Gerard Healy is right | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gerard Healy is right

Cotchin finished with 20 touches and will only get better. Hasn't even had a full proper preseason yet (only did 2 days a week this year didn't he?).

Least of our worries. Let's talk L.McGuane...

btoz_01 said:
He also said that Deledio should be played at HB which is his correct position as he cant handle being tagged.
Deledio is wasted in the backline, play him forward let him create. As for the tag other players handle it so should Deledio.
Just get a few of your team mates to pay attention to the tagger. :smash
This could work. Lids can be our Goddard / Hodge.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
If cotch isnt fit then dont play him..
What a tool, hes fit. What he needs is match fitness. How do you get match fitness? By playing! Wheres the best place to gain match fitness and learn the most, Playing regular senior football! pppfffttt

Danog said:
This could work. Lids can be our Goddard / Hodge.
Agree. I think this is where DH sees Lids playing his best footy if we can assemble a decent midfield without him.

My knock on Deledio in this spot is that he needs to take on quite a lesser opponent as his defensive side (particularly in the air) is weak.

I still believe Lids is a midfielder. It makes me sad to think of all those talents and attributes sitting on a hbf.

Healy never fails to stick the boot in, same with his mate Lyon. We barely hear any criticism about Melbourne's woeful years. To be honest I just don't listen to most commentators anymore.

It's interesting the guys who are more balanced and insightful in their opinions seem to be recently retired players. They might mangle the English language but they seem to have more of an understanding of players and teams. Most of the older blokes just come across as bitter and irrelevant old men.

Done well in the forward line under Wallace.
Don't understand why he isn't being tried there again, specially with the way our forward is going so far.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
maybe when thers more than 1 positive a 1/4 ther iks something worth saying...

we played real well in the 1st 1/4 after that was ordianry...

I think it was because freo just expected to belt us tho... Thats why it took em a while to get on the game.

what makes me angry is people who just justify mediocre... Players who play for us should be treated like anyone else. A full forward needs to kick goald. A ful back needs to stop goals. A runk needs to hit to advantage and midfielders need to keck to advantage..

One big prob. Jack kicks 2 goals and thinks he is a hero and everyone in australia know who he is....

Jack needs to learn people barely even know who he is and if it wasnt for nick they would still be trying to pronounce his surname...

Some guys dont know what opportunity they have til it bites them in the bum...

You must make yourself very angry because you continue to justify yourself.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
very skillfull, just doesnt get enough of the ball to be a midfielder... Trengrove and Martin have shown what to do this year, Rich and that bloody lil freo bloke last year...

If cotch isnt fit then dont play him..

If hes as good as everyone says he's gunna be. Give him his due time off. if he is on the park though he must be coinsidered "fair game" and 12-21 possies a game isnt good enough for an "elite midfielder"

ableet and judd are elite Cotch is a classy hopeful.

Gotta get the runs on the board. If ya not fit , dont play... simple

no excuses at afl level

An unfit Cotch still does better than White, Hislop, Thompson to name a few, why play them instead of Cotch. If we had better fit players would agree, but we don't.

So according to CA Coth has to go as does a few others which will mean we have to play McMuffin so that would mean CA is McMuffin or Mike Sheahan.

velo said:
I still believe Lids is a midfielder. It makes me sad to think of all those talents and attributes sitting on a hbf.

He might be in the middle if Connors hadn't stuffed up. We need someone with foot skills to play that role. Connors has done the club an injustice.

i dont like healy but he is right aboutr lids, should play HBF and told to run all day
HBF and HFF are mids these days, we need hard nuts in the middle and running skilled players at HB & HF, lids should be recieving, running delivering then recieving again at half forward and kicking running goals

cotchin should play HF until he can run out games, he has smarts and skills, cousins is a HFF these days (as in the latter stages of his career at WC)

the sooner we get griffiths & astbury (fwds), post and gourdis (backs) into our spine the better, moore gets 3rd best defender and should kill him, lids and connors on the flanks that leaves 1 spot for a small defender (not newman)

get some size and hardness in the middle (our problem at the moment) jackson, foley (now back) and martin in the centre means we need 2 wingers - surely we have enough guys to rotate thru the wing.

