Gerard Healy is right | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gerard Healy is right

Tango said:
i dont like healy but he is right aboutr lids, should play HBF and told to run all day
HBF and HFF are mids these days, we need hard nuts in the middle and running skilled players at HB & HF, lids should be recieving, running delivering then recieving again at half forward and kicking running goals

cotchin should play HF until he can run out games, he has smarts and skills, cousins is a HFF these days (as in the latter stages of his career at WC)

the sooner we get griffiths & astbury (fwds), post and gourdis (backs) into our spine the better, moore gets 3rd best defender and should kill him, lids and connors on the flanks that leaves 1 spot for a small defender (not newman)

get some size and hardness in the middle (our problem at the moment) jackson, foley (now back) and martin in the centre means we need 2 wingers - surely we have enough guys to rotate thru the wing.

HFF are cotchin and cousins, Riewoldt, Griffiths, Astbury are key Fwds and the final spot is a crumber i like nahas first as he offers a defensive side and some speed in the fwd line (at the expense of morton and taylor)

Rucks must be vickery and 1 of browne or graeme and the bench should be a utility like polo and 3 running players

my team would be

B: Farmer/Dea/Webberley Gourdis Moore
HB: Deledio Post Connors
C: Nason Martin Newman
HF: Cousins Astbury Cotchin
F: Nahas Griffiths Riewoldt
R: Vickery Jackson Foley

I: Polo, Morton, small, small

sorry but tambling doesnt get games until he can get the ball, simmons & polak are mistakes and mcguann and thurstfield are going backwards.

This is a young team but a team for the future, we may not win games but are not winning now so let these kids develop together and learn the DH way

It makes a lot of sense tango and I think we will see something like this in the next 12 months-2 years.

I hope everyone now realises nahas is a forward pocket and nothing else. he is not a mid. leave him in the pocket, ala Milne, ala Phil matera. Let him get 40 goals a year and 5 tackles a game. god knows we need the forward 50 pressure

Big Cat Lover said:
I hope everyone now realises nahas is a forward pocket and nothing else. he is not a mid. leave him in the pocket, ala Milne, ala Phil matera. Let him get 40 goals a year and 5 tackles a game. god knows we need the forward 50 pressure

Amen to that, talk about buy a shoe and wear it as a glove ::)

Crumpet_Avenger said:
I dont normally like this bloke but he has pointed out two major flaws in our lineup.

Riewoldt doesnt care about anything apart from looking good himself, No second efforst unless he has already booted 5 goals and cant punch when sent into defence, When I thought he was going to roam high and long like Richo, I forgot just how much heart Richo actually had. Jack is not a team player unless he looks like the leader of the team... He is not a gun and nor should he be treated like one.

Cotchin. I love this kid. But as Gerard said. He has no tank. I understand he has had no preseason and all of that. 2 years, blah blah blah, But however, other clubs "elite" midfielders can "rest at half forward or half back" and get 20 possies. It seems Trent cantr get anymore than this. Before all you clowns get on here and go off for no reason, have a look....

Kreuzer gets mkore stats as a ruckman than Cotchy gets a a midfielder, I love cotch as a player but if you are goiung to be an elite midefielder which you would be expected to be as a number 2 draft pick, you ned more than 20 possies in a game of footy. I know he has had issues and all that, however Gerad Healy pointed it out as well as other things.
Tambling, even though he just dobbed a goal, isnt consistant, You cvant have 28 disposals then have 8 kicks in 3/4's. Its time we got tough..

Jacvk needs a spell at coburg until he finds some heart. If I ever see him dive again like he did tonight when h's supposed to be a senior player i'd like to see dustin martin go up to him and belt him fair in the nose. We dont need actors we need triers!

Ive always liked nahas, never thought he would be a gun, but he has shown the most out of anyone tonight, he runs he tackles he tries. THATS THE BLOODY KEY!!!
JUST TRY! give it ya all. For christ sake. Why cant jack and morton and the moreskillful guys, lids, bling and cotch. Just bloody play with a bitta heart and guts!

