenda in regards to poking the AFL (in regards to draft picks) - we need help.
As long as it doesn't de-rail Dimma, Benny & March's long term vision what harm can it do?
I also agree that it's not about raking over old coals, trying to continually blame people for our current situation - it's more about gaining official acknowledgement that former senior employees of the club were responsible for the mess we find ourselves in right now...for 'historical' purposes.

I reckon we could replace our senior list (barring Martin & Nason) with Richmond Centrals at the moment and get a more competitive contest - we are not at AFL standard, and that angers me to no end.
Any of the 22 players played against the Cats should in theory be able to go back to Coburg (hyperthetically) and absolutely dominate...I don't think that would happen.
That's not Dimma's fault - this is the legacy he was left to work with and you just can't see it getting much better for some time....

Good thread. Thanks for the update guys, as we don't get this show in Darwin. Ch9 in Darwin have gone anti-AFL and show only NRL shows now that they don't have the AFL TV rights.

I have a suspicion (maybe it's more hope than suspicion) that Gale is playing this beautifully. If Gale mires himself in the past and blames Wallace, Miller, Casey and co then he gets these blokes using all their media mates helping them with defensive stories.

Very different from Wallace's arrival where he whinged about sweeping out rat droppings at his first dozen Tuesdays.

As it is, Caro prints a quote this morning from Vlad saying the Tigers have asked for nothing. So the word is out there that we need help, but we have asked for nothing. The likelihood of the commission helping is reported as low ... but it's not ruled out. Let's see what the public discussion reads like first, eh Vlad. Much better public goodwill this way.

Finally some smart operators in our club. In my view, the more comparisons with Fitzroy this year the better.

Tiger74 said:
two things

Geez I hate it when Paddlepop is right :mad:

2) How about some facts Caro. Cousins was drunk "because you know". Ablett was partying late "because you know". We are losing sponsors (yet no names) "because you know". I'd actually like you to back something up, because you yelling "I know" is growing old

Top post, move on. What benefit is a blame game going to give to the club, just bringing it up means she is still looking for excuses. We don't want excuses or sorry's we just want the club to go forward and get that 11th premiership.