HFF are cotchin and cousins, Riewoldt, Griffiths, Astbury are key Fwds and the final spot is a crumber i like nahas first as he offers a defensive side and some speed in the fwd line (at the expense of morton and taylor)

Rucks must be vickery and 1 of browne or graeme and the bench should be a utility like polo and 3 running players

my team would be

B: Farmer/Dea/Webberley Gourdis Moore
HB: Deledio Post Connors
C: Nason Martin Newman
HF: Cousins Astbury Cotchin
F: Nahas Griffiths Riewoldt
R: Vickery Jackson Foley

I: Polo, Morton, small, small

sorry but tambling doesnt get games until he can get the ball, simmons & polak are mistakes and mcguann and thurstfield are going backwards.

This is a young team but a team for the future, we may not win games but are not winning now so let these kids develop together and learn the DH way

Not a bad team, probably not far off what Hardwick has in mind down the track. Tambling is a mile in front of any of your current back pocket options. Not sure why he hasn't been played off a half back flank this year where he was a star last year. Being played out of position so far me thinks.

Mr Magic said:
Not a bad team, probably not far off what Hardwick has in mind down the track. Tambling is a mile in front of any of your current back pocket options. Not sure why he hasn't been played off a half back flank this year where he was a star last year. Being played out of position so far me thinks.

Tambling is far off what he produced in 8 or 9 games last year Mr M.
He's gone backwards so fast he's now in the 20th century.
For a top 10 selection, out of 100 games Tambling's played probably 10, 12 14 ??? very good games. The majority have been lacklustre. Less than serviceable.
Patience has to end sometime. In reality if Tambling was up for trade, what type of selection would he be worth realistically. Lucky to get under pick 35-40, perhaps. That's Richie's rate of improvement for going on 6 years in the
system.What sort of contract would he be on? $300k plus? An absolute joke.
How some of these blokes get a career is beyond me.
Time to trade him.

disagree, moore is a mile in front of any 3rd tall we have coz he plays tall or small and HBF need run and skill so connors, lids and moore are 3 first backs, add gourdis and post as the keys and it leaves 1 spot up for grabs, if its not newman its someone else and i dont think tambling works hard enough or has the concentration for back pocket, at best he is on the bench in my team, could even consider thurstfield or polo as the other back pocket coz they can play small also - now we are starting to get some height in our backline.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
Riewoldt doesnt care about anything apart from looking good himself, No second efforst unless he has already booted 5 goals and cant punch when sent into defence, When I thought he was going to roam high and long like Richo, I forgot just how much heart Richo actually had. Jack is not a team player unless he looks like the leader of the team... He is not a gun and nor should he be treated like one.

I just posted on the Jack thread - no key forward in the AFL does more tackles than Jack this year. That looks like a guy working hard when he doesn't have the ball

Ty Esler said:
I just posted on the Jack thread - no key forward in the AFL does more tackles than Jack this year. That looks like a guy working hard when he doesn't have the ball

Yeah, was equal 3rd for tackles (5 of the 66) for us against Freo

Tango said:
disagree, moore is a mile in front of any 3rd tall we have coz he plays tall or small and HBF need run and skill so connors, lids and moore are 3 first backs, add gourdis and post as the keys and it leaves 1 spot up for grabs, if its not newman its someone else and i dont think tambling works hard enough or has the concentration for back pocket, at best he is on the bench in my team, could even consider thurstfield or polo as the other back pocket coz they can play small also - now we are starting to get some height in our backline.
We only have 3rd talls.

Mr Magic said:
Could it be that the Coach is trying to teach different players different positions and therefore attributes to their games. I think that Lids certainly needs to learn how to ski uphill, and Ritchie needs to learn how to find the footy in the midfield and forward. This year is all about learning methinks- be patient guys. I think Dimma has planned it all the way through the next few years and it will click eventually.