Unless people get dropped they just continue knowing they get a game the next week, Morton was dropped, fair enough, hopefully he comes back well. Javck is way above himself, really not as good as he thinks he is.

Gerard also said we should look at dropping tambling once a month because he seems to get to complacent in the side. When he comes back he seems to star, Maybe he can go out next week!

As I said, I never listed to Gerard but tonight on foxtel he actually made sense and richmond as good as we were in the first 1/4, need to realise we are possibly the worst team in the comp and guys like jack, bling, actually make that everyone... need to know footy is about consistancy, not playing 1 or 2 good 1/4s... A rest maybe needed for these boys. Not 1 week. A rest until they realise we dont actually need them.. It should be a bloody honour to play, not a gift. earn the right. dont expect it.

Yound team coming through, Martin looks like he has been there the longest. He is what I call the model of consistancy and he is a 1st year player

get real tiges

Re Cotchin: This is directly related to our insability to develop players at this club. What resources do we have to develops kids compared to other clubs? So many times we see a great first year player dissappear into the realms of mediocirty at Richmond. (FWIW i also recognize Cotchin is underdone)

Re Nahas: he was droppped for not tackling, no pressure. Aside from that i agree with you.

Re Martin: Leave judgement to next year when he attracts a heavy tag and has the second year blues and is exposed to our poor (read: non-existant) development programs. So far, Martin is a champion.

Re Jack: Agree 100%. i actually highlighted this last year and got berrated by the posters on this board, saying we need to give him time and hes young and developing. Well, how much time does he need?

Re Tambling: shoudl be traded. A product of his own psychosematic mental problems (re: Buddy) that is underdeveloped due to the clubs lack of proper programs. Get rid of him whilst he still has some currency and can salvage his career somewhere else (read: Rodan).

Overall, this post is on the money :clap but most of it (read: all of it) is due to the clubs shocking track record of player development.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
Kreuzer gets mkore stats as a ruckman than Cotchy gets a a midfielder,

this is WRONG. like most of what you write it is just made up.
Cotchin averages more disposals and more marks than Kruezer this year.
He averaged more disposals and more marks than Kruezer last year.
he averaged more disposals and more marks than Kruezer in 2008.

doherz said:
Re Cotchin: This is directly related to our insability to develop players at this club. What resources do we have to develops kids compared to other clubs? So many times we see a great first year player dissappear into the realms of mediocirty at Richmond. (FWIW i also recognize Cotchin is underdone)

Re Martin: Leave judgement to next year when he attracts a heavy tag and has the second year blues and is exposed to our poor (read: non-existant) development programs. So far, Martin is a champion.

Re Jack: Agree 100%. i actually highlighted this last year and got berrated by the posters on this board, saying we need to give him time and hes young and developing. Well, how much time does he need?

so you acknowledge cotchin is underdone. but his "failings" are to do with our player development?
you will leave judgement on Martin til after his 2nd year? very generous of you.
what do you agree with about Jack? the fact is he is the best performed tall from his draft, or at worst 2nd behind tippett (who is a year older). he is the equal of any tall drafted the year before him.

what is the point of your reply? besides indulging in a little tiger bashing.

doherz said:
I think you'll find he gets tagged already, and if he isn't he will by the end of the year!

Ty Esler said:
I just posted on the Jack thread - no key forward in the AFL does more tackles than Jack this year. That looks like a guy working hard when he doesn't have the ball

Jack works hard within his direct personal space but doesn't yet have the motor to chase (appears to give up at times) - not that he really should need to if he's clunking his marks, that is, one grab hands out in front on a hard lead mark rather than the usual 'trying to take speccy of the year' efforts that are all too common...

Crumpet_Avenger said:
I

Cotchin. I love this kid. But as Gerard said. He has no tank. I understand he has had no preseason and all of that. 2 years, blah blah blah, But however, other clubs "elite" midfielders can "rest at half forward or half back" and get 20 possies. It seems Trent cantr get anymore than this. Before all you clowns get on here and go off for no reason, have a look....

its not an excuse, but fact, how many players would be even able to play when they have missed their base training, when he needs it most, i have rarely seen anyone, ever that plays really well with no preseasons, look at the current brilliant geelong team, even they were effected when fitness staff screwed
[ their preseason

Crumpet_Avenger said:
very skillfull, just doesnt get enough of the ball to be a midfielder... Trengrove and Martin have shown what to do this year, Rich and that bloody lil freo bloke last year...

Very hard to consistently win the midfield clearances when your ruckman cant get hands on the ball. Trengrove has Jamar who is a fair ruckman, which helps him

good midfileders make their own luck. When Ottens isnt playing for geelong anyone of them find the ball easy enough. A ruckman is a copout excuse. Id expect Cotchin to start getting alot more of the pill if im to believe he is the long lost champion we need so badly.

I agree he is a good footballer, but thats the problem at richmond, A good player in a crap team doesnt make you a champ.

Coughlan and Raines and maybe even Deledio have or will find this out, however Raines shoulda been given more oif a go last year under that stupid caretaker coach (who thought he had the next season job sewn up before he had it) He was the final nail in coffin for Raines IMO. Id love to see raines in our midfield/wing this year where he shoulda been all along...

Cotch would be a better idea down back than lids. Lids is a senior player now and needs to get into the guts rather than be told to use it from half back, at least he can get 30 touches..

Cotch can kick as well as Lids but cant get the ball as much, why not make a gibbs out of him and have him run off half back until he gets this so called fitness base up and then we can make and exact call on wheather or not her is this superhero you all refer to him as...

Crumpet_Avenger said:
good midfileders make their own luck. When Ottens isnt playing for geelong anyone of them find the ball easy enough. A ruckman is a copout excuse. Id expect Cotchin to start getting alot more of the pill if im to believe he is the long lost champion we need so badly.

I agree he is a good footballer, but thats the problem at richmond, A good player in a crap team doesnt make you a champ.

Coughlan and Raines and maybe even Deledio have or will find this out, however Raines shoulda been given more oif a go last year under that stupid caretaker coach (who thought he had the next season job sewn up before he had it) He was the final nail in coffin for Raines IMO. Id love to see raines in our midfield/wing this year where he shoulda been all along...

Cotch would be a better idea down back than lids. Lids is a senior player now and needs to get into the guts rather than be told to use it from half back, at least he can get 30 touches..

Cotch can kick as well as Lids but cant get the ball as much, why not make a gibbs out of him and have him run off half back until he gets this so called fitness base up and then we can make and exact call on wheather or not her is this superhero you all refer to him as...

raines should never be discussed or used as an example in any sort of comparison to Cotchin. I admire you putting it out there Crumpet man, but The Cotch will make you pay for labeling him a major flaw..

Crumpet_Avenger said:
Cotch can kick as well as Lids but cant get the ball as much,

Cotchin has played 5 games this year being his 26th game to his current 31st game. He has 89 disposals in that time

Deledio in his 26th game to his 31st game had 76 disposals.

Additionally in those 5 games of Deledios we won 4 out of 5

So Cotchin is actually getting more ball than Deledio at the same stage of development and in sides getting pumped.

TigerPort said:
Cotchin has played 5 games this year being his 26th game to his current 31st game. He has 89 disposals in that time

Deledio in his 26th game to his 31st game had 76 disposals.

Additionally in those 5 games of Deledios we won 4 out of 5

So Cotchin is actually getting more ball than Deledio at the same stage of development and in sides getting pumped.

considering lidas played as a permanant forward under the last coach pinch hitting on the ball that stat means nothing that you provided. I think Cotch is very skillful and a good footballer, however he doesnt get enough of the ball. Rich got plenty last year, trengrove is this year, both in their first years.

everyone tells me coz cotch has had injuries he cant do this, he cant do that...Bulldust.

What base did foley have this week when he came back and was our best midfielder?
Judd comes back and in almost BoG 2 weeks in a row.

If theres an excuse to be made at richmond theres always an excuse made beecause we allow it to happen.

Cotch is a classy player. Just dont go getten ya hopes up that he is the messiah. when someone speaks out about this they get their heads knocked